Our next opponent….The NY Football Giants

Beast

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

I could only imagine the number of times we'd sack Daniel Jones, not sure does Tyrod get rid of it quicker or manage to escape more often probably?

Probably, but I think it is highly likely that Tyrod is not as quick and elusive as he once was.  I doubt he has fixed his one read, half the field tendencies either.   He will be running for his life much of the night I suspect. 

21 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

i think giants win outright

If you actually believe this you are truly delusional.  Drugs are bad.  

23 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I agree, but Allen is human and when you have to much adrenaline you’re going to make mistakes like throwing high or trying to do to much.. Again I am not saying this will happen or even be the case, just that being over pumped is a bad thing at times.

You're just hoping for a ***** in the armor that his primetime game performance wasn't an aberration but something that could be recurring. Problem is we've seen him play great in primetime plenty of times.

21 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

You're just hoping for a ***** in the armor that his primetime game performance wasn't an aberration but something that could be recurring. Problem is we've seen him play great in primetime plenty of times.

If he has a ***** in the armor, we might ***** defeat from the jaws of victory. Otherwise he is the #### of the walk.

Edited by FrenchConnection

2 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Can someone help me out please, why are the Giants so bad this year?  I was very suprised how well they did last year in Dabolls 1st year.  What changed?  I know they had struggles last year passing if I recall correctly 

Massive regression from Daniel Jones, one of the worst offensive lines I’ve ever seen, a nasty ankle injury to Barkley, and pretty meh talent at the skill positions. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Yeah, I mean...

There's a world of difference between saying "Any given Sunday. I like the Bills' odds in this one, they SHOULD win it, but I acknowledge that they could lose" and saying "I'm not confident in this one. Based on last week's display, Buffalo could struggle to move the ball. They'll be lucky to be a Wild Card this season".

There's acknowledging parity and upsets and "any given Sunday", and then there's overreacting to a loss and saying that the Bills are gonna struggle to beat a team like the Giants. The former is logical and reasonable and I have no problem with it. The latter is reactionary, hyperbolic "prisoner of the moment" stuff, and you see a ton of it around these parts after a loss.

No wonder they call you, Logic. 🤣

In all seriousness, very, very well said.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Can someone help me out please, why are the Giants so bad this year?  I was very suprised how well they did last year in Dabolls 1st year.  What changed?  I know they had struggles last year passing if I recall correctly 

They were a bad team last year and got a lot of good fortune that led to wins despite being poor in almost every stat (besides Ws). They have regressed to the mean. They also are suffering a lot of injuries on the OL which is making it very hard for them to put up any points.

11 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Their OT's choose to block their own players instead of the opponent hahahahahahahaha 

13 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

All the reasons mentioned above....as well as a super soft schedule last year.

20 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Let's see...

They have zero skill position players outside Barkley that scare you. Waller is a nice piece when healthy, but doesn't exactly scare you anymore like he did 3-4 years ago.

No WR talent. They have 3 dudes starting that should be practice squad players on a good team.

They vastly overpaid a QB that threw 15!! TD passes last year and gave him $40 million a year for 4 years.

Their offensive line is injured and abysmal, Jones is getting sacked at near record rates thru the first 5 games.

On defense they have a few good players on the DLine but then not much else. Their secondary seems to constantly blow coverages or be in the wrong position and have bad communication leading to big plays against.

So basically they have very little talent is what it boils down to and all the smoke and mirrors and lucky bounces that were going their way to win games last year while they were being badly outplayed are not going their way this year, which is usually the case.  It's very rare for a team to get that type of luck multiple years in a row...it tends to revert to the mean the following year and they simply don't have the talent to survive that.

I mean in 5 games in the first half, the Giants have scored 6 points of offense...6!!! Two field goals is their entire offensive production thru the first 5 first halves this year. They have scored more points on D with 7 and got their only TD on a 102 yard Pick-6 of Tua last week.

Edited by BillsUberAlles
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Olliemets said:

All the reasons mentioned above....as well as a super soft schedule last year.

yes this year the NY Football Giants drew the AFC East instead of the AFC South (Giants went 4-0 against in 2022).  And in the NFC they drew NFC West this year vs NFC North (2-2 vs last year).  They had some big early wins last year vs GB and BAL

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

It's a neck injury I thought, not a head injury

ah ok. I didn't stay in the loop on it and didn't really watch much of their last game. I thought he left with a concussion.  Even if neck though, if he isn't practicing today at all then it's unlikely he plays Sunday.

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He's in concussion protocol right?  If so and he isnt even practicing yet then there is no chance he is ready Sunday.

No that's Kincaid. Jones is a neck injury but from what they said more like a stinger...however he had a really bad one a few years ago that kept him out multiple games and likely are being careful with him. 

Don't think it's as bad as that one is but why out him in harms way when he is taking a beating and playing badly anyway?

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

I'd like to see Tyrod play, and play well.

And I'd like to see the Bills win 42-24.

How are the Giants getting to 24 points is the question? That's like a 3 game total for them.

7 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

No that's Kincaid. Jones is a neck injury but from what they said more like a stinger...however he had a really bad one a few years ago that kept him out multiple games and likely are being careful with him. 

Don't think it's as bad as that one is but why out him in harms way when he is taking a beating and playing badly anyway?

How are the Giants getting to 24 points is the question? That's like a 3 game total for them.

Just because I'd like Tyrod to clearly outplay Daniel Jones. Hey, maybe 14 of those are garbage time points!

Go Tyrod (always liked the guy) and Go (even more) Bills!

• Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Just because I'd like Tyrod to clearly outplay Daniel Jones. Hey, maybe 14 of those are garbage time points!

Go Tyrod (always liked the guy) and Go (even more) Bills!

I want that, but mostly because I enjoy chaos (on other teams of course) and a QB controversy in NY would be fun.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I agree, but Allen is human and when you have to much adrenaline you’re going to make mistakes like throwing high or trying to do to much.. Again I am not saying this will happen or even be the case, just that being over pumped is a bad thing at times.

At worst it will result in a 3 and out on the Bills first two drives.  Beyond that I suspect that Allen and the offense are going to roll.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, BillsUberAlles said:

Sure...the Bills now have become a 7-10 team.

WTF are people smoking. Get off that stuff bro.

The losses they suffered probably aren't even worth 1 loss. They've gone from a top 3 D to a top 10-12 D. So what?

Before the season started with Edwards gone people were fine with the Bills focusing on offense and allowing the D to be average, like 15-16th. They are far better than that, so what's the problem?

Diggs and Allen are the two major ones that would likely derail them.

Anything else is simply a matter of tweaking some things and managing.

Im speechless that you got all that from what i said. You must be fun at parties. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.