10/15/23 Week #6 SNF GAMEDAY Bills vs Giants Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

No, Tyrod Taylor is not this weeks celebrated Bills alum leading the ‘Where Else Would You Rather Be?’ cheer. He’s starting against us at QB for the GEEE-men! Jones is out hurt, as is most of his team. So, no passes to the middle of the field and lots of QB runs. Right? Brian Daboll and Joe Shoen return as HC & GM for the Giants. Under DC Wink Martindale, the Giants Defense lead the League in blitzing, but are only 27 in sacks. To date, they can’t run block, pass block, rush the QB nor Pass. They’re not very good running the ball either.. Frankly, they’ve stunk up every game they’ve played so far this season. Granted, they’re nursing many injuries, but who isn’t? Otherwise, all is well🤷‍♂️.

Seriously, mid October and nothing about them resembles the team they were last season 😳

While we’re certainly not immune to an occasional stinker (see last week!), all indicators point to a strong rebound performance for the ‘other’ Red, White & Blue. A Home game, sold out insane crowd on Sunday night before a global tv audience in Orchard Park is absolute Must See TV! Our guys usually rise to these occasions. 

As for being commissioner Roger Goodell’s designated Guinea pigs for the trial exercise of one team spending 2 weeks overseas to play 2 games against one that just traveled over for 1 game, it was an unmitigated disaster, a complete fiasco. Forget -for a moment- the devastating injuries we endured in London. The ONLY Bill able to shake off the jet lag, dramatic schedule change and play on a field they’ve never performed on, was our resident Alien, Josh Allen. He almost single handedly brought us back against all odds to turn a terrible team performance into a remarkable comeback. I’m not sure how these hard lessons learned will be amended going forward, but the overseas games will only grow in number (see bottom line profits).

Spector and Ingram elevated to active roster.

https://x.com/buffalobills/status/1713283632641495200?s=61&t=s-bkdDXJMtQhYqbJSiNmsQ

Joe Marino breaks down the game

https://www.facebook.com/100063721566297/posts/pfbid0mQQraGPrKowrZhHDBF9awHttM2aCdUno4AshxDrduKjr7a5f3UoWCf5QKeErfsrVl/

Veiwing note: DO NOT ADJUST YOUR SET. It’s ColorRush night. We’re all wearing our red pjs for the game

Enjoy the game tonight! GO BILLS!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Happy Game Day, Two Bills Drive. Enjoy the day and then settle in to watch the Bills play what should be a "get right game." Seeing many of our old friends on the Giants will be fun. And I hope they show well, but most importantly, I hope that our Bills show exceptionally well.

LET'S GO BUFFALO !!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic

I'm nursing a cold and have some work to finish this morning but I can't wait for tonight.

I am really excited to see how daboll tries to attack the bills defense.  The giants are not good enough to give us an idea of how teams will do this going forward but we might see a little of it.  

Tyrod taylor likes to take deep shots when he plays and the giants have a couple of guys that can really run so I am interested in if he can get the time to do that.

on offense buffalo should move the ball at will.  The only hang up could be the giants interior and lb okereke causing problems and getting the bills into third and long and then NY will bring everybody.  On paper that is a recipe for allen to have a 350+ yard game but pro sports are weird and you never know what is going to happen.

here is to an injury free game.

The main storylines, for me, are :

1.  How will the reconstituted defense look?

Ingram over Elam? 

2.   Can Ken Dorsey recuperate from the abysmal disaster in London?

Any room for Jimbo Cook to run?

Go Bills!!    

• Like (+1) 1

It's the NFL, which means any game can become a game. We saw the impact of travel on the Bills in London. Well, they very well could have some jet lag this week. It's not nearly as bad of a set up, but not exactly ideal. If anybody on this planet knows how to game plan against Josh and our offense it should be Dabs. He knows just about every strength and weakness of our roster. Then looking at the run game, Jones got knocked out in the middle of our defense and the Giants are expecting the the return of Barkley. So we should have some element of risk with the run game.

This will be a heated one for both sides with the competitive nature of these men. So many familiar faces. 

We are a stunning -15.5 favorite. It shouldn't be a game but it could turn into one. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

30 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Ingram over Elam? 

Go Bills!!    

A few weeks ago I heard Sal talking about Ingram…I figured it was a hidden hunt into how they feel about him. I guess if we are going to fix this thing in house and that’s the plan, throw him out and let’s see what’s what. Trial by fire.

24 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Ingram over Elam? 

Go Bills!!    

This game seems like a good opportunity to get back to basics on offense, especially running the ball and play action. Maybe Dorsey will finally give Kincaid some deeper routes, even 20 yards and beyond. I don't understand why he hasn't yet, when the potential payoff is so huge. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Y’all ready for some Chris Collinsworth ballwashing tonight?  Or some kind of condescending comment about Buffalo? 

Can’t stand Collinsworth. Such a tool who never shuts up 

30 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Collinsworth “Whether you're going to fail or succeed, you've got to be yourself”

Wait, what’s the score? Let me shift my sucking up!

I can’t wait 

Haha.  What’s the over/under on how many times he references Mahomes 

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Behindenemylines said:

Can’t stand Collinsworth. Such a tool who never shuts up 

Haha.  What’s the over/under on how many times he references Mahomes 

When Josh makes a play he says something like "what a Mahomes-like play," or "he's the only guy in the league who can do that, other than Patrick Mahomes."

When Mahomes makes the same play Collinsworth never mentions Josh.  Probably because his mouth is full.

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

We are a stunning -15.5 favorite. It shouldn't be a game but it could turn into one. 

Still a long way from the record 28-point spread the Broncos had over the Jags in 2013, but sizeable anyway. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.