Trade deadline needs what are your priorities

Xwnyer

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah just added that as well. Looking toward helping now and a possible long term fix at WR2 or even future replacement for the aging Stef in a couple years 

I'd also look for a Tre White replacement, Surtain is who I'd target, but it's gonna be pricey...

8 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Kincaid seemed to finally be used in that role. 

I like his help for the for the attack...but if you told me as an offensive weapon ONLY. Id rather have what Beasley at his best and Mckenzie did for us as on offense.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

WR2. 

let me caveat that by saying can be a slot or outside. Someone that can step up when Diggs is taken out of the football game. 

this team has had enough of the Disappearing act of Davis. 

also let me say Young as well. That way can focus on can this new young WR eventually supplant the Aging Stef in a couple years 

agree we need another WR option, and one that could supplant Diggs.  Jurdy somes to mind, but I hear he's nuts or something?  

The one problem I have with adding offense over a LB or DT, is will Dorsey have any clue how to use him.  Finally figured out Kincaid in the 2nd half yesterday.  

So here are a list of players in the positions mentioned that are essentially on the Block.

WR

Marquise Brown - Final year of Contract

Jerry Jeudy - on Contrat next year on 5th year Option of 12.9M

Courtland Sutton - 2 years left after this, 17.3 and 17.8 cap hits 

Darnell Mooney - Final year of Contract

Adam Thielen (heard on block and also not) - still on contract 2 years through 35 yrs old 9.9M and 8.4M respective cap hits

Hunter Renfrow - 1 more year at 13.7 cap after this

DT

Leonard Williams - Final Year

Christian Wilkins - Final Year

Not too many CBs confirmed on block (alot of Safeties like Justin Simmons, Harrison Smith, Kyle Dugger, Jeremy Chinn)

A good about of pass rushers as well

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'd also look for a Tre White replacement, Surtain is who I'd target, but it's gonna be pricey...

well, Bean is generally bad-mediocre with 1st-2nd round picks, so I'd be okay trading for a guy with a 1st who is a 1st round value.  1st next year, and a 3rd the following that can become a second.  Throw in Knox  (Den coach gen likes TEs).  

Just now, RyanC883 said:

agree we need another WR option, and one that could supplant Diggs.  Jurdy somes to mind, but I hear he's nuts or something?  

The one problem I have with adding offense over a LB or DT, is will Dorsey have any clue how to use him.  Finally figured out Kincaid in the 2nd half yesterday.  

I am very cautious of listening to others about a player, remember Diggs was a cancer too.  I wonder though could Jerry Jeudy really become a WR1 that is my question with him in his development.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I would be all in on here.  If he does get moved, looking more like a possibility than 4 days ago, and we are not in on this I will be PISSED

• Agree 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I am very cautious of listening to others about a player, remember Diggs was a cancer too.  I wonder though could Jerry Jeudy really become a WR1 that is my question with him in his development.

Great point about the "cancer player" analysis.  I think he could be a WR 1, but agree that's tough to tell.  at least he becomes a solid #2.  He's done well without a Steph next to him.  He's my top WR target.  

Just now, RyanC883 said:

Great point about the "cancer player" analysis.  I think he could be a WR 1, but agree that's tough to tell.  at least he becomes a solid #2.  He's done well without a Steph next to him.  He's my top WR target.  

Yeah a long term Solid WR2 makes this offense better.  And then who knows maybe after the Vikings tank out again this year Justin Jefferson is traded to the Bills in the offseason as well.  Comes full circle getting the player that the Stef pick used to get. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Here I will make some proposals

Bills and Bears

Bills Get Jaylon Johnson, CB, last year of Rookie Deal, probably about a 9M AAV player CB with the new contract

Bears get Kaiir Elam, and a 2nd

Bills and Giants

Bills get Leonard Williams, last year of deal

Giants get a 2024 4th round pick

Bills and Broncos

Bills get Jerry Jeudy 

Broncos get a 2024 3rd and a 2025 4th

Bills and Bears (again)

Bills get Darnell Mooney

Bears get 2024 4th

Bills and Mia (division premium)

Bills get Christian Wilkins

MIA gets 2024 1st, 2024 4th and 2025 3rd

Bills and Carolina

Bills get Jeremy Chinn

Car gets 2024 4th

20 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

This isn't the NHL or NBA. Big trades rarely occur in season, and teams never make the kind of multiple moves at the deadline that are being suggested here. Also, player-for-player trades almost never happen at the deadline. 

We just did one last year. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

A DT or CB if we do one.  But I don’t think we can trade a bunch of picks, because it is looking like we’ll need them to retool after this year.  This season looks like the step backward to take two steps forward.  We’ll need good draft picks at WR, O line, and DB/S to replace older guys.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We just did one last year. 

Yep and the others 

Roquan Smith included AJ Kline in the deal

Bradley Chubb included Chase Edmonds in the deal

Hines for Moss (not looking good right now BTW)

out of 10 trades 3 included a player for player (granted some picks too)

This team needs to take its hits this year and not sacrifice youth for trades. Buffalo needs all the draft picks they have because this roster has aged out rapidly. Maybe they sneak in as a wild card this year but it is very clear that there are some major issues with players/coaches. Hopefully they nail the draft and get some key players back to health next year. They could go on a run if they get a 80% Von back sext September. 

• Agree 1

Multiple calls today on WGR from fans saying we have a lot of talent at WR. 

Sal C just took a call from a guy that said Allen needs to push the ball to Gabe Davis more, he's open. 

Another caller that says "we have two stud Tight Ends" - do we? Knox is a stud? He's Dallas Goedert? Early in his career he caught a long one against the Patriots, and ran over people against the Bengals, had a long one against the Chiefs. But do other fans agree with this? 

I don't know. My feeling is if Davis, Sherfield, Harty, Shakir, Knox were high level starters, then they would just make plays easier. 

Harty has less than 1,000 career receiving yards, Sherfield has less than 1,000 career receiving yards even with 2023 added in. And we're talking about how much talent we have? 

Harty has 2021 where he was a nice sub-weapon in New Orleans. 

We can keep squeezing the stone for more blood, but I think Chris Simms is right, there was a reason some fans wanted a WR in the 1st Round the past two years. 

Bills haven't drafted a WR higher than 4th Round since 2017. Even if you factor in a 1st for Diggs, the last premium asset the Bills used was a 2nd on Zay Jones 6 years ago. 

Some Bills players that can be used in Package deals as well. (Final Year of Deals)

Micah Hyde - Unlikely

Leonard Floyd - Unlikely (I think I would rather him re-signed actually)

Tim Settle - Sure value if likely a 6th

Jordan Phillips - Likely a 2025 conditional value

Poona Ford - See Phillips

Dane Jackson - Here is good value that can be used for improvement likely holds 3rd round value

AJ Epenesa - Probably sitting around 3rd round value

Gabe Davis - looking at likely a 3rd and 6th in terms of value 

then there is a bunch of guys in the conditional areas like Phillips and Ford.

I would like an interior DL like Chase Young or a DB. 

I’m not sure if another WR will change things. Part of my reasoning is Dorsey as the OC. This offense has gotten worse under him. Fans understandably wanted to part ways with McKenzie and upgrade and that hasn’t happened. I don’t know if it’s the routes they run or they just can’t get open but something is not right. 

KC doesn’t have elite receivers outside of their TE and yet their wideouts can still make plays downfield for Mahomes. Is that because of route design's? 

Gabe has his issues but he used to be a lot better than what we are seeing now. Outside of Diggs there aren’t many targets to the wideouts. So, we have to wonder if the issues on offense are because of Dorsey or Dorsey being held back by McD.  

For the record I’ll be surprised if Beane makes any impactful trade because I believe he is part of the problem. 

Edited by Iverwig

Given the huge injuries to the defensive side of the ball, I agree that getting a DT to replace Jones is paramount. Missing both him and Oliver yesterday was huge. I would also like to see a decent CB brought in. Elam's days here appear to be numbered (ironically, maybe he could be part of a trade package) and Dane Jackson has not been good either this year.

Honestly, if we bring in someone on the offensive side of the ball, I would be more inclined to make a move for an OT than a receiver. The whole line struggled yesterday. Even when Brown has "decent" days it is usually because he has had to get help from a TE chipping -- which limits the ability of the TEs to make big plays in the passing game. That said, Dalton did have a coming out party yesterday, so hopefully that continues. All of this is to say that I would not break the bank (and future draft compensation) to bring in a WR that likely won't get heavily targeted anyway -- but if there is a dude out there with reliable hands that can consistently convert on 1st downs I would be all for it.

2 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

I would like an interior DL like Chase Young or a DB. 

I’m not sure if another WR will change things. Part of my reasoning is Dorsey as the OC. This offense has gotten worse under him. Fans understandably wanted to part ways with McKenzie and upgrade and that hasn’t happened. I don’t know if it’s the routes they run or they just can’t get open but something is not right. 

KC doesn’t have elite receivers outside of their TE and yet their wideouts can still make plays downfield for Mahomes. Is that because of route design's? 

Gabe has his issues but he used to be a lot better than what we are seeing now. Outside of Diggs there aren’t many targets to the wideouts. So, we have to wonder if the issues on offense are because of Dorsey or Dorsey being held back by McD.  

For the record I’ll be surprised if Beane makes any impactful trade because I believe he is part of the problem. 

Highlighted the reason why.

12 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

well, Bean is generally bad-mediocre with 1st-2nd round picks, so I'd be okay trading for a guy with a 1st who is a 1st round value.  1st next year, and a 3rd the following that can become a second.  Throw in Knox  (Den coach gen likes TEs).  

Beane has repeatedly said he likes to keep his trades too the current draft,  so I'd apply that philosophy here.  As a GM he did have the responsibility to weigh out the odds of us making a run out not in what he gives up and for who. 

I'd also caution all of us, look at Hines last year and barely playing.  Even if we made a move,  how does it move the needle this year? I know it's a 1 player sample size,  but getting that player up to speed and going,  didn't seem like this coaching staff is capable of...

16 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Multiple calls today on WGR from fans saying we have a lot of talent at WR. 

Sal C just took a call from a guy that said Allen needs to push the ball to Gabe Davis more, he's open. 

Another caller that says "we have two stud Tight Ends" - do we? Knox is a stud? He's Dallas Goedert? Early in his career he caught a long one against the Patriots, and ran over people against the Bengals, had a long one against the Chiefs. But do other fans agree with this? 

I don't know. My feeling is if Davis, Sherfield, Harty, Shakir, Knox were high level starters, then they would just make plays easier. 

Harty has less than 1,000 career receiving yards, Sherfield has less than 1,000 career receiving yards even with 2023 added in. And we're talking about how much talent we have? 

Harty has 2021 where he was a nice sub-weapon in New Orleans. 

We can keep squeezing the stone for more blood, but I think Chris Simms is right, there was a reason some fans wanted a WR in the 1st Round the past two years. 

Bills haven't drafted a WR higher than 4th Round since 2017. Even if you factor in a 1st for Diggs, the last premium asset the Bills used was a 2nd on Zay Jones 6 years ago. 

My take is that if you want more star offensive weapons than you can't have a QB taking up such a large % of your cap.  Even the Chiefs had to let Tyreek go.  The elite highly paid QB needs to elevate those around them.  You might be able to get a situation like that short term- the Bengals- but when you start having to pay everyone it doesn't work

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

WR2. 

let me caveat that by saying can be a slot or outside. Someone that can step up when Diggs is taken out of the football game. 

this team has had enough of the Disappearing act of Davis. 

also let me say Young as well. That way can focus on can this new young WR eventually supplant the Aging Stef in a couple years 

They don't need to trade for a younger guy. They can get one in the draft. We can trade for a productive older WR for now

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

They don't need to trade for a younger guy. They can get one in the draft. We can trade for a productive older WR for now

They have been "able to get that in the draft" forever now.  And the ONLY one that is a consistent playmaker was the younger guy they traded for. 

• Like (+1) 1

another option: get a young, cheap rookie at the trade deadline.  How?  

trade Knox, Miller, and whatever overpriced players we have that may have value somewhere (Knox to Denver, Den likes TE), Miller to a team that is building a beast at D, perhaps Dallas or Philly in an attempt to keep up with SF? 

Then use all the extra picks and our 2nd or whatever to move up for Harrison, Jr.  

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

another option: get a young, cheap rookie at the trade deadline.  How?  

trade Knox, Miller, and whatever overpriced players we have that may have value somewhere (Knox to Denver, Den likes TE), Miller to a team that is building a beast at D, perhaps Dallas or Philly in an attempt to keep up with SF? 

Then use all the extra picks and our 2nd or whatever to move up for Harrison, Jr.  

No one is trading for Miller or Knox with their contracts

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Beane has repeatedly said he likes to keep his trades too the current draft,  so I'd apply that philosophy here.  As a GM he did have the responsibility to weigh out the odds of us making a run out not in what he gives up and for who. 

I'd also caution all of us, look at Hines last year and barely playing.  Even if we made a move,  how does it move the needle this year? I know it's a 1 player sample size,  but getting that player up to speed and going,  didn't seem like this coaching staff is capable of...

This is why I think an offensive trade would have to be for a guy like Hopkins.

Anything less than a WR that demands targets and A) Allen might not look his way and B) Dorsey may have no clue how to integrate them.  

A guy like Marshall, maybe even Jeudy... and I don't know that we can integrate them or if Allen will even trust to throw to them.   IMO, it has to be someone that commands targets. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.