Bills vs Tampa Bay. On to Week 8

BuffaloBillyG

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

My thought is that if they're making him inactive in favor of Josh Norman, maybe want to keep him healthy so they can trade him. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

I'm really not ready to give up on Elam although clearly McDermott is.   He didn't have a bad rookie season.   How is it possible that he has regressed so much over the course of a year?   None of it makes any sense.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

well this goes along with the idea Allen needs to think less and just play football…

he plays well on short weeks (hoping it continues!) 

I would enjoy seeing this offense pick up the pace and show more explosiveness. 

& please….LET JOSH RUN

Edited by Warriorspikes51

50 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Here's a weird bit of info I got from my source - Josh Norman will apparently dress for tomorrow's game over Elam. I won't lie, this is so out there that I almost don't believe it, but that's what I was told.

Also Andy Isabella has a good chance of being elevated for this game.

Desperate times call for desperate measures...

I don't discount this, however I'm not seeing the logic here. The Bills get 2 PS call ups. So that would make Norman and Isabella the call ups and roll with just Kincaid at TE (some help from Gilliam and Edwards as well I would assume). That's an odd move for sure.

3 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I get not making moves on desperation. However, do you think this current roster is good enough to make a deep run? You think this coaching staff can make the proper adjustments with it's current players to turn things around? 

I know you are well aware of the tough upcoming schedule as well. 

As Josh Allen said things look bleak. He wasn't lying and that's not exactly a vote of confidence. 

in short, this team is in desperation mode. The look, feel, and results of the team are not encouraging. 

Make a run in our current state, with the current landscape … absolutely not.  

However we don’t know how the season unfolds. 

News out of Miami today that they may be without Tyreek Hill for a bit.  Is this the year KC finally loses the major injury horseshoe they have?  Can Burrow/Lamar make it through the season?  

We’ve been hit.. hard… with injury.   Maybe it continues, maybe it doesn’t … but injuries around the league are a constant.

Get to the playoffs and potentially get some guys back, and who knows. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Trade him for what a pack of gum, seriously how bad can his value of gotten if he loses out to Josh frickin Norman who wasn't even here when the season started.

Wonder who Isabella would be getting the nod over, Shakir actually had a better game last time.

I think it could possibly be a function of them not having more than one credible TE and needing numbers to play 11 personnel pretty much all game.

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Make a run in our current state, with the current landscape … absolutely not.  

However we don’t know how the season unfolds. 

News out of Miami today that they may be without Tyreek Hill for a bit.  Is this the year KC finally loses the major injury horseshoe they have?  Can Burrow/Lamar make it through the season?  

We’ve been hit.. hard… with injury.   Maybe it continues, maybe it doesn’t … but injuries around the league are a constant.

Get to the playoffs and potentially get some guys back, and who knows. 

Getting to the playoffs is not a given at this point. The upcoming Bills schedule is very difficult. We all can do the math. 

8 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Getting to the playoffs is not a given at this point. The upcoming Bills schedule is very difficult. We all can do the math. 

Aside from every game being difficult, I just don't see the schedule as being THAT difficult. We have the 2 game gauntlet of Chiefs/Eagles, and those are the 2 best teams in the league right now..

But aside from that, it's pretty normal. Cincy is just like us - they're not all that this year, at least so far.  Dolphins at the end will be tough. Otherwise, every game is basically like tomorrow's.  

• Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Success said:

Aside from every game being difficult, I just don't see the schedule as being THAT difficult. We have the 2 game gauntlet of Chiefs/Eagles, and those are the 2 best teams in the league right now..

But aside from that, it's pretty normal. Cincy is just like us - they're not all that this year, at least so far.  Dolphins at the end will be tough. Otherwise, every game is basically like tomorrow's.  

Cinci is a very poor match up for the Bills. The Jets are a bad match up for the Bills because their D is so good. NE just beat the Bills. LA Chargers are dangerous. Dallas is solid. 

I have the Bills going 6-4 for the next 10 games. That makes them finish at 10-7. 

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Cinci is a very poor match up for the Bills. The Jets are a bad match up for the Bills because their D is so good. NE just beat the Bills. LA Chargers are dangerous. Dallas is solid. 

I have the Bills going 6-4 for the next 10 games. That makes them finish at 10-7. 

I just can't see that Jets team sweeping us, at home. I agree they're not a good matchup, and of course could win, but I'd be very surprised if we lost that game.

Dallas doesn't concern me.

The Chargers will be tough because they're alright, and it's a west coast trip. I could see us losing that. But I also see us splitting Chiefs/Eagles. I don't think we lose both.

I'd go w/ more of an 11-6 final record, but it doesn't matter too much.  We are likely not getting the 1 seed, or missing the playoffs. And I think our chances in the playoffs hinge quite a bit on the ability of Milano & Jones to play again..

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Teams trade for other teams' draft busts all the time, thinking they can turn them around. It hasn't been that long and they still have their draft grades on him. 

6th round at best you would think …

Or maybe we could trade him for another teams draft bust LB or DT?

50 minutes ago, Success said:

I think this is best case scenario. I have little confidence that the Bills team can win vs KC and Philly. I'd add in Cinci too. Those teams are just a much better team than Buffalo. They have home field advantage and much better coaching too. Sure it's possible the Bills win but I'm not sure how any Bills fans can feel confident. 

Truthfully, I think this team struggles to make the playoffs. This team feels much different than previous teams. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think this is best case scenario. I have little confidence that the Bills team can win vs KC and Philly. I'd add in Cinci too. Those teams are just a much better team than Buffalo. They have home field advantage and much better coaching too. Sure it's possible the Bills win but I'm not sure how any Bills fans can feel confident. 

Truthfully, I think this team struggles to make the playoffs. This team feels much different than previous teams. 

People here in Cincinnati hate Zac Taylor like we hate Dorsey and McDermott. Combined. No creativity in the offense. He relies too much on Burrow and Chase and his scheme is too vanilla. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Here's a weird bit of info I got from my source - Josh Norman will apparently dress for tomorrow's game over Elam. I won't lie, this is so out there that I almost don't believe it, but that's what I was told.

Thanks for sharing!

If all true, then....

1. Only 2 callups per week (I think this is still true?): would have expected Wilson and Ankou

2. Likely means Ed is healthy to play

3. Offense must plan to roll with more 4 WR sets.  Going from 12 to 4 Wr would be a welcome sight

4. Elam, agree, he's likely being shopped in a trade.  No other reason to call up Norman.  

All I have to say about an Elam trade, is Beane really whiffed/hopefully he's packaged in a deal for a solid player (that would help ease the situation)

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I don’t think anyone is really arguing this with you.   We all know this.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Weather looks warm and decent for Thurs night.  A far cry from Sunday afternoon which is forecast for mid 40's and a cold rain.

If the Bills win I'll give credit to the nicer weather....,  if the Bills lose I will blame the nicer weather that gave a Florida team a break.  

• Haha (+1) 5

41 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

People here in Cincinnati hate Zac Taylor like we hate Dorsey and McDermott. Combined. No creativity in the offense. He relies too much on Burrow and Chase and his scheme is too vanilla. 

Lou A is elite though. 

31 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Thanks for sharing!

If all true, then....

1. Only 2 callups per week (I think this is still true?): would have expected Wilson and Ankou

2. Likely means Ed is healthy to play

3. Offense must plan to roll with more 4 WR sets.  Going from 12 to 4 Wr would be a welcome sight

4. Elam, agree, he's likely being shopped in a trade.  No other reason to call up Norman.  

All I have to say about an Elam trade, is Beane really whiffed/hopefully he's packaged in a deal for a solid player (that would help ease the situation)

Are we all thinking the same thing with Elam? As soon as he's gone he will be productive and a very good CB on the right team. 

Personally,  I think it's more of a Bills scheme problem and now he's lost his confidence. A change of scenery might be exactly what he needs. He's not a good Bill though. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Lou A is elite though. 

Yeah he is. But the Bengals offense goes dormant for entire halves, which is surprising for a unit with that much talent. For example, they scored 14 on their first two drives against the Seahawks at home and then scored 3 the rest of the way. They do this a lot. And their D is not quite as good this year due to losses in the secondary in FA. One strength was their Safeties and they lost both. I’m not saying that the Bills beat them, but they are a weaker team this year and barring a Lamar injury they won’t win their division. And this is the last year of the party because one of Higgins and Chase will have to go (Higgins). 

I know what we saw in January. But living here I watch them every week. Baltimore is better this year. Thankfully we don’t have to play them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Lou A is elite though. 

Are we all thinking the same thing with Elam? As soon as he's gone he will be productive and a very good CB on the right team. 

Personally,  I think it's more of a Bills scheme problem and now he's lost his confidence. A change of scenery might be exactly what he needs. He's not a good Bill though. 

Agree Elam isn't good for us right now.  I'm not confident he'd be better, even in a more friendly scheme fit for him.  He looks horrible this year-regressed, played decent/not good LY.

Not saying it's out of the question that he'd become productive elsewhere, he just has the look of BUST.  K Toney comes to mind.  Super talented, some team's fans would be pumped for Elam too, but he's inconsistent and being coached by one of the best secondary groups in NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

I imagine the rumor about an Isabella call up is likely do to the idea that we will be in much more 11 personnel tomorrow.

That being said, I’m pretty confident Harty Sherfield and Shakir will dominate the snaps at WR3.

I don’t see any need for his activation, other than pure speculation. 

Lou A is elite though. 

Causing his players to lose confidence seems to be a McDermott specialty. Cook, Elam, Allen, maybe Dorian Williams... Rather than work with what they're good at, he wants them to fit his conception of a good player, and that damages their development. 

Or is that unfair?

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

Lou A is elite though. 

Yes, I think Elam is a good player that just wasn't brought into the right system or coaching.  I could be wrong and maybe he is just dumb or lazy but he is a damn good athlete.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ALLinALLEN said:

The line moved to -9. Think it opened at -7.5. It was -8.5 in the last hour. Not sure what vibes the bettors are getting but we could use it here for sure. 

This means nothing to me anymore after the gigantic spreads the last two games the Bills had. 3 if you count London... think that was sizeable as well.

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

If Josh Norman suits up for the Bills, Sean McDermott will lose all faith I've EVER had in him!! 

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

This means nothing to me anymore after the gigantic spreads the last two games the Bills had. 3 if you count London... think that was sizeable as well.

Well right except that means people are placing real physical dollars on the bills. However you wanna process that is up to you, but it means they like us - a lot. I’d agree lines mean nothing to me the way we’ve looked recently, but it’s interesting nonetheless. 

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Agree Elam isn't good for us right now.  I'm not confident he'd be better, even in a more friendly scheme fit for him.  He looks horrible this year-regressed, played decent/not good LY.

Not saying it's out of the question that he'd become productive elsewhere, he just has the look of BUST.  K Toney comes to mind.  Super talented, some team's fans would be pumped for Elam too, but he's inconsistent and being coached by one of the best secondary groups in NFL.

Best secondary group for zone defenses. 

If Elam is unable to grasp the concepts then he won't be very good. I think that's what we are seeing. 

If Norman is up: I have been making jokes about how dumb it is to bring him in the whole time but if he can somehow still run, the guy knows how to play the position. So long as he still has the physical ability to not get humiliated by speed…the guy actually was really good. I’m sure it’s unlikely that he can still move but he definitely should at least know what he’s looking at enough to give himself a shot. It’s funny, but he might not be bad if he has to play.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.