Roger Goodell said today's game was an experiment??

Bubba Gump

19 hours ago, boco357 said:

You think it's coincidence that the two of smallest markets are taking place in this experiment.   Like there was another experiment last time they played in London as that was streamed on Yahoo only vs Jaguars.  You think they would put a team like the Cowboys in this experiment?

Jacksonville’s owner wants to play in London.  If he could, he would move the team there. 

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

Jacksonville’s owner wants to play in London.  If he could, he would move the team there. 

he is shady af.

also meant to say above that if a team played in london they'd have to almost exclusively have 4pm or 8pm games london time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

he is shady af.

also meant to say above that if a team played in london they'd have to almost exclusively have 4pm or 8pm games london time.

Agree

Brain fart to schedule games at 9 :30 AM ET IMO. Brain fart not to fly the Bills up earlier in the week.

Josh Allen comment about the Bills O waking up towards the end of the game pretty much says it all.

On a side note: (speaking of shady)  Tottenham Stadium gave some Bills fans that made the trip an idea of what its like to play under a partial roof over hang. From a spectator watching on tv, it appeared going from shade to sun on the playing field might take getting used to IMO. ( players )

Edited by Figster

On 10/8/2023 at 4:52 PM, spartan19 said:

I wish they would have "experimented" and played the game on grass.  So much for concern about player safety.

There IS a grass field there - the owner of stadium choose to protect grass field rather than players.

Blame the Brits.

On 10/8/2023 at 5:03 PM, Augie said:

They experiment only at making money, and not losing money. Not what is best for the players or fans, regardless of the BS they spew. 

Bills fans should consider this next before travelling for games overseas.

Have an experiment on not spending money on NFL.l

12 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

The funny thing is, I don’t hate oversees games as much as I do the NFL in general right now. Those games are just one sign of the larger problem. I don’t hate wealthy people, even the SUPER wealthy, but now they are messing with the integrity of the game. That’s a fact, and it makes me care about the game a little less. I mean, if they don’t take it seriously, why should I? 

They stole a “home game” (it was anything but), and added another disadvantage on top of that. That tells me they don’t care. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

The funny thing is, I don’t hate oversees games as much as I do the NFL in general right now. Those games are just one sign of the larger problem. I don’t hate wealthy people, even the SUPER wealthy, but now they are messing with the integrity of the game. That’s a fact, and it makes me care about the game a little less. I mean, if they don’t take it seriously, why should I? 

They stole a “home game” (it was anything but), and added another disadvantage on top of that. That tells me they don’t care. 

They could have written rules for this experiment for AWS schedule generator that any home field advantage the Jaguars have had to be when it was there home game.  This tells you how important balance is NFL.  The commissioner is same person who had experiment in destroying evidence. 

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Between this & his pushing Taylor Swift, Roger is ruining the NFL. Just play football Roger, stop overthinking it.

What happened to Roger Goodell having an obligation to the players and their safety.  Every Stupid London game should require both teams to fly out Monday.  Every stupid London game MUST REQUIRE a grass field or "deals off wankers".  Never schedule the same team 2 straight games there.  And if Jacksonville wants the London franchise,  let them have it.  It's not like Jags fans show up in Florida anyway.  Require all games to start at 7pm London time.  We very well might have lost a chance at a strong SB run because of Goodell's greed,  over player safety and prep.  

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What happened to Roger Goodell having an obligation to the players and their safety.  Every Stupid London game should require both teams to fly out Monday.  Every stupid London game MUST REQUIRE a grass field or "deals off wankers".  Never schedule the same team 2 straight games there.  And if Jacksonville wants the London franchise,  let them have it.  It's not like Jags fans show up in Florida anyway.  Require all games to start at 7pm London time.  We very well might have lost a chance at a strong SB run because of Goodell's greed,  over player safety and prep.  

It’s always been an obligation to money for him,  but sometimes safety issues end up costing him money so those get addressed 😂

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

That's just gravy to ole' Roge. He wants Taylor Swift on the field holding the Lombardi after a Chiefs SB win in the worst way. If he can't have that, he wants the Aaron Rodgers redemption story and the parade in Midtown. Not that I believe that the league can really affect outcomes like that, but if given a choice he would pick one of those. 

@Roger Goodell sent me a draft statement in response to some comments in this thread:

"The NFL and its member clubs are proud of our International Series of games, and expanding the horizons of football beyond its traditional borders is critical to the game's long term success.  Experimentation is part of that process, and we commend the Jacksonville franchise for being willing to spend two weeks abroad.  Their dedication to the London series is a role model for other franchises to follow.  Throughout all of this, the NFL, our owners, and front offices have prioritized the safety of each and every one of our players, both on and off the field."

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

There IS a grass field there - the owner of stadium choose to protect grass field rather than players.

Blame the Brits.

Our money is chump change compared to the corporate partnerships they make on these ventures.

14 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Goodell is a western ny native. We are damn lucky too because the bills would likely be elsewhere by now if the commissioner didnt have that heart-string loyalty. 

the Bills lost a game to Jacksonville in London that they would've lost in London, Buffalo, Jacksonville, Detroit (for weather of course), or Mars. Spare me the BS critique of Goodell. If there's ANY fanbase that should like and respect Goodell it is ours. 

Whatever. He grew up a Giants fan in Jamestown. He doesn't give two sh*ts about the Bills or their fans despite his public proclamations. He'd move the Bills to a larger market with the potential for more money tomorrow, if he could. His only "heart-string loyalty" is to a fleet of Brinks trucks and the 32 billionaires who pay him a ridiculous amount of money to maximize every penny he can squeeze from rabid NFL fans.

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Eisen's take on the game

Either arrive Monday night or don't go at all.  Seattle thought they were ready and they looked terrible in their game.  The idea of a permanent team in London is insanity. And 50% of the fans in Tottenham probably flew out. It's not going to work logistically. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Ok, now that is funny...

I have been called Jerry Sullivan, John Wawrow, Bucky Gleason, etc. on this board but now I can add "Mrs. Goodell" to the list!

Goodell has been instrumental behind the scenes keeping our Bills in Buffalo.

But what do you care though? you are in Virginia. They might as well move there and become the Virginia Bills, that would make you happier. But for those of us (few here I guess) that actually live here, keeping the Bills in Buffalo means something. FAR far more than a week 4 tilt against Jacksonville.

Haha! Now THAT is good. You honestly think that everyone on these boards currently lives n WNY and, if not, has no ties to the area or wants the Bills to move to where they are? You are more ridiculous and than I even imagined. And a Goodell apologist to boot. Talk about obtuse. 😂

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, muppy said:

well you know what would solve that problem right? If people refuse to buy tickets to watch or travel to these games.  Should the owners refuse to allow their teams to travel under the circumstances the Bills just had. Absolutely (in retrospect) .  But will they lose money doing so? The owners and their greed for money will make those calls moving forward. 

For me this game was a case of I didn't realize how much jet lag would affect the players. I imagined a long rest in a comfy flight across the pond. Play the game and get out of dodge easy peasy.

**Blech*** I was wrong

what you wrote in red reads 100% logical and spot on mate.

m

Goodell said it was an experiment. The game on Sunday should have served as the death knell in international play.  I really don’t understand what the purpose of these games is, people in England have amazing sporting events to go and see. Television provides the overseas markets access to the NFL. Is there any data to show how much this series has grown the brand? 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Goodell said it was an experiment. The game on Sunday should have served as the death knell in international play.  I really don’t understand what the purpose of these games is, people in England have amazing sporting events to go and see. Television provides the overseas markets access to the NFL. Is there any data to show how much this series has grown the brand? 

I don't get it either.  I believe Goodell has stated that they see teams there in a few years - not just 1, but possibly 2.

It's kind of like the height of greed.  That market will be like a weak American market that has a hard time supporting teams, and it will be bad for the league overall. But, there might be a few more bucks for billionaires, so let's experiment!

3 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

No, actually I am finding out most of the posters here arent posting from buffalo and some even take dumps on our area. I find that very strange. 

I suppose its possible there are some locals here who arent as vocal or have been banned. I wish there were more though for times like these when you guys make "Bills Mafia" look bad/dumb

I post from around Tulsa Ok,been to Buffalo several times ( took my grandson to the Vikings game last year) and I LOVE the area and the people.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/8/2023 at 8:35 PM, All_Pro_Bills said:

They can somewhat solve the jetlag issue by scheduling the game for 5 or 6 PM London time. 

Yep. I was saying this the very first time that they had a London game so early in the day. Should definitely be a 6 or 7pm local time start.

17 hours ago, Bob Jones said:

Yep. I was saying this the very first time that they had a London game so early in the day. Should definitely be a 6 or 7pm local time start.

I don’t think a few hours makes any difference. I am certain a week makes a difference. 

22 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

No, actually I am finding out most of the posters here arent posting from buffalo and some even take dumps on our area. I find that very strange. 

I suppose its possible there are some locals here who arent as vocal or have been banned. I wish there were more though for times like these when you guys make "Bills Mafia" look bad/dumb

I think that the majority on here were born and raised in WNY but have left for various reasons. I left for grad school at Indiana University and then moved to Ohio for a job. I would move home in a second if I could find a job, but I work in higher education, and in my field UB tends to hire internal candidates. And, for the record, if the BIlls ever left Buffalo I would find another team (probably Green Bay) but my passion for NFL football would drop through the floor. My attachment to the Bills and Sabres is that it's a tie to home. It is strange that I have raised two passionate BIlls fans in Cincinnati.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Forgive my French, but I'm pissed.

Holy ***** this is maddening.

Forget how the NFL basically made the Bills and Jags basically play on concrete, resulting in multiple season ending injuries to our best players.

Forget disrupting schedules and flying across a ridiculous number of time zones, making such injuries much more likely.

Forget making the Bills give up a home game for that farce.

Even forget the atrocious job the refs did, destroying any semblance of a fair and unbiased game by calling penalties on the Bills every single time something maybe, possibly, LOOKED like it could potentially be called a penalty, while practically waiting until a Jaguars player murdered someone on the field before calling one on them, all in the name of giving the Jags a "signature win" to expand their fanbase overseas in preparation for their inevitable move to London.

Roger Goodell just straight up admitted that having the Jags play in London the previous week, then having them stay in London all week, while having the Bills fly in and play jetlagged was a way for the NFL to test just how much of an advantage that would be.

They came right out and said, to paraphrase "we are knowingly ***** over the Bills this week, and in doing so, ending their season by injuring their best players so badly that they will be out for the rest of the season."

This is rage-inducing.

Link Below:

https://x.com/haremherd/status/1711390018109923498?s=20

• Angry 3

If all the NFL teams have to play international games every couple of years, can't Buffalo just stake claim to Canada?  Sure most have bad memories of the Toronto series, but Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, ANYWHERE but Europe.   I'd volunteer for Canadian games to see if could avoid getting 'drafted' to do Europe.

This is why I said in a fit of rage during the game that the NFL is rigged.

I don't REALLY think that and I usually mock those who say it, but that game made me so furious that I became irrational. 

I get the rage. That game was bad enough, but our season took a serious hit with those injuries. 

Yea to me this interview is pretty unforgivable like you can’t admit you just don’t know if one team will have a competitive advantage or not.  We can all argue about how much of a role it actually played and say no excuses yada yada but the nfl officially scheduled this not knowing how it will play out 

One thing that will never make any sense to me is how that was a home game…one team is already there and they’re the away team? Lol

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

We've been talking about this since the post-game thread where someone pulled out that clip.  I even started a thread on it, and I never start threads.

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea to me this interview is pretty unforgivable like you can’t admit you just don’t know if one team will have a competitive advantage or not.  We can all argue about how much of a role it actually played and say no excuses yada yada but the nfl officially scheduled this not knowing how it will play out 

They knew it would be an advantage. They just didn't know how much of one it would be. When you have Jags players admitting that it was a big advantage after the game, I don't think that it's an excuse any longer. It's a reason.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.