The Official Fire Ken Dorsey Thread

VaMilBill

1 minute ago, GoBills! said:

Anyone remember when Daboll was on the sidelines after things weren't going well in the booth? Maybe Dorsey needs to get down to the field where Josh is and speak to him man to man....Mahomes player caller is right next to him why isn't Josh's?

It’s not just for Josh’s issues either, there are a LOT of mental miscues on the offense. 

Peppers said in his postgame that he immediately recognized the play the Bills were running from his film prep, and basically knew he was going to get an INT.

If you watch the Kurt Warner break down of the Jets game on Youtube he breaks down an identical play. Way to be predictable Dorsey! I’m pretty sure we have like 5 plays.

Dude is just not a coach that is ready and I said it after we lost last year to the Bengals in the playoffs - I love Beane but he talks out of both side of his mouth - when we sighn Vonn we are all in a Super Bowl window- Then with Dorsey- we need to give him time to develop

Garbage - Dorsey is literally ruining JA- really weird how Mahomes was running today and no is saying he's reckless 

• Agree 2

Take McDermott with him.  I am grateful for what he and Beane has done for this team.  But it's time to end, McDermott is not the guy to get us over the hump.  He got us there, but we need better now.  It is what it is.  The ones here that are happy must be new fans, not the ones of us that suffered through the 18 year playoff drought like you would think.  We want a SB before we Die

• Agree 1

Is there a recent example of a team like the Bills firing a coordinator mid-season? And by that I mean with a winning record and expectations of a deep playoff run?

And an example where that mid-season coordinator change led to a championship?

Not being sarcastic here, I'd like to know if that's happened recently and is a precedent.

Just now, Nephilim17 said:

Is there a recent example of a team like the Bills firing a coordinator mid-season? And by that I mean with a winning record and expectations of a deep playoff run?

Not being sarcastic here, I'd like to know if that's happened recently and is a precedent.

Most recent one I can think is when we dumped Greg Roman

3 hours ago, GoBills! said:

Anyone remember when Daboll was on the sidelines after things weren't going well in the booth? Maybe Dorsey needs to get down to the field where Josh is and speak to him man to man....Mahomes player caller is right next to him why isn't Josh's?

You have it backwards. Daboll started on the sidelines for Josh’s rookie year but then went to the booth. 

1 minute ago, Nephilim17 said:

Sometimes chaos is better than whatever the garbage status quo is.  

Just now, Nephilim17 said:

Thanks for that but that was pre-Allen and I don't think with Tyrod that anyone expected a deep playoff run in 2016.

I think we had some expectations (delusions?) when Rex brought his creepy brother in that we would be more rounded and run his system better. 

2 hours ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Did the Bills even interview anyone other than Dorsey that year?  I would think that at that time it would be sought after job. He’s a good QB coach. Is not an offensive coordinator. 

Yes they did but the only name I can remember off the top of my head is Tee Martin.

12 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Usually the coordinator isn't fired, but it happens all the time where the offensive minded had coach will step in mid season and take over. That's why the Bills are so screwed here having a Defensive head coach. There's no where to go.  Dorsey needed replaced before the season. Now we're just screwed

1 minute ago, pigpen65 said:

Usually the coordinator isn't fired, but it happens all the time where the offensive minded had coach will step in mid season and take over. That's why the Bills are so screwed here having a Defensive head coach. There's no where to go.  Dorsey needed replaced before the season. Now we're just screwed

Agree. But I think at this point we might as well get another mind calling the shots in Joe Brady. I think it may be a couple weeks too early at this point. But if we struggle these next two weeks in offense like we have been practically all season, you gotta make a move. Although at that point McD won’t take that risk anyway knowing his own seat would be very hot

• Like (+1) 2

McD's defensive mind set has permeated the offense.  They have no aggressiveness.  Play close to the vest.  No challenging a beaten up defense two weeks in a row.  Dorsey has the HC to answer to and it seems they are risk averse.  Two years ago the offense kept DC sweating.  Today they played into NE hands.  Brutal to lose the season to a really bad team.  I doubt they will bounce back from this.

3 hours ago, DapperCam said:

Peppers said in his postgame that he immediately recognized the play the Bills were running from his film prep, and basically knew he was going to get an INT.

If you watch the Kurt Warner break down of the Jets game on Youtube he breaks down an identical play. Way to be predictable Dorsey! I’m pretty sure we have like 5 plays.

There is no creativity in Dorsey’s offense. He rarely uses misdirection. No gadget plays. The threat of Josh running is gone. They just line up and run their vanilla offense and think they are better and will win. Well, that ain’t workin.

13 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

Remember when Greg Roman was OC and had a bad couple games so then came down from the booth (or went up I forget) to call plays and they started tearing it up again? Try that Dors.

I thought they fired Greg and hired Anthony Lynn and the offense got markedly better

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Other teams are more than prepared for Dorsey’s scripted plays.  It’s very sad

Instead of shotgun delayed draws to Cook, how about screens 

That shotgun draw play may be worse than mike Tolbert run up the gut. It’s close. 

Now I know why there us such bitterness between coach and Dabol. My money is on that coach pushed Bills to hire Dorsey when he was brought here years ago probably over the protest by Dabol. Does anyone here realize that Dorsey was Quarterbacks Coach of Panthers in 2018 and was FIRED along with OC Shula.

I bet he had a good part in destroying Cam Newton and look at what Josh Allen has become. Not only is Allen the #1 turnover machine but much of it isnt his fault. The O line has sucked for years along with the two small running backs who they finally got away from. Yesterdays pass protection? IMO Dorsey needs to be fired ASAP however coach nor Beane seem to have enough brains to hire someone who can outcoach other coaches. Dorsey is so over his head and should have never been hired as he has history in the contribution of destroying Cam Newton. Now he is destroying Allen both physically and mentally. Pegula needs to look at his financial investment being destroyed by inept coaching and that maens to me that Dorsey needs to be fired ASAP, even in mid season. It will be telling to Pegula if Bills cant hire a top Offensive Coordinator as that would mean that NO OC's in the league have any respect for coach and they dont want to work for him. 

10 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I thought they fired Greg and hired Anthony Lynn and the offense got markedly better

That shotgun draw play may be worse than mike Tolbert run up the gut. It’s close. 

Yeah but there was a stint mid-season where this happened for sure. It was like magic the O took off for a bit.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Negan said:

Surprised he hasn't been fired yet 

Mike Catalana on Buffalo Plus said he doesn't think anything will happen this week but said if we come out and have the same issues offensively on Thursday night, he expects Dorsey fired soon after

• Like (+1) 2

Obviously don’t want Josh to go the Cam route and be so beaten to death in the next few years he’s no longer effective but with only one viable WR, ownership who refuse to sign a legit running back and an Oline that offers the same protection level as mall security, he has to maintain some kind of threat to take off. The defense………there’s just no hope for the defense. I’d rather go onside kick the rest of the season and take what we get 

39 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Dorsey screwing up this plan

Bills have left too many points on the field because of how stupid Dorsey has been with play calling at times.  While he’s finally doing the obvious elsewhere, he still is blowing points with bad decisions.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Dorsey screwing up this plan

Yea, I really enjoyed how we scored zero points the final 25 minutes of the game and punted 4 straight drives. 

I also loved how we couldn’t get a first down the end the game, and imploded on 3rd and goal from the 6 inch line.

Another point of interest, 2/3 TD plays were improvised by Allen, and not the called play.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1