Salah is beginning to irritate me

Beck Water

After frustrating Patrick Mahomes and Russell Wilson in consecutive weeks, Jets coach Robert Saleh couldn't help but credit his defense for discombobulating its latest opponent.

"Through these first six weeks, we've played a gauntlet of quarterbacks. I know we haven't gotten all wins, but we've embarrassed all of them," Saleh said. "Just really, really proud of the defense and its resolve."

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-earn-first-ever-win-eagles-jalen-hurts-latest-qb-embarrassed

Could just be me, but when your team is 2-3, I'm not sure it's time to be talking about "embarrassing all of" the opposing QB

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Josh will remember that comment.  When the Jest come here on 11/19, Josh gonna embarrass the Jest.

All of those QB are going to remember that.  Don't think for a minute that Mahomes, Prescott, and Hurts aren't keeping their receipts.

And the bottom line is.....Coach Saleh, with 3 of those QB including Mac Jones, your team LOST. 

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-earn-first-ever-win-eagles-jalen-hurts-latest-qb-embarrassed

Could just be me, but when your team is 2-3, I'm not sure it's time to be talking about "embarrassing all of" the opposing QB

You do have to give him some credit that team was dead in the water, he seemingly got them to care again.

Honestly if Josh hadn't accidentally gotten Roger's peyote water bottle we would have beat them like the next three teams we beat.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

he is right though. That is the reality. 

if they had ANY production out of QB they would be the top of the AFCE IMO right now. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Agree 4

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Josh will remember that comment.  When the Jest come here on 11/19, Josh gonna embarrass the Jest.

No, he won't. The Jets built their team specifically with the Bills in mind. They match up very well with Buffalo. Take a look at the past 3 games. The rematch will be more of the same. A hard-fought close game that will go down to the wire.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

No, he won't. The Jets built their team specifically with the Bills in mind. They match up very well with Buffalo. Take a look at the past 3 games. The rematch will be more of the same. A hard-fought close game that will go down to the wire.

I fully agree. People saying Josh will remember this obviously already forgot about last nights game. Giants Defense is horrible and Josh and this O could do barely enough to win. We'll be lucky to beat the Pats playing like the way they have these last 2 games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MarkyMannn said:

He just beat the undefeated Eagles.  With Wilson. He can say whatever he wants. 

I was at the game. Wilson didn't do much. The Jets defense played its ass off. 4 turnovers. Hurts was the reason the Eagles lost. Same with Allen in week 1.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I was at the game. Wilson didn't do much. The Jets defense played its ass off. 4 turnovers. Hurts was the reason the Eagles lost. Same with Allen in week 1.

That throw by Hurts on 3rd down was the dumbest thing I have seen in a long time. He eats the sack there they win.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

That throw by Hurts on 3rd down was the dumbest thing I have seen in a long time. He eats the sack there they win.

It was. The Jets had no timeouts, and it was the 2-minute warning. Run the ball and kill 40 seconds off the clock and then punt. Wilson would have had a little over a minute to drive down the field with no timeouts. I would have like the Eagles chances in that spot.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

I still can't believe the Jets had NEVER EVER beat the Eagles before now.

With the way divisions and scheduling used to be in the 80s/90s it’s not a surprise. Kelly really only played the teams in our division: Colts/Fish/Pats/Jets. Let’s say he never made those SBs he would have only ever played the Cowboys once in 11 seasons. With the way they schedule games now you can guarantee a QB will play a team at least 3 times in that space of time today. 

Fun fact, in half that time Josh has played every team in the NFL. 

Edited by BBFL

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He has irritated me for years.... our record at Anfield is awful and he always scores. 

Oh you mean the Jets Head Coach? Robert Saleh? Yea he says some weird ***** in Press Conferences.

:D

Mo Salah, Mo Salah, running down the wing!

Mo Salah, Mo Salah, the Egyptian King!

vs. Jets:

Josh Allen: 62.7 passer rating

Patrick Mahomes: 63.6

Jalen Hurts: 59.5

Saleh has a point ...

EDIT: of course Dak Prescott was something like 110, Russell Wilson 100, and Mac Jones 85, so maybe they rise to the level of the competition? Maybe it's just dumb luck. We'll see.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

With the way divisions and scheduling used to be in the 80s/90s it’s not a surprise. Kelly really only played the teams in our division: Colts/Fish/Pats/Jets. Let’s say he never made those SBs he would have only ever played the Cowboys once in 11 seasons. With the way they schedule games now you can guarantee a QB will play a team at least 3 times in that space of time today. 

Fun fact, in half that time Josh has played every team in the NFL. 

Yeah.  First game was in 1973 when Jets went into perpetual suck-a-tude!

I bet the people in my survivor pool were wishing they saw this! I already picked Iggles this year, so I couldn't take them in pool.

If I knew this existed, I would have shied away from taking Filthadelphia if was able to pick them! Law of averages, which humor me, really makes no sense here but only to me!😉 

But still!!  FWIW:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_query.cgi?tm1=nyj&tm2=phi&yr=all

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

They have a bye next weekend but after that it's an "away" game at the Giants, followed by the Chargers and at the Raiders before facing the Bills again. They could easily be a 6-3 team when they come to OP.

And after last nights offensive debacle vs a piss poor D, I’m not all that confident vs the Jets with their defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, PetermansRedemption said:

They beat Philly, Buffalo, and could have beaten the Chiefs if the refs weren’t there to muck it up. That’s some pretty tough competition. With Rodgers this team is probably 5-0. I do find it impressive what Saleh has done and do not look forward to facing them again this season. 

That NE loss has to be killing them. I think the Jets-Pats games are getting close to the Bills-Dolphins of the 70's when the Fish won 20 straight. The Pats have beaten the Jets 14 or 15 times in a row. They have a pretty good streak going against them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.