Brandon Beane Media Comments

BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, balln said:

Iโ€™m not buying it. McD and the coaches have had plenty of time to mention thatโ€ฆ.. itโ€™s beanes inarguable excuse

ย 

blah Blah BLAHย BLAH anything you do not agree with blah Blah BLAHย BLAH

Balin'sย inarguable bs

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

12 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

put the pitchforks away, jfc

ย 

ย 

ย 

Some need to mount it on ground and then mount it.

Edited by Limeaid
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wraith said:

He's been on the injury report the last two weeks:

ย 

https://www.buffalobills.com/team/injury-report/week/REG-7

ย 

I sit corrected.ย  Thanks!ย  I was relying on PFR's injury report which collates, and didn't have him.ย  Me bad - I know it isn't always accurate.

ย 

But he was "FP" before Thursday's game and Beane made it sound (to me) like it was an ongoing thing.

1 hour ago, balln said:

I just donโ€™t get the Dorian Williams pick - coaches canโ€™t even / choose not to play him. Or Justin - never gonna be anything - shorter. We needed DT depth.ย 

ย 

I bet most felt this way last year after the Bernard pick.ย 

And if they were to throw Rasul in and he gets burned I can just imagine your posts then.ย 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

@JMMย How those uhhhh , those national pundits and "good information" people you've got lookin for ya? Wasn't on the market at all, not even close.ย 

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ , oh i DO want to talk to u about that bridge in Brooklyn,ย  I have it on sale right now. You can't be this naive, CAN YOU? Let me help u out. BB engaged in some terrific GMSPEAK today. As a public service I will translate it to English. Ready?

ย 

First a disclaimer for you: The following is OPINION.

ย 

BB: We're not giving up on him now..

ย 

Translation: We did our due diligence and looked into trading him, but either due to lack or interest or not agreeing on compensation we didn't get er done. Now we're stuck with him till season end.

ย 

BB: Having said that you have to be ready to play..

ย 

Translation: This is not a physical issue with him, it's mental and/ or attitudinal.ย  He simply is not doing what he needs to as a professional for our standards.ย 

ย 

BB: BTW he has a nagging ankle injury( despite being a healthy scratch less than one week ago, and when asked after the game McDermott said NOTHINGย  about an injury , just that 36 yr old Norman gives us a better chance to win right now), so we may place him on IR to get well...

ย 

Translation: We are going to get this guy out of McDermott and the rest of the staffs hair, they have had it.

ย 

BB : whether it's the minimum 4 weeks,ย  5, whatever it takes..

ย 

Translation: We aren't activating this guy the rest of the season unless it's an absolute emergency.ย 

ย 

There you go. You're welcome. Now about that bridge....

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Correct

ย 

Daquan Jones is a nice player, but if your defense can't overcome losing him you didn't have one to begin with

Ok. But loss you Defensive QB in Malino, Your best CB in Tre, and the Jones, Anchor of the D, all at the same time. It is more than just losing one!

ย 

Guess what none of their backups can replace the talent lost. Would be the same for 95% of the teams out there. I think losing Jones was the biggest hit to the D. And wish we traded for a DT as that is the more important piece to me. But I'm sure Beane tried to. Just couldn't find the deal. Hopefully we can bring in a FA that helps the rotation some.ย 

ย 

ย 

On Elamโ€™s ankle, from 10/21:

https://bangedupbills.com/2023/10/21/afc-east-injury-preview-week-7-2/?amp=1#Buffalo-Bills
ย 

CB Kaiir Elam (Ankle)

Wednesday revealed that Elam aggravated an ankle injury from training camp that left him limited on Wednesday before practicing in full on Thursday and Friday. Looking back at my articles from August, there wasnโ€™t any mention of injuries during in-game broadcasts or from the media that I can find.ย 

Elam had an ankle/foot injury last year that he injured against the Steelers in Week 5 before aggravating the injury several weeks later, jamming his ankle. Itโ€™s unknown if this is the same issue or a different complaint, but any injury that hinders Elamโ€™s performance doesnโ€™t help his development. He does not have a designation and will play on Sunday.

33 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

ย 

Week 8 shows him a full participant all week with no injury designation for the game.ย 

ย 

Now he's on the verge of being shut down for the year? I'd like to know what our practices ask of these players if they can participate fully all week with no issues, yet be heading to IR regardless.ย ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Beane never said shut down for the year.ย  If you actually listen to his PC, he clarified Elam could return in 4 weeks, 5 weeks, etc.ย  Whenever he's ready/ healthy.

ย 

That's if he goes on IR, Beane likely doesn't mention this though unless it's their plan.ย  Elam did miss practice today.

35 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

ย 

Week 8 shows him a full participant all week with no injury designation for the game.ย 

ย 

Now he's on the verge of being shut down for the year? I'd like to know what our practices ask of these players if they can participate fully all week with no issues, yet be heading to IR regardless.ย ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

With all respect, That's Football.

ย 

To my understanding, by midseason the training room is full of players who may or may not be listed on the injury report (depending upon whether they are able to complete 100% of all aspects of practice), but who have low-level injuries that are being treated and would be improved by a couple weeks of rest.

ย 

Beane is going to have to IR or cut someone to add a DT to the roster.ย  Just like injured rookies who would probably play through if they'd earned a starting slot get IR'd, a guy who is being treated and is on the lower edge of the depth chart is a candidate.

ย 

Beane didn't say "shut down for the year", he said "shut down" meaning go on IR.ย  Could be designated to return any time after 4 games.

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Settle is a disappointment, I remember Washington fans were very upset that he left.

Phillips is just washedย 

ย 

Agree on Settle.ย  Also Poona Ford.

ย 

I thought Phillips had been playing better, more disciplined football this season and doing well.ย  Not playing lights-out like Ed Oliver, but less stat-chasing and more gap integrity.ย  The reason Phillips wasn't a good run defender during his first stint here was that he was chasing stats and would penetrate and try for a sack at the expense of minding his gap against the run and doing his part to keep the LB's clean.ย  He seemed to have "straightened up" this year (did it some last year - was one memorable game where Edmunds could be seen/heard chewing him out)

ย 

What do you see that says he is washed?

ย 

ย 

Edited by Beck Water

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

ย 

Medical work is being done on Ndamukong Suh and Matt Ioannidis.

I wonder who would be better between these two guys.ย 

ย 

It's surprising Ioaniddis isn't on a team, I remember Washington thought he was the better Settle, was good enough to start but blocked by Payne and Allen, they were thrilled when they kept him last year.ย 

5 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Beane never said shut down for the year.ย  If you actually listen to his PC, he clarified Elam could return in 4 weeks, 5 weeks, etc.ย  Whenever he's ready/ healthy.

ย 

That's if he goes on IR, Beane likely doesn't mention this though unless it's their plan.ย  Elam did miss practice today.

ย 

True, he could come back. I can see the logic, even if the injury isn't significant, since they're currently wasting a roster spot on a guy they have no intention of playing.ย 

ย 

I assume if Elam was on the practice squad it wouldn't be a consideration, but since they added Douglas it stands to reason they want to open up a spot for another possible addition, like a 1Tech that's currently on another team's practice squad.ย 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Franco_92 said:

I wonder who would be better between these two guys.ย 

ย 

It's surprising Ioaniddis isn't on a team, I remember Washington thought he was the better Settle, was good enough to start but blocked by Payne and Allen, they were thrilled when they kept him last year.ย 

ย 

Oh, Gee.ย  Another DT who "Washington was thrilled" about......*shudder* (thinking of Settle, who Washington fans were apparently upset we signed away)

35 minutes ago, transient said:

Iโ€™ve gotten to the end of the first page of this thread and I just HAVE to askโ€ฆ

ย 

Ever given any thought to changing your screen name to โ€œbawlinโ€?

ย 

Good gravyโ€ฆ ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

*chef's kiss* to your Good Gravy!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, balln said:

Classic beane - defending his draft picks poor play. ANY injury is the first go to defense.

ย 

Spencer brown back

gabe Davis ankleย 

Ed Oliver backย 

blah blah blahย 

ย 

1 hour ago, balln said:

Iโ€™m not buying it. McD and the coaches have had plenty of time to mention thatโ€ฆ.. itโ€™s beanes inarguable excuse

Clearly you formed your ever-so-enlightened and never-endingly-vomited opinion from the few out of context words above and not from Beane's actual comments where he discusses how things haven't yet clicked for him, similar to Douglas and Norman at the beginning of their careers, but he's a hard worker and he's trying to get better... the ankle was hardly the main focus of his discussion of Elam.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, sunshynman said:

Ok. But loss you Defensive QB in Malino, Your best CB in Tre, and the Jones, Anchor of the D, all at the same time. It is more than just losing one!

ย 

Guess what none of their backups can replace the talent lost. Would be the same for 95% of the teams out there. I think losing Jones was the biggest hit to the D. And wish we traded for a DT as that is the more important piece to me. But I'm sure Beane tried to. Just couldn't find the deal. Hopefully we can bring in a FA that helps the rotation some.ย 

ย 

ย 

White hasn't been our best CB for two years now

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, nbbillsfan said:

Other than Suh, what other veteran FA DT's are out there?

Linval Joesephย  - massive
Matt Loannidisย  - former panther

Akiem Hicksย 
Corey Peters

ย 

ย 

45 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

ย 

Medical work is being done on Ndamukong Suh and Matt Ioannidis.

Is it possible we sign both? That would be greatย 

ย 

Maybe Suh to active roster and loannidis to PS ?ย 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, balln said:

Classic beane - defending his draft picks poor play. ANY injury is the first go to defense.

ย 

Spencer brown back

gabe Davis ankleย 

Ed Oliver backย 

blah blah blahย 

ย 

This is dome really dumb *****.. Oliver's been great, except when he's been hurt.

ย 

I swear some of you just hate the Bills LOL

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Is it possible we sign both?

ย 

I was told yes it is possible we sign both.

ย 

Presumably (my guess, not from my source) we would put Elam on IR and then cut one of Settle or Ford if we want to add both. Or maybe Ioannidis starts on the PS.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Can't believe Ioannidis is still out there.

ย 

I can believe it.ย 

He is best in a 3-4 defense as a DE, which by virtue of their only being 3 d-linemen, makes the amount of available positions significantly less.ย  In fact, i'm not sure if has ever even played in a 4-3 (has he?).

ย 

It also makes me wonder why we are even looking at him, since we need a 1 tech.

ย 

He had practically no market when he was a free agent last season and had to accept a 1 year deal from Carolina.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

ย 

I can believe it.ย 

He is best in a 3-4 defense as a DE, which by virtue of their only being 3 d-linemen, makes the amount of available positions significantly less.ย  In fact, i'm not sure if has ever even played in a 4-3 (has he?).

ย 

It also makes me wonder why we are even looking at him, since we need a 1 tech.

ย 

He had practically no market when he was a free agent last season and had to accept a 1 year deal from Carolina.

I thought he played 3-tech for Washington, for a time, and was disruptive.

2 hours ago, balln said:

Yeah they probably put him on the injury report week 7 and 8 just to cover their butts right? Theyโ€™re just making up injuries, right?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.