Don't forget Dawson Knox

Whkfc

He has had 1 decent season. I've never seen a player drop so many balls that hit him in the hands in my life. I wanted to love the guy I really did but he's awful the sooner Kincaid if fully up to speed in this offense the better. And I think we are gonna waste the genius that is Josh Allen and Stef Diggs

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I don’t mind Knox.  I hate what we paid him.  He’s underutilized in our offense and when we try to utilize him you start to see why we don’t throw to TEs.  3-5 million a year and I love Knox.  But dude is making 12.5 a year for this production and reliability.  Thats insanity

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Whkfc said:

He has had 1 decent season. I've never seen a player drop so many balls that hit him in the hands in my life. I wanted to love the guy I really did but he's awful the sooner Kincaid if fully up to speed in this offense the better. And I think we are gonna waste the genius that is Josh Allen and Stef Diggs

You’re going nowhere with Davis and Knox as your #2 and #3 pass options.  Knox is grossly overpaid.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Through the drought years I hated watching beloved bills players walk in free agency but we gotta start letting people go see their market value.  No one was going to pay Dawson Knox 12.5 million a year.  NO ONE.  It worked for Poyer he sadly found out the hard way that the market wasn’t there.  Knox would have found out the same thing and likely come back to the team on a more friendly deal (which I would have loved).   But he’s a million a year away from making Mark Andrews money.  Thats wild.

• Like (+1) 1

I’d like to forget about him in big spots. He’s always open because the defense figures he won’t catch it anyway. Not a great throw but come on man…catch the ***** ball. The play Morris makes in the end zone was the biggest catch of the night and was tough in a tight window. Put Morris out there and give him the Knox opportunities 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Dude is laughing all the way to the bank

$52M contract and we can’t rely on him to catch the ball. 

It is simply inexcusable.

Collinsworrh was going on and on about Allen throwing it short (and it was a little short), but Knox HAS to catch this.

IMG-3841.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

It was a poor throw by Allen

It really wasn't though. We are spoiled by Allen's ability to throw on the run. It is inherently not a mechanically sound way to throw the ball, but he can do it so we call some plays to take advantage of that ability. But going back to that well over and over again is naturally going to invite variance in the accuracy of the throws... so you better have dependable targets on the other end of those that can find a way to bring the catch in. Knox of course is the opposite of dependable. So it's a poor target priority on that throw in that situation.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

The Gabe Davis hate on here is absurd. The dude is a #2 WR with more TD’s than most teams’ #1 WR. Yeh he’s not Diggs - few WR are. 

He disappeared after fumbling and still feels like a project. I like him and love his big plays but he just does not feel like the necessary consistent outlet for our A+ QB right now

• Eyeroll 1

23 minutes ago, Einstein said:

$52M contract and we can’t rely on him to catch the ball. 

It is simply inexcusable.

Collinsworrh was going on and on about Allen throwing it short (and it was a little short), but Knox HAS to catch this.

IMG-3841.jpg

Looking at that he had it. Think it jarred out when his elbow hit the turf.

It's a difficult one as I like Knox, but he cannot be relied upon in clutch situations. It's not for the want of trying - he simply does not have the hands.

26 minutes ago, Process said:

The contract was a head scratcher from the start. 

I know him and Josh are buddies, but they can face time and hang out in the offseason. 

Really bad move by Beane.

Perhaps he can go to the giants 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.