Bills sign DT Linval Joseph---Elam to IR

Process

4 minutes ago, stuvian said:

he's only 100 years old

Timeout.  He joined the Eagles last year mid-week, started immediately for 10 games....they got 49 sacks over that span and their Points Allowed went down by 5 points

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Suh has been sitting in a tv studio in London. 

Yes, I'm sure that's all he does huh.  I hope he signs here just for this silly comment 

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

"Guys, Beane is asleep at the wheel"-clueless BBMB trolls

Confusion...So people are trolls for wanting the Bills to make a move for a guy like Joseph. But then the Bills sign Joseph the people that wanted him are clueless trolls? Makes no sense...

BBMB "Troll" - The Bills need to sign a guy like Linval Joseph 

BBMB "non-Troll" - The Bills dont need to do anything. This roster is stacked and I trust Beane. You are a clueless troll. 

Bills sign Joseph...

BBMB "non-Troll" - Great move by Beane. I hope this shuts up the clueless trolls. Beane knows what he is doing. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Absolutely love the signing.

I wonder two things:

First, which DT goes back to the inactive list each week, assuming they don't suit up five of them. Is it Ford again? If so....the Ford signing was not great. Though I suppose for them to even NEED to sign Joseph, the Ford signing ALREADY wasn't looking great.

Second, is there any chance at all that Daquon Jones can come back by playoff time? An early down interior line of Joseph and Jones would be beastly to try to run against.

The Bills defense got a lot better this week. Rasul Douglas and Linval Joseph will help that side of the ball IMMENSELY, and neither will break the bank. Well done, Beane.

I think Ford looked good against TB.  I would put Settle on the inactive.  Maybe even elevate Ankou and see what he can do with some snaps  

Oliver

Joseph
Phillips
Ford 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think Ford looked good against TB.  I would put Settle on the inactive.  Maybe even elevate Ankou and see what he can do with some snaps  

Oliver

Joseph
Phillips
Ford 

Yeah I'd be on board with that. Settle has done absolutely nothing to stand out to me this year.

Let Phillips and Oliver (and Groot on passing downs) be your 3Ts and let Joseph and Ford be your 1Ts.

Sign me up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Serious question: why is he available? 

He appears to be doing for the rings.   He does not want to deal with training camp and wants fewer games a year to have less impact on body.  

He has played 179 games with him starting 170 of them plus 12 playoff games where he started.

First year he did not play much.  After that he was active 11-16 games a year except Eagles where he came in mid-season and started.

Very durable.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoseLi99.htm

image.thumb.png.7ccae055e96080bfdb2c4c503a553711.png

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Confusion...So people are trolls for wanting the Bills to make a move for a guy like Joseph. But then the Bills sign Joseph the people that wanted him are clueless trolls? Makes no sense...

BBMB "non-Troll" - The Bills dont need to do anything. This roster is stacked and I trust Beane. You are a clueless troll. 

Bills sign Joseph...

BBMB "non-Troll" - Great move by Beane. I hope this shuts up the clueless trolls. Beane knows what he is doing. 

Did you deliberately choose to contort what the post said or was it just a natural victim complex.

Non troll: The Bills need to sign a guy like Linval Joseph and I am optimistic that Beane will do so. And if we dont sign him I will assume it is for a valid reason.

Troll: The Bills need to sign a guy like Linval Joseph and we havent yet because Beane is asleep at the wheel, of course he didnt sign anyone. Other teams get better but not us. Fire Beane.

Edited by jletha
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, jletha said:

Did you deliberately choose to contort what the post said or was it just a natural victim complex.

Non troll: The Bills need to sign a guy like Linval Joseph and I am optimistic that Beane will do so. And if we dont sign him I will assume it is for a valid reason.

Troll: The Bills need to sign a guy like Linval Joseph and we havent yet because Beane is asleep at the wheel, of course he didnt sign anyone. Other teams get better but not us. Fire Beane.

This is what the post said 

Key word being clueless. 

I just find it entertaining that people are called clueless when they want Beane to make a move. Some people just want to defend whatever the Bills are doing at all cost. Its a your opinion is bad until the Bills do what you say. Why cant people think for themselves and let others think as well. 

12 minutes ago, jletha said:

For me Bills need to sign Joseph for help and scheme help. To help the defense out. 

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

This is what the post said 

Key word being clueless. 

I just find it entertaining that people are called clueless when they want Beane to make a move. Some people just want to defend whatever the Bills are doing at all cost. Its a your opinion is bad until the Bills do what you say. Why cant people think for themselves and let others think as well. 

its clueless for saying hes "asleep at the wheel"  before everything was done. Not clueless for wanting him to sign someone. Everyone wanted him to sign someone.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He is not a pass rusher, this dude is a run clogger that will allow Oliver and the backers to stay clean.

Most DTs don't get a lot of sacks because they do the dirty work inside occupying blockers, enabling the edge rushers to get the sacks.  Pass rushing DTs like Oliver are exceptions which is what makes them so valuable.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

Most DTs don't get a lot of sacks because they do the dirty work inside occupying blockers, enabling the edge rushers to get the sacks.  Pass rushing DTs like Oliver are exceptions which is what makes them so valuable.

Yup...and then you have the unicorns like DaQuan Jones that can do both well which are worth their weight in platinum. and that's a huge mound of platinum.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

^^^

39 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Bills sign Joseph...

BBMB "non-Troll" - Great move by

Beane. I hope this shuts up the clueless trolls. Beane knows what he is doing.

I think Dablitzkrieg was being sarcastic.

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yup...and then you have the unicorns like DaQuan Jones that can do both well which are worth their weight in platinum. and that's a huge mound of platinum.

I feel like its really hard to get a ton of non-clean up sacks as a 1T.  Not only do you have to likely split a double team, but you're right in the QBs face and he's likely to try and escape since its the first thing they'll see.  

2 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I feel like its really hard to get a ton of non-clean up sacks as a 1T.  Not only do you have to likely split a double team, but you're right in the QBs face and he's likely to try and escape since its the first thing they'll see.  

DaQuan was very good at forcing the defenders back into the QB and flushing the QB right into someone else like Oliver or Rousseau or breaking free and forcing the QB to try and get away from him which led to bad plays...sacks, throw aways and INTs.  Dude was a pass rushing force from the inside, had one of the highest pass rush win rates for an interior DT. He got some sacks but a lot of sacks other players had were basically DaQuan doing 80% of the work.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 5

7 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I think Beane realizes this roster took a step back with the 3 big defensive losses. As a fan who never expected him to be aggressive. and then watch him cover  2 positions with proven quality, I am appreciative.

We don't know if this is all going to work, but credit to Beane for taking the swings and not punting on the season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

We could really use him & Douglas against the Bengals. It will be interesting to see how much both play, if at all.

This is such a key game for the season.  We have left little margin for error with bad losses to the Jets & Pats. Now, the pressure is on to beat the better teams on our schedule.  Feels like we have to win 2 of 3 out of Cincy, KC & Philly..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, Success said:

We could really use him & Douglas against the Bengals. It will be interesting to see how much both play, if at all.

This is such a key game for the season.  We have left little margin for error with bad losses to the Jets & Pats. Now, the pressure is on to beat the better teams on our schedule.  Feels like we have to win 2 of 3 out of Cincy, KC & Philly..

What's this 2 out of 3 thing? We ARE winning all 3! 😁

• Awesome! (+1) 3

I just have one thing I wonder about.  How comfortable will he be if the Bills play him versus the Bengals?  Yes, I read the post about him coming in and playing right away last year at Philadelphia, but I don't know how similar the defenses are.  Is Buffalo's defense pretty similar to what he's played in the past?  At his age, I imagine the Bills would view him as a rotational player.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.