Week 7 Bills @ Patriots - on to Foxborough!

Draconator

6 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

He hurt his shoulder in the pocket then launched into a LB with it during the scrum. I think he's going to be ok. 

Again, Josh running is an integral part of who he is and a huge threat DCs need to account for. He can scrambke when there is the opportunity and not get touched. He can run the power sweep and have minimal contact with all the fat boys in front. 

Josh can scramble and slide or go out of bounds 25 times in the game.  That's fine with me. Just don't absorb unnecessary contact.   Also, get rid of the ball in the pocket before getting hammered (when possible).

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RunTheBall said:

Dorsey needs to unleash Josh. We need a couple designed runs especially in the red zone. He's always better after a good run. Don't give me the "he's gonna get hurt" crap that's BS - he's getting hurt in the pocket. It's year friggin 6, the guy can slide or get OOB. Give him the encouragement to take off when there's green in front of him. I firmly believe a big part of our offensive problems is teams aren't worried about him running anymore. If we can see the hesitation then D coordinators absolutely do. 

Not with his shoulder hurting. Let Cook run it 20-25 times. Hopefully the shoulder injury doesn't affect his throwing and the Bills OL allows no sacks. Don't want to see Allen running at all this week. 

• Vomit 1

48 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

It's not broken, they need to do what they did in the second half when they dominated time of possession, ran the ball effectively from under center, maximized play action passing and scored TD's on 66% of their possessions.

They just didn't employ any of the tactics that won them the three previous games during the Jags game or the Giants first half. 

They tried running the 2020 offense exclusively, and forget they don't have four legitimate receivers. 

They didn't this, they didn't that and you say it's not broken?  They were shut out for 3 quarters Sunday against a garbage defense.

4 minutes ago, Nuncha said:

They didn't this, they didn't that and you say it's not broken?  They were shut out for 3 quarters Sunday against a garbage defense.

Games like that happen sometimes. Look at the Chiefs. They only scored 19 points against a defense that gave up 70 to the Fins.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

The offense so broken it's 3rd in the league for points per game?

inconsistent?  Oh hell yes

They scored 20 against Jags (ranked 20th yards allowed) and 14 against Giants (ranked 27th yards allowed).  Impressive.  The first half of both games - 7 points.  

8 minutes ago, arcane said:

Allen runs are going to hit defenses a lot different when they start cropping up in big games and in January, after not being on tape all year. 

Exactly my thinking.  Josh running will be far more effective when done sparingly, and in the right situation.  For this week, however, I want him just not getting hit!

I don’t have the time nor desire to look up each poster’s history, but in general, it seems half the board was consistently screaming for Josh to stop running and we needed a balanced offense.   Now… Dorsey is trying to do just that and half the board is screaming…set Josh free and let him run!    I just wonder is it the same posters flip flopping? Or did the one half quiet down and now the other half is vocal?  

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Watching a 15 yard Cook run doesn't have the same effect on the rest of the offense or defense as a Josh Allen 15 yard run does. 

You want excitement?  Bring back CJ Spill'em for a two yard gain on thirty seven yards of juking and jiving.  Plus the always thrilling question "Can he hold onto the ball?"

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Bills have a mini bye coming up after Pats and next Thursdays Bucs game plenty of time to think of something more creative then a shotgun draw and pitch for the run game maybe I don’t know try a reverse or jet sweep 

Gimmick plays can be fun but will never fix or be a staple of an offense. The Bills ran a huge variety of run plays against the giants, and were successful as soon as the players all executed their assignments on them.

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

I would like to humiliate them

I'll tell you what, I know I am getting ahead of myself here on the schedule, but after three straight tough games wherein we lost two of them I truly want to beat the living p***, I mean the absolutely living p*** out of the Jets.  Tired of them.  Enough.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Pats run against us during the drought was insanely lopsided.  A run of dominance that is rare in sports.

Pretty quietly, the Bills are moving to do the reverse of that, with the Pats only win in the last 7 games coming as a result of hurricane force winds.   It's hard to imagine them beating us this year, and from the looks of it, they'll be starting from scratch (at least at QB) next year.  

Still a ways to go to match the record they had against us w/ Brady, but in the Allen era, I could see us having a similar lopsided record when all is said & done.

I truly believe that the London trip totally disjointed the offense for the Jags game and most of the Giants game.

The offense was clicking, and then, BAM, the London trip.

But the excuses have run out.

Time for the O to get back on track and provide more answers than questions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

25 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I'll tell you what, I know I am getting ahead of myself here on the schedule, but after three straight tough games wherein we lost two of them I truly want to beat the living p***, I mean the absolutely living p*** out of the Jets.  Tired of them.  Enough.

Which two of the last three games did we lose?

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Saleh’s nonstop smirk gives me road rage. I’m normally better than that. 😬

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

I misunderstood that you were talking about the Jets.

I wasn't. The other poster mentioned them. The Bills have lost 2 out of the last 3 to them. Next up the Pats. Need to get to 5-2 this weekend. If the Eagles win Sunday night, then the Bills are back in first.

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I don't.  Doctors who discuss sports injuries on the internet, speculated it's an AC joint sprain by the way he fell and the reaction.   Interesting I noticed Allen's immediate reaction was the same as Richardson's.  Obviously Josh's injury should not be as severe since he still played.

Strange.  I've had an AC injury and the way he fell did not look like an AC injury at all.  Typically with an AC injury you impact the top of the shoulder.  The classic way to to it is if the arm is pinned (like when a tackler wraps a player up around the arm) while the top of the shoulder is impacted pushing it down and straining those ligaments.  When they said he hurt his shoulder I was thinking AC, but when I watched the tape he falls on the back of his shoulder, basically on the shoulder blade.  That would seem more like a bruise than an AC sprain.

42 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Maybe we should start a new tradition for Patriots week.

Limericks?

There once was a team from Nantucket

Who all said Josh will just chuck it

So they went with Mac Jones

Who just can't read zones

Now their fans all shout "f*** it!" 

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 5

36 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Strange.  I've had an AC injury and the way he fell did not look like an AC injury at all.  Typically with an AC injury you impact the top of the shoulder.  The classic way to to it is if the arm is pinned (like when a tackler wraps a player up around the arm) while the top of the shoulder is impacted pushing it down and straining those ligaments.  When they said he hurt his shoulder I was thinking AC, but when I watched the tape he falls on the back of his shoulder, basically on the shoulder blade.  That would seem more like a bruise than an AC sprain.

he DOES fall on the top of his shoulder. It is the Dexter Lawrence hit that he falls onto his shoulder and grabs. Shoulder is tucked and he lands right on the top/outside of it. Are you thinking of a different hit?

I'm not speculating on the injury, just that it definitely looks like he falls on the top of his shoulder. 

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

I truly believe that the London trip totally disjointed the offense for the Jags game and most of the Giants game.

The offense was clicking, and then, BAM, the London trip.

But the excuses have run out.

Time for the O to get back on track and provide more answers than questions. 

I agree, if the offense gets back on track this week I think we can point to the travel causing issues.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

There once was a team that just cheated
But now their fans mostly stay seated
They're back in football hell
And everything's well
The new Bills field will be heated

Edited by birdo67
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

started a thread for this, can't let it get buried

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, K-9 said:

Two teams intimately familiar with each other and I expect another tough slog with an intra-divisional opponent. 

BB will take Diggs out of the game. He won't let him beat him.

3 hours ago, arcane said:

Allen runs are going to hit defenses a lot different when they start cropping up in big games and in January, after not being on tape all year. 

Did Josh hurt his shoulder on a run play? 

4 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

BB will take Diggs out of the game. He won't let him beat him.

Diggs’s success against the Pats since becoming a Bill suggests otherwise as he averages 95 yards and a TD against BB. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I mean... I prefer 1pm games too but thats just because I hate waiting all day in anticipation haha.

&  night game where we lose having to wake up early after a loss both grumpy and tired is really annoying.

• Like (+1) 2

98.5 The Sports Hub (WBZ-FM) is the Patriots station. You should be listening to them, especially Felger & Mazz in the afternoon. The Patriots are a bigger mess than what the Giants were supposed to be, especially their offensive line. If we don't destroy them Sunday, then we need to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with McDermott.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

98.5 The Sports Hub (WBZ-FM) is the Patriots station. You should be listening to them, especially Felger & Mazz in the afternoon. The Patriots are a bigger mess than what the Giants were supposed to be, especially their offensive line. If we don't destroy them Sunday, then we need to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with McDermott.

No team can guarantee "destruction" against any NFL team. the 9ers can't against the Browns. The Chiefs can't against the Broncos or Jets. That's just not how it works

The bills destroy teams at historic rates under McDermott, whether or not that happens in week 7 against the Patriots isn't defining of anything

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.