Trade deadline needs what are your priorities

Xwnyer

With the looming trade deadline and if you are Beane where do you focus?   DT1 , CB or WR.  My big concern about focusing on a WR is that the OC has weapons and apparently can not create schemes and mismatches with formations and motion.  maybe the WR solution is more Shakir, Harty, Kincaid and Cook with Harty replacing Gabe as your deep threat.  

I am thinking DT1 is the biggest need since we seem to have lost pressure up the middle on passing downs.  The question is who is available and what price.  What assets do we have that someone else might want beside draft picks?

Edited by Xwnyer

WR2. 

let me caveat that by saying can be a slot or outside. Someone that can step up when Diggs is taken out of the football game. 

this team has had enough of the Disappearing act of Davis. 

also let me say Young as well. That way can focus on can this new young WR eventually supplant the Aging Stef in a couple years 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

With the looming trade deadline and if you are Beane where do you focus?   DT1 , CB or WR.  My big concern about focusing on a WR is that the OC has weapons and apparently can not create schemes and mismatches with formations and motion.  maybe the WR solution is more Shakir, Harty, Kincaid and Cook with Harty replacing Gabe as your deep threat.  

I am thinking DT1 is the biggest need since we seem to have lost pressure up the middle on passing downs.  The question is who is available and what price.  What assets do we have that someone else might want beside draft picks?

I focus on getting rid of our old folks' home players, and accumulating draft picks for the new regime to use next season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

WR2. 

let me caveat that by saying can be a slot or outside. Someone that can step up when Diggs is taken out of the football game. 

this team has had enough of the Disappearing act of Davis. 

100%

That being said, unless it is someone we can resign or hold onto for a few years and will pay dividends, I'm not sure I'm trading picks to try to go all-in this season, this team is not that team imo...

Just now, Reed83HOF said:

100%

That being said, unless it is someone we can resign or hold onto for a few years and will pay dividends, I'm not sure I'm trading picks to try to go all-in this season, this team is not that team imo...

Yeah just added that as well. Looking toward helping now and a possible long term fix at WR2 or even future replacement for the aging Stef in a couple years 

• Agree 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

So your focus is to punt this season and next when you put them in Cap Jail? 

Yeah. Punt the season. Don't be the Saints, scratching and clawing hoping the 34 and 35 year olds can hold up in January.

Hard reset time. If we are going to win a Superbowl, Hyde/Poyer/White/Miller are not going to be high level players when we do so. Time to turf 'em

Just now, NewEra said:

Not a surprise.  4-3 and giving up.  Says a lot

Wanna bet on if we get past the divisional round?

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

I also would do whatever is needed for Patrick Surtain II. 

Just now, FireChans said:

Yeah. Punt the season. Don't be the Saints, scratching and clawing hoping the 34 and 35 year olds can hold up in January.

Hard reset time. If we are going to win a Superbowl, Hyde/Poyer/White/Miller are not going to be high level players when we do so. Time to turf 'em

Again cupcake you are pointing two seasons. Clearly you don’t see contracts correctly 

• Agree 1

On offense I'm still in the camp that we need OT help. Both Dawkins and Brown need far too much help and when left alone routinely get beat.

On defense, we need a run stopping plug the middle DT. Need to keep those young LBers clean to make plays. 

Also, we need SPEED somewhere. I remember a couple years ago now Beane talking about Tyreek Hill's speed and said "If you know where I can find that let me know". Funny how Miami has found that speed again....and again....and again...and again...while we limp a 1 legged Von Miller and Hyde and Poyer out on defense that can be timed with a sun dial. 

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Like (+1) 1

• Xwnyer changed the title to Trade deadline needs what are your priorities

I also would do whatever is needed for Patrick Surtain II. 

Again cupcake you are pointing two seasons. Clearly you don’t see contracts correctly 

Remember when you said we were good at WR2 like a week ago lmao.

Okay, two seasons.  This season is half over, and it's going to end poorly no matter what we do. So it's really just next season. Toss the dead weight and reset.

Banking on 35 year old Von Miller next year and Tre White post second catastrophic injury and old ass Micah and Poyer is foolish.  It's over. Half the defense needs to be turned over. Might as well do it now when they have value and we can potentially get some late round picks.

Same thing for Elam. Toss him overboard as well and get his money off the books.

Every dollar we get rid of this year counts less for next year.

• Disagree 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Remember when you said we were good at WR2 like a week ago lmao.

Okay, two seasons.  This season is half over, and it's going to end poorly no matter what we do. So it's really just next season. Toss the dead weight and reset.

Banking on 35 year old Von Miller next year and Tre White post second catastrophic injury and old ass Micah and Poyer is foolish.  It's over. Half the defense needs to be turned over. Might as well do it now when they have value and we can potentially get some late round picks.

Same thing for Elam. Toss him overboard as well and get his money off the books.

Every dollar we get rid of this year counts less for next year.

I also remember what I said weeks ago.  "Let me get into Middle October and I will say if I am on that board or not"  Stop with the weak gaslight.

Now again Millers Cap hit and Tres ooo not to mention the others.  You want to punt on a 4-3 win team for TWO YEARS, because you have ZERO concept of how contacts work.

But it will be good to be in cap jail for the next couple years for a couple late round picks.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

An awful lot of needs, and awful lot of high paid older guys. I think Priorities will be dictated by who's available. Many of you have great thoughts, but again who can we get?

So Jeudy can be Got.  Clearly Surtain is available.  There are more that will be as well.  but to be honest things like this thread are fun and really only that because the reality is you have to look at the History of the Bills.  They are not giving up nice assets in season just isnt going to happen.  Beane has shown it and said it many times.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I also remember what I said weeks ago.  "Let me get into Middle October and I will say if I am on that board or not"  Stop with the weak gaslight.

Now again Millers Cap hit and Tres ooo not to mention the others.  You want to punt on a 4-3 win team for TWO YEARS, because you have ZERO concept of how contacts work.

But it will be good to be in cap jail for the next couple years for a couple late round picks.

Tre White's contract out was in 2024 anyway lmao. Mr. "Don't see the contract correctly."  You suck at this.

If we cut Tre next season and traded Von, we would save $8M on the season.  Check out spotrac.com for me one time.

What I would do but know the Bills won't do..

-Look into player swaps for Gabe Davis and Dawson Knox to bolster positions of need.

What I would do that I hope the Bills will look into..

-Look at trading for a DT and WR.

What I expect the Bills may do..

-A Nyheim Hines type addition on the Defense.  Nothing earth shattering but helps with the depth/rotation.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Tre White's contract out was in 2024 anyway lmao. Mr. "Don't see the contract correctly."  You suck at this.

If we cut Tre next season and traded Von, we would save $8M on the season.  Check out spotrac.com for me one time.

Again Tre is a UFA in 2026 So yep you are right you do suck at this. 

YOU ARE SAYING TRADE THEM. 

What is it? A trade Deadline thread or a Fire Chan typical hijack and B word thread?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

No, but I don’t want to quit in week 7.  Hopefully we can add a DT and or a WR.  Hopefully we can get Milano and daquan back for the playoffs.  Lots can happen.  I’m not going to pretend that we can’t get improve.  

I’ll leave the quitting to you and the others with quitters mentality 

• Thank you (+1) 1

So Jeudy can be Got.  Clearly Surtain is available.  There are more that will be as well.  but to be honest things like this thread are fun and really only that because the reality is you have to look at the History of the Bills.  They are not giving up nice assets in season just isnt going to happen.  Beane has shown it and said it many times.

To your last point, I sometimes wonder if much like teams can overboard with the "win now" mentality. Beane and McDermott have gone overboard with the "sustainability" mentality. The Carolina mentality of always good, never good enough or great. I don't really believe they've ever been all in, because much like Carolina, they've never valued the second WR position high enough for my tastes.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What is it? A trade Deadline thread or a Fire Chan typical hijack and B word thread?

He’s just that guy that tries to make himself feel better by trolling others.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

You said we can't make moves because of "cap hell in 2024 and beyond."

Which ain't true.

You suck at this too. You sucked with your "WR2 is fine for now" take which was laughable.

I will let you be wrong again in peace. Enjoy.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What I would do but know the Bills won't do..

-Look into player swaps for Gabe Davis and Dawson Knox to bolster positions of need.

What I would do that I hope the Bills will look into..

-Look at trading for a DT and WR.

What I expect the Bills may do..

-A Nyheim Hines type addition on the Defense.  Nothing earth shattering but helps with the depth/rotation.  

I like your 2 for 1 scenario. Knox/Davis for a Cooper Kupp/Terry McLaurin type receiver

Just now, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

To your last point, I sometimes wonder if much like teams can overboard with the "win now" mentality. Beane and McDermott have gone overboard with the "sustainability" mentality. The Carolina mentality of always good, never good enough or great. I don't really believe they've ever been all in, because much like Carolina, they've never valued the second WR position high enough for my tastes.

To be honest I think McD is a Coach that will get you to the playoffs and that is it.  I think he values traits and positions that are very much irrelevant  with how the game is now being played.  But I also know he is not going anywhere, so I am Hoping Beane just says ***** it.  He wont though.  What will happen this deadline is like what happened the Diggs year.  Bills will be rumored to be in on bigger names players, but the deadline will come and go because to get talent you will have to give up premium picks NOW in season, and Beane doesnt like to do that, because lets say they go get a Jeudy or someone that will cost their first, Allen goes down for the season and the wheels come off.  Now you have a top 10 pick.  That is just too much Risk for Beane.  

I’m calling Tennessee about Hopkins. Can’t cost that much and I don’t think Tennessee is going anywhere. 

Also calling the Panthers about any defensive player they have available. Really need a solid linebacker not sure about what is going on with Dorian Williams but Dodson shouldn’t see a ton of snaps. 

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You said we can't make moves because of "cap hell in 2024 and beyond."

Which ain't true.

You suck at this too. You sucked with your "WR2 is fine for now" take which was laughable.

I will let you be wrong again in peace. Enjoy.

Cupcake more Lies, Now you are on ignore.  I know exactly hat and who you are.

Just now, wvbillsfan said:

I’m calling Tennessee about Hopkins. Can’t cost that much and I don’t think Tennessee is going anywhere. 

Also calling the Panthers about any defensive player they have available. Really need a solid linebacker not sure about what is going on with Dorian Williams but Dodson shouldn’t see a ton of snaps. 

This would work too.  I like Hopkins contract (doesnt fit my age criteria but is cost controlled next two years) 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.