Our next opponent….The NY Football Giants

Beast

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Do you think that the Bills will lose out? Because this game and Broncos game at home on MNF are the two worst teams that we’ll play.

No. But with the way things are going it may not be pretty. I can see them trying too hard this game to make up for the last game and really mess things up. 

• Disagree 1

This is appropriate at this time. For anyone who remembers, it was the G-men who exemplified the idea of overcoming adversity in the 2007 season.  That was the promo leading up to the SB - "resiliency!"

Tiki Barber decided to retire. Their next best back, Ward, got injured. Their best offensive player, Shockey, got injured. Everyone wrote them off. And they proceeded to go on a legendary playoff run, culminating in one of the greatest upsets in sports history.

It's all about embracing adversity, and rallying around it.  Treat challenges as opportunities. This Bills team can take the 1st step toward doing that by beating a team who set the standard for it.

Edited by Success
  • Like (+1) 7

3 hours ago, Success said:

This is appropriate at this time. For anyone who remembers, it was the G-men who exemplified the idea of overcoming adversity in the 2007 season.  That was the promo leading up to the SB - "resiliency!"

Tiki Barber decided to retire. Their next best back, Ward, got injured. Their best offensive player, Shockey, got injured. Everyone wrote them off. And they proceeded to go on a legendary playoff run, culminating in one of the greatest upsets in sports history.

It's all about embracing adversity, and rallying around it.  Treat challenges as opportunities. This Bills team can take the 1st step toward doing that by beating a team who set the standard for it.

and their defensive line carried that team through the playoffs too

• Like (+1) 1

This is a big game for the Bills. They have to kind of get their mojo back after that weird London disaster. Groot and Shaq should be back on the edge and Benford in the secondary along with Poona Ford being active to fill in for Jones who was out early in the London game. That should be some solid defensive reinforcements. If the Bills can't dominate the depleted Giants then who will they dominate? In the end, I think the Bills take this by 2-3 scores but I am always nervous in these types of "should win" games. 

• Agree 2

2023-24 Season Record

Blue on White 2-1

White on White 1-0

Blue on Blue 0-1

Red on Red 0-0

Historic Uniform Record (since not Navy)

Since 2011- Blue on White 44-27

Since 2011- White on White 21-28-1

Since 2012- White on White (Throwback) 8-4

Since 2012- White on Blue 16-22

Since 2014- Blue on Blue 18-9

Since 2015- Red on Red 7-2

Josh Allen Uniform Record

Blue on White 18-8

White on White 14-7-1

White on White (Throwback) 3-2

White on Blue 10-8

Blue on Blue 12-6

Red on Red 5-1

Primetime Historic Uniform Record (No Saturday Nights)

Blue on White   0-2         TNF 0-0                SNF 0-0                MNF 0-2

White on White 1-1-1     TNF 0-0                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1-1

White on Blue   3-3         TNF 1-2                SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1

Blue on Blue     3-1         TNF 1-0                 SNF 1-0                MNF 1-1

Red on Red       2-0         TNF 1-0                SNF 1-0                MNF 0-0

Playoffs Uniform Record

Blue on White 3-0

White on White 0-1

White on Blue 0-3

Blue on Blue 1-1

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

i think giants win outright

I live in NJ, so I see the Giants a lot. They are a train wreck. Their OL is the worst in the league and the Bills lead the league with 21 sacks. If the Giants win this game (THEY WON'T) then heads should roll in OP. The Bills would have to give the game away for the Giants to have a chance at winning. They are that bad. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, CircleTheWagons99 said:

No. But with the way things are going it may not be pretty. I can see them trying too hard this game to make up for the last game and really mess things up. 

Sure...the Bills now have become a 7-10 team.

WTF are people smoking. Get off that stuff bro.

The losses they suffered probably aren't even worth 1 loss. They've gone from a top 3 D to a top 10-12 D. So what?

Before the season started with Edwards gone people were fine with the Bills focusing on offense and allowing the D to be average, like 15-16th. They are far better than that, so what's the problem?

Diggs and Allen are the two major ones that would likely derail them.

Anything else is simply a matter of tweaking some things and managing.

Edited by BillsUberAlles
  • Like (+1) 2

I imagine three coaches burning the midnight oil (more than usual) to prove a point:

• McDermott... to prove he's a Defensive mastermind, and wasn't wrong for letting Daboll go.
  • Dorsey... to prove he's just as good as Daboll, if not better. Grasshopper wants to defeat teacher.
  • Daboll... to prove last season wasn't a fluke and that he is HC material after all... and that the Bills made a mistake letting him go

I also imagine Josh is hyped up to show he's a good QB no matter who is OC.

The game is the NFL version of the football gods handing the Bills a gift after the London disaster.  If Buffalo cannot take advantage, then they should wrap up the season and call it a day.  The Giants will come out fighting hard, they've been embarrassed, but I expect the Bills to be able to execute what they want.

2 hours ago, k2mountain said:

I imagine three coaches burning the midnight oil (more than usual) to prove a point:

• McDermott... to prove he's a Defensive mastermind, and wasn't wrong for letting Daboll go.
  • Dorsey... to prove he's just as good as Daboll, if not better. Grasshopper wants to defeat teacher.
  • Daboll... to prove last season wasn't a fluke and that he is HC material after all... and that the Bills made a mistake letting him go

I don't think they are allowed to "make a mistake and let them go". If I'm not mistaken you can't block a coach from climbing the coaching ladder. 

The funny thing about some people freaking out and expecting a loss after a loss is that Bills record after a loss since 2020 is something like 10-2.

”Oh but it’s different circumstances this time; we just lost White, Milano and Daquan!”

yeah well it’s always something isn’t it. Remember week 1? 

If anything, we have been fortunate to face off against who we have coming off both losses this season. Hopefully this will be another get right and confidence building game like the Raiders.  If our backups can do their jobs in McDermott’s defense it will bode very well for us going forward.

Remember, NOBODY gave Bernard a shot either…… he might as well have been a backup LB starting for us going into the season in all of our eyes. Instead, he was an UPGRADE.

I am not an X’s and O’s guy, but when I watch our defense, it seems more about being able to play your role than individual talent a lot of the time. Which means the overall scheme is more important than any one player, and I have a lot of faith in McDermott’s defense. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Im already on to the patriots...but they really suck too, so I guess im already on to the Bucs

I will enjoy these next two easy, no sweat wins though...stack em when you can

The Bucs could give the Bills a decent game. Mayfield has looked pretty good for them so far. I expect the Bills to win but I could see it being somewhat of a close game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Gregg said:

The Bucs could give the Bills a decent game. Mayfield has looked pretty good for them so far. I expect the Bills to win but I could see it being somewhat of a close game.

agreed, thats why I said im thinking about them and not these next two easy dubs (we should still roll the Bucs though)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I don't think they are allowed to "make a mistake and let them go". If I'm not mistaken you can't block a coach from climbing the coaching ladder. 

I Googled.

Since HC is a step-up from OC, the Bills couldn't stop Dabs.

The only way the Bills can stop a coach leaving is a lateral change, for example: OC to OC.

3 hours ago, k2mountain said:

Daboll can do whatever he wants, he simply doesn't have enough NFL players on that roster. 

You can only do so much with smoke and mirrors like he did last year.

Edited by BillsUberAlles

3 hours ago, k2mountain said:

For the Bills sake I hope Allen isn’t to hyped up. That’s when mistakes are made.. overthrow a pass here and there and he COULD (not saying he will) play like he did against the Jets.

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

For the Bills sake I hope Allen isn’t to hyped up. That’s when mistakes are made.. overthrow a pass here and there and he COULD (not saying he will) play like he did against the Jets.

the Giants’ D doesn’t scare me nearly as much as the Jets’… HOWEVER, they still have a few players who could certainly capitalize on “sugar-high” Josh if we get that one again.

I have a feeling the offense is going to have another great game. We’ll see.

18 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

i think giants win outright

season is offically off the rails if that happens.

• Agree 1

Much of the discourse around the Bills this week has reminded me why I tend to stay off of forums and social media in the week following a Bills loss.

Overreaction city. 

The Bills are good at home. The Bills are good in primetime. The Bills are good against the spread. The Bills are way better than the Giants.

Bills win, Bills cover, Kyle Allen plays the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter. Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The multiple elite defensive players & defensive coaches on the Jets team had a lot to do with Allen playing like he did that Monday night. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

That's always the thing with the Bills, so you're not wrong.

I will only say that Allen hasn't been "too hyped up" since week one of this season. Even in the loss to the Jags, it wasn't "sugar rush Josh" that led to the Bills' downfall. Even when things got desperate, he continued to play under control and within the offense. He didn't get crazy or force anything.

Can it happen? Yes. Any given week. Do I think the Giants have the defensive talent to make it happen? No, not particularly.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I actually would RATHER face Daniel Jones than Tyrod Taylor.

The "Daboll and Tyrod return to Buffalo in a game no one expects them to have a chance in" angle is just too juicy to not be at least a little scary.

I could only imagine the number of times we'd sack Daniel Jones, not sure does Tyrod get rid of it quicker or manage to escape more often probably?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I could only imagine the number of times we'd sack Daniel Jones, not sure does Tyrod get rid of it quicker or manage to escape more often probably?

At this stage of his career. Tyrod way easier to sack than daniel jones. Jones has wheels and can scramble

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Much of the discourse around the Bills this week has reminded me why I tend to stay off of forums and social media in the week following a Bills loss.

Overreaction city. 

The Bills are good at home. The Bills are good in primetime. The Bills are good against the spread. The Bills are way better than the Giants.

Bills win, Bills cover, Kyle Allen plays the last 10 minutes of the 4th quarter. Go Bills.

Uh huh, right. 

Had some time to waste, so I just went through only the first FOUR pages of last week’s thread “Predict the Score for the Bills/Jags Game” It was 70 (Seventy people) taking the Bills and only 4 picking the Jags. Make of that what you will…

Now, the Bills definitely *should* win this game….but if they don’t, we might as well start enjoying our Sunday and Monday and Thursday nights, and 4-7pm time slots on Sundays doing something else. LOL

4 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Uh huh, right. 

Had some time to waste, so I just went through only the first FOUR pages of last week’s thread “Predict the Score for the Bills/Jags Game” It was 70 (Seventy people) taking the Bills and only 4 picking the Jags. Make of that what you will…

Now, the Bills definitely *should* win this game….but if they don’t, we might as well start enjoying our Sunday and Monday and Thursday nights, and 4-7pm time slots on Sundays doing something else. LOL

Yeah, I mean...

There's a world of difference between saying "Any given Sunday. I like the Bills' odds in this one, they SHOULD win it, but I acknowledge that they could lose" and saying "I'm not confident in this one. Based on last week's display, Buffalo could struggle to move the ball. They'll be lucky to be a Wild Card this season".

There's acknowledging parity and upsets and "any given Sunday", and then there's overreacting to a loss and saying that the Bills are gonna struggle to beat a team like the Giants. The former is logical and reasonable and I have no problem with it. The latter is reactionary, hyperbolic "prisoner of the moment" stuff, and you see a ton of it around these parts after a loss.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

The multiple elite defensive players & defensive coaches on the Jets team had a lot to do with Allen playing like he did that Monday night. 

I agree, but Allen is human and when you have to much adrenaline you’re going to make mistakes like throwing high or trying to do to much.. Again I am not saying this will happen or even be the case, just that being over pumped is a bad thing at times.

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

silly take unless you truly do not know his stats in primetime/playoffs

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.