The Official Fire Ken Dorsey Thread

VaMilBill

3 hours ago, arcane said:

They are regressing by improving in both efficiency and scoring over last year and 2021, because you just know it and say so. Compelling 

They lost to the Jets, Jacksonville and should have lost to the Giants. Yeah, this offense is a juggernaut! 3 blowouts out of 6 games is artificially inflating the stats!

Edited by Fleezoid
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, FireChans said:

If ranking matters that much, why is the phone not ringing off the hook for Kenny to become an HC?

I mean, Daboll oversaw 1 top ranked year and was getting HC buzz. After his second year, he was the talk of the town.

Why does no one want Kenny?  Is it because folks around the league see him doing less with more when he has a top 3 QB and aren't impressed with whatever the dumb stats say?

It's literally Dorsey's second year as offensive coordinator. 

Brian Daboll was the offensive coordinator for four years here before he got a head coaching gig.

The one thing that irks me most about vanilla Dorsey is that he doesnt really challenge the talent on this offense with innovative play designs. I have not seen much in the way of trickery or schemes that are complex. Does he not trust these guys to pull off complicated plays? Daboll had confidence in Josh to run that kind of offense but Dorsey seems a little scared. What has resulted is a predictable offense that defensive coaches can neutralize (if they plan properly).

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/15/2023 at 11:42 PM, VaMilBill said:

Guy can’t call a decent offense. We saw it all game that running the ball from under center was working. Why abandon that so quickly. 

Heck, Daboll seemed to run the same play 5 times in a row in the second drive of the second half. If it works, keep using it. 

Josh in the gun on then 1 inch line is inexcusable. 

Ken can’t adjust and has been a bad OC since the second half of the GB game last year. He needs to go ASAP

Three possessions in the 2nd half.  TD, TD, missed FG after Josh threw a bad ball to Knox.

You were saying?

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think we need to start having fun on offense.

Something like a misdirection, jet sweep with Harty, or Knox which Daboll did once for positive yards....it just looks like we are being so by the book that we don't have the defense guessing.  On playaction I was watching the linebackers and they weren't biting.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

The one thing that irks me most about vanilla Dorsey is that he doesnt really challenge the talent on this offense with innovative play designs. I have not seen much in the way of trickery or schemes that are complex. Does he not trust these guys to pull off complicated plays? Daboll had confidence in Josh to run that kind of offense but Dorsey seems a little scared. What has resulted is a predictable offense that defensive coaches can neutralize (if they plan properly).

And that is his biggest and most obvious flaw. Dorsey will likely never develop into someone like Daboll, who can at least scheme.  Ken takes the same tired shotgun draw and cram it down our throats. Daboll would at least see the value of giving James Cook a running start.  Both guys still suck at developing a top 10 OL.  This team's not going deep into the playoffs with a scrub 7th round qb converted to OC.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Haha (+1) 1

As much as I am annoyed by the play selection this season, worse is individual break downs that stymie drives.  Starts with Allen and spreads through the rest of the offense.  Each man has to do better and the team will improve.  Dorsey seems to be a feast or famine OC.  He needs guidance in this area.  I wish we had a retired coach like the late Teddy Marchibroda to mentor him.

4 hours ago, Peter said:

You want to push your anti Dorsey narrative so badly that you are willing to blindly ignore that the TD percentage at the goal line out of the shotgun is more than otherwise.

I get it. You don't like Dorsey and you will not let facts get in the way.

God bless.

No.  Its a dumb play because its a dumb play.  Nobody uses it because its a dumb play.  It's completely dumb to move the ball back 6-7 yards and give the ends an angle on you when you only need inches.  Its dumb and it will always be dumb.  Most of those conversions that you cite are probably some kind of trick play and those were dumb too.

7 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Should I post pictures of accurately thrown passes now?  

You can if you like, but that won't take away from the fact that receivers are still expected to catch off target passes.  Thats what they are paid for.  

Edited by Scott7975
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You can if you like, but that won't take away from the fact that receivers are still expected to catch off target passes.  Thats what they are paid for.  

Are QBs paid to throw accurate passes or go to Hollywood parties?  

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1

27 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

No.  Its a dumb play because its a dumb play.  Nobody uses it because its a dumb play.  It's completely dumb to move the ball back 6-7 yards and give the ends an angle on you when you only need inches.  Its dumb and it will always be dumb.  Most of those conversions that you cite are probably some kind of trick play and those were dumb too.

I also find it hard to believe that throwing the ball backwards that far works out positively THAT much. If someone manages to make Josh fumble, then so be it. I think trusting him to pound ahead for a yard or two at the goal line with work much higher than 70% of the time. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I did not realize that it increasing your scoring chances is a "dumb play." That is a ground breaking take.

The stats clearly show that operating out of the shotgun at the goal line is a legitimate option and one that is used. As far as I am concerned, I have no problem whether the Bills do one or the other at the goal line. Both are legitimate options. To pretend that one is a "dumb play" reveals your bias against Dorsey.

Nevertheless, I suspect that you are not going to let reality interfere with your anti Dorsey narrative.  

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, Peter said:

I did not realize that it increasing your scoring chances is a "dumb play." That is a ground breaking take.

The stats clearly show that operating out of the shotgun at the goal line is a legitimate option and one that is used. As far as I am concerned, I have no problem whether the Bills do one or the other at the goal line. Both are legitimate options. To pretend that one is a "dumb play" reveals your bias against Dorsey.

Nevertheless, I suspect that you are not going to let reality interfere with your anti Dorsey narrative.  

Tell you what... when you find pistol formation run plays from the half yard line this year feel free to link them to me and prove me wrong.  I suspect you won't find many if any.

29 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Are QBs paid to throw accurate passes or go to Hollywood parties?  

Of course they are and when they don't the receiver is expected to catch them.  That wasn't an unreasonable expectation to catch that ball no matter how much you want to bang the table for it. Those off target passes are caught all the time.

14 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Tell you what... when you find pistol formation run plays from the half yard line this year feel free to link them to me and prove me wrong.  I suspect you won't find many if any.

Of course they are and when they don't the receiver is expected to catch them.  That wasn't an unreasonable expectation to catch that ball no matter how much you want to bang the table for it. Those off target passes are caught all the time.

I linked the article and summarized the stats.

I get it. You don't like Dorsey.  Nothing is going to convince you otherwise.

In the meantime, my opinion will continue to be guided by reality.

God bless.

P.S. I am done arguing with you today. This exercise has reminded me why I stopped being as active on this site a few years ago. Life is way too short. You can respond any way you want and have the last word. Frankly, I just don't care.

38 minutes ago, Peter said:

I linked the article and summarized the stats.

I get it. You don't like Dorsey.  Nothing is going to convince you otherwise.

In the meantime, my opinion will continue to be guided by reality.

God bless.

P.S. I am done arguing with you today. This exercise has reminded me why I stopped being as active on this site a few years ago. Life is way too short. You can respond any way you want and have the last word. Frankly, I just don't care.

I dont care about some summarized stats from an article that I can't read. For all I know, those stats might be 20 years old.  They also might not be from the half yard line.  They also might not be conventional plays.  Shotgun formation still is not the same as pistol formation. They also indicate that teams very very rarely run shotgun from there. 17% is miniscule. 

So again, if you want to show me some actual plays then maybe but you can't so....

Your opinion is just that.  Your opinion. 

God bless.

Adios.  Seems you can't handle a conversation where other people simply don't just agree with you because you say so.  It's not like I got personal with you or anything.

Edited by Scott7975

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

It is not in any way realistic to expect every QB to make an accurate throw on every play nor is it reasonable to expect every receiver/TE/RB to catch every pass, especially errant ones.  It’s just not the real world.

What I find curious is that this particular throw is something that should be accurate 90+% of the time and the catch is maybe a 50/50 yet you are harshly judging Knox while given Allen a pass.  Is Allen a better player at his position than Knox overall?  If you say yes I completely agree, but on THAT Allen deserves the brunt of the blame.  Feeling the need  to pin it all on Knox is weird.  It’s cultish.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1