Trade deadline needs what are your priorities

Xwnyer

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I firmly believe that the Bills make a couple of moves at the deadline. My guess is that they try to bring in some defensive help (CB, LB and/or DT). I think that a playmaker is also on the table. I will be really, really surprised if they run with this roster for the rest of the year.

Agree. Think we will make some moves and it will be on Defense. 

I firmly believe that the Bills make a couple of moves at the deadline. My guess is that they try to bring in some defensive help (CB, LB and/or DT). I think that a playmaker is also on the table. I will be really, really surprised if they run with this roster for the rest of the year.

Most teams do nothing. Most rumors come to naught.  Be prepared to throw your hands up and shout  PUNT!!!!! 

I agree.  Their actions surrounding Kaiir Elam almost seem to guarantee that we'll do something... and I don't think that's simply trading away Elam for a pick and rolling with Josh Norman as our outside CB depth. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

I agree.  Their actions surrounding Kaiir Elam almost seem to guarantee that we'll do something... and I don't think that's simply trading away Elam for a pick and rolling with Josh Norman as our outside CB depth. 

The coaching staff's actions are often puzzling and don't directly indicate anything besides them not "trusting" player ________ for God knows whatever stupid reason 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

The pressure is surely on McBeane like never before IMO. Unable to make any moves seen by the team as helpful, and you risk losing the team more than you've already done since 13 secs.

I'm usually very hopeful.....but at this point I'll be surprised if they make a trade.....and shocked if it's impactful 

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

It is. I just checked and D. Williams got 0 snaps on defense on Thursday night. 

I have to disagree.  Based on options to play the position, sure.. but OLB is a far less important position to a modern NFL defense than DT or CB.

• Agree 1

I'm going with some reverse psychology here.

I don't see them bringing in a LB. We haven't used Williams to any extent yet and after Thursday,  I can see a bit more Dime being used and Klein being used more against the run when needed.

I don't  see a WR as we barely use the ones we have. After Thursday,  I see more 11 being played and Dalton picking up a majority of the targets. Add Shakir, Harty (cough) and potentially Isabella as a speedy wr, I can see them staying put.

I don't see a trade for a CB as we just signed Norman and Elam still hasn't been used properly yet.

I don't see a DT1 being brought in as we have Ford, Ankou and can still use Phillips.

There, with all that being said, we will make a trade for all 4 positions. 🤣

• Awesome! (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Leonard Williams from the NYG. Bank it.

Also could be a package deal where we send Elam for L. Williams and one of their CB's.

Elam and a 2024 3rd and 5th for the two of them.

LW has 18 mill base salary. Bills don’t have 9 in room. Besides he’s not getting traded

My priorities are to just go all in. The Chiefs look especially vulnerable this year. The Bengals got off to a slow start. The Ravens look good but still not positive Lamar can carry a team in the playoffs. The Jags actually look like a real threat but they still need to prove themselves. The Dolphins are good but will Tua hold up? Does the team hold up outside of Miami in January? The AFC is wide open. Take advantage and push it all in. The window is open as long as Josh Allen is the quarterback but just be willing to take some risks and improve the personnel

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

line (either OT, or DT); and WR 2.  The numbers for Herbert, JA, and Mahomes all drop when the talent at WR drops.  You need both,  Can't rely just on JA and Diggs to bail-out the offense.  

DT frees up the LBs to make plays and not have to take on OL.  

50 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

Giants and Commanders losing yesterday was huge... both teams have guys on defense we could use

I'd take a WR from the Commanders also.  

50 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Yep - it's happening. NYG and us in talks...

any idea for who? 

Jaylon Johnson moves the needle for me, if we're truly in on him and not just kicking the tires. 

1) He would be a massive get for this year

2) Would signal another piece to the youth movement on defense, with our secondary built around Jaylon Johnson & Christian Benford.  Backload his new contract for when Von and co. come off the books and let's go 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.