Our next opponent….The NY Football Giants

Beast

10 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

The bottom line is the Buffalo Bills offense has to be better and carry this football team with all the injuries on defense. I blame that Jacksonville Jaguars loss on Josh Allen. Josh Allen makes $53 million dollars a season this season he needs to carry this football team for that kind of money. Being very good doesn’t cut it when you are paid to be great. Josh Allen when he was on a first contract you can over look things like the New York Jets and Jacksonville Jaguars game. But because of the huge salary commitment to Josh Allen is why the Buffalo Bills don’t have a lot of salary cap options to replace injured defensive players. So Josh Allen needs to play a lot better than he has because the Bills don’t have the cap space to acquire replacements in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. 

Man. You joke about people like this but it’s something else running into them in real life. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I bet Daboll pulls out a slew of trick plays against us.  And I will miss the days we used to do that.  Not a commentary on Dorsey, just how I will feel when I see a half back pass, or a double reverse type thing.

With Tyrod Taylor?  lol  Danny Dimes?

At this point, a trick play for Daboll would involve his QB getting 3 seconds in the pocket before getting destroyed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

I bet Daboll pulls out a slew of trick plays against us.  And I will miss the days we used to do that.  Not a commentary on Dorsey, just how I will feel when I see a half back pass, or a double reverse type thing.

Not always, but typically teams that have to rely on trickery have to do so because of severe talent difference between them and an opponent. Catch a team off guard and get a cheap score here and there.

Honestly with all the new moving parts on the defense it would be a really good idea. Banking that one of our 2 young LBers over pursue a play or if they can get an extra step or 2 on our Safeties with their lack of make up speed....it could make a difference. Not enough to win....but at least it will be fun.

I don't think this game will be as easy as many here believe, you know that Daboll had this game circled as soon as the schedule came out. I think he wants to badly beat McDermott and so will his players, especially after being embarrassed pretty much all season, this is their Super Bowl.

A hangover from going to London and losing a game they almost surely win at home and losing the heart and soul of this defense in Milano and Jones for the year, I could see them come out flat this game, we've seen it before.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

I don't think this game will be as easy as many here believe, you know that Daboll had this game circled as soon as the schedule came out. I think he wants to badly beat McDermott and so will his players, especially after being embarrassed pretty much all season, this is their Super Bowl.

A hangover from going to London and losing a game they almost surely win at home and losing the heart and soul of this defense in Milano and Jones for the year, I could see them come out flat this game, we've seen it before.

If they would have won last week then maybe they would have a letdown looking ahead to the lowly but still hated Pats, but they lost in London. They will be motivated to get back in the win column. Even if the Giants manage to keep it close for a while, I still see the Bills winning by 2 or 3 scores.

• Like (+1) 1

I want to see Elam and Williams starting on Sunday Night. 

*Assuming Benford is not 100%

I don't believe Kaiir Elam is as bad as he looked in his first playing time this season, in London, against Calvin Ridley.  We need to know if we have a reliable, competent CB in him moving forward.  

I'll be pretty disappointed if we start Dodson.  KC plays their young guys and by the end of the season are better for it.  Dodson may be slightly better today, but Dorian Williams has the traits/skills, that if developed over the course of the season, could actually get us to a point where LB is still a strength by the time the playoffs come around.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

The bottom line is the Buffalo Bills offense has to be better and carry this football team with all the injuries on defense. I blame that Jacksonville Jaguars loss on Josh Allen. Josh Allen makes $53 million dollars a season this season he needs to carry this football team for that kind of money. Being very good doesn’t cut it when you are paid to be great. Josh Allen when he was on a first contract you can over look things like the New York Jets and Jacksonville Jaguars game. But because of the huge salary commitment to Josh Allen is why the Buffalo Bills don’t have a lot of salary cap options to replace injured defensive players. So Josh Allen needs to play a lot better than he has because the Bills don’t have the cap space to acquire replacements in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Did Josh Allen drop all of those passes?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I want to see Elam and Williams starting on Sunday Night. 

*Assuming Benford is not 100%

I don't believe Kaiir Elam is as bad as he looked in his first playing time this season, in London, against Calvin Ridley.  We need to know if we have a reliable, competent CB in him moving forward.  

I'll be pretty disappointed if we start Dodson.  KC plays their young guys and by the end of the season are better for it.  Dodson may be slightly better today, but Dorian Williams has the traits/skills, that if developed over the course of the season, could actually get us to a point where LB is still a strength by the time the playoffs come around.  

But they win through the growth. They are 4-1 and have yet to play well. We’re actually playing pretty well and are 3-2. We have to start stacking wins or this is a wasted season.

Dodson we know is a limited but experienced player in our scheme (better against the run than pass). With that said, he played decently considering the situation last week. Why do folks have to hate on our backups? They are what they are. And they are an important part of every NFL team in this game that includes a salary cap.

"Oh man I'll be so pissed if they put in this limited backup instead of this other limited backup"!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

But they win through the growth. They are 4-1 and have yet to play well. We’re actually playing pretty well and are 3-2. We have to start stacking wins or this is a wasted season.

Yes they do, courtesy of the Refs vs Jets and MInn. The bailout calls are very consistent. 

On 10/10/2023 at 10:12 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

We'll win. We'll kill em. Classic McD.

We'll crush the bad teams after no-showing against a decent team.

I don't feel like we no showed. This was expected to be a close game, and unfortunately, couple of very costly in game injuries, tipped the scales in favor of Jacksonville.  The Bills did seem flat, which in my opinion means that they did not handle the international travel correctly, but it wasn't a complete no show.  

It is now time to see how good of a Defensive coordinator McDermott is. Can he scheme ways to cover the holes in the Defense, created by the loss of White, Milano and Jones.  Stay tuned...

Just went to the Giants site. Some comments from Daboll.

Here's the latest on Jones and other news and notes from the head coach:

📰 The head coach said quarterback Daniel Jones will not practice today. "We're day-to-day with him."

📰 Daboll said they will likely take a decision on Daniel Jones to the end of the week. "He'll have a chance. We'll see where he's at."

📰 Veteran quarterback Tyrod Taylor will get the reps today. "He's a pro."

📰 Left tackle Andrew Thomas will not practice today.

📰 Daniel Jones is a "little bit more sore" today.

📰 Daboll said they'll try to get veteran offensive lineman Justin Pugh more involved this week in practice to ramp him up. Daboll thought he did a good job last week.

📰 Offensive tackle Matt Peart (shoulder) will not practice today. Neither will rookie center John Michael Schmitz (shoulder).

📰 Daboll said inside linebacker Micah McFadden (ankle) and wide receiver Wan'Dale Robinson (knee) won't practice today. Tight end Darren Waller has a groin injury and won't practice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

Dodson we know is a limited but experienced player in our scheme (better against the run than pass). With that said, he played decently considering the situation last week. Why do folks have to hate on our backups? They are what they are. And they are an important part of every NFL team in this game that includes a salary cap.

"Oh man I'll be so pissed if they put in this limited backup instead of this other limited backup"!

Dodson is a limited backup because he's a backup.

Dorian Williams is a limited backup because he's a rookie and needs to develop/gain experience. 

One provides baseline play for the year.  The other has the chance to grow and become better as the season goes on. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Dorian Williams is a limited backup because he's a rookie and needs to develop/gain experience. 

One provides baseline play for the year.  The other has the chance to grow and become better as the season goes on. 

Ok that covers your take certainly... Dodson was only my example though. This is a common complaint about any backup, especially when one is more prepared to help win the next game than the other who might be a better long term development option.

25 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Just went to the Giants site. Some comments from Daboll.

Here's the latest on Jones and other news and notes from the head coach:

📰 The head coach said quarterback Daniel Jones will not practice today. "We're day-to-day with him."

📰 Daboll said they will likely take a decision on Daniel Jones to the end of the week. "He'll have a chance. We'll see where he's at."

📰 Veteran quarterback Tyrod Taylor will get the reps today. "He's a pro."

📰 Left tackle Andrew Thomas will not practice today.

📰 Daniel Jones is a "little bit more sore" today.

📰 Daboll said they'll try to get veteran offensive lineman Justin Pugh more involved this week in practice to ramp him up. Daboll thought he did a good job last week.

📰 Offensive tackle Matt Peart (shoulder) will not practice today. Neither will rookie center John Michael Schmitz (shoulder).

📰 Daboll said inside linebacker Micah McFadden (ankle) and wide receiver Wan'Dale Robinson (knee) won't practice today. Tight end Darren Waller has a groin injury and won't practice.

Nothing on Barkley?

3 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

Ok that covers your take certainly... Dodson was only my example though. This is a common complaint about any backup, especially when one is more prepared to help win the next game than the other who might be a better long term development option.

Nothing on Barkley?

Per that article/press conference there was nothing on Barkley. Which is odd since he is their best player.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I like that in the next 2 weeks we play the Giants and Patriots. It's an outstanding chance for guys like Williams and Elam to build some confidence. It will give McDermott an opportunity to tweak the defense to the new players in the lineup. Gives Von and Poona a chance to get back in the flow of the game. 

Elam against Kirk/Ridley and Williams missing tackles on ETN in their first extended action of the season was a tough task.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

• Simon pinned this topic
31 minutes ago, BillsUberAlles said:

And of course...Dane Jackson now has a foot injury and won't participate in the walkthrough today...

The good news is all other active roster players are participating.

I guess it's lucky the Giants don't have anyone that needs to be covered.

Thankfully Floyd and Taron Johnson are not on the injury report and Greg is trending up 

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I like that in the next 2 weeks we play the Giants and Patriots. It's an outstanding chance for guys like Williams and Elam to build some confidence. It will give McDermott an opportunity to tweak the defense to the new players in the lineup. Gives Von and Poona a chance to get back in the flow of the game. 

Elam against Kirk/Ridley and Williams missing tackles on ETN in their first extended action of the season was a tough task.

Timing for the next two games is incredible.  It would be hard to pick 2 worse offense to go up against. neither QB is worth a damn and no one on  either team is a real threat offensively.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Westside said:

If Ford is a good football player, why couldn’t he beat out Settle? Who I think is terrible. At best he’s jag. If Ford was any good he would have been activated instead of Settle.

I'm probably grasping at straws, but Poona Ford and Daquon Jones had very similar numbers in 2022

Screenshot 2023-10-11 at 3.20.46 PM.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.