Bills vs Jags Postgame thread

SCBills

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The biggest coaching error was flying out on Friday. The Jags already had seven plus day advantage to adjust - why give them another three? Should have been given time to recover on Monday and flown out late Tuesday at the very worst.

Hate cliches but fail to prepare and prepare to fail.

If we went Monday and lost they'd say we should have used our own facilities to recover ... but McChump is there and should know the team for the right call. And we were fairly healthy 

I don't have it in me to listen to the post game...

has there been an update on Daquan Jones injury?  I saw pec earlier and that is not good.  they usually only list that as an injury if it later ends up being torn.  What was von millers injury?  Rich Eisen was to busy trying to be pat summerall to give actual information.

the Dolphins just basically won their game, they only need about 13 points and they will probably score 40 + today.

the worst part about today is I dont see how they beat KC, Baltimore, Miami, Cincy etc.. without milano.

I don't want to hear about London ever again at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Agreed. There were a lot of different factors that went into this loss, but almost all of them ultimately fall upon McD.

Bed decision/plan to travel so late in the week. Team playing sloppy, all those penalties. Special Teams a mess. Offense back to that frenetic energy.

And how many times are you going to watch them burn our blitz with Ridley before we stop calling it?

Biggest factor this week was Pederson v McD, and Pederson won every level.

The travel yes… the massive advantage in travel to Jags yes. The D held up reasonably well considering. The O gets more of it from me. Agree  the blitz was getting beat consistently when it’s not Milano .. hard to crush McD given injuries and insane officiating. But the OL did not show. Couldn’t run the ball and Josh did best he could. 

Just now, Process said:

Horrific game plan and play calling by Ken today.

Buffalo should have gone away from the run a lot earlier than they did, probably.

Still a long season, but these are the types of games that will have people question the offensive coaching in Buffalo, and rightfully so.

4 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

other than the arm punt not sure what Josh was supposed to do Execution was off today especially in the first half and Dorsey's calls left a lot to be desired   

I thought Josh played well today.

O line penalties, drops and horrible play calling killed this team today

6 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

5 hours ago we were the greatest. Coaches were respected and defended. Anyone who said a critical word about buffalo was booed. And now here we're are. 

Lololooll

Show me one post where I respected McChump. There have been a few here keen to his bull#### for a while. 

1 minute ago, Process said:

Horrific game plan and play calling by Ken today.

Dorsey gives a master class on how to abandon what has been working.

Josh under center running play action, mixing in the run and keeping the D guessing.

His obsession with running out of the gun is so frustrating.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, boyst said:

McDermott preachers accountability. How does he allow a hitch and hitch with 22 seconds left? How does he not have a special teams coordinated enough to make sure to let that go into the end zone?

I know it's almost a goddamn campaign I'm having, but the guy is in over his head trying to be a head coach and a coordinator. He can't manage both being a head coach and calling the defense.

And trust me I know the offense was not without fault. But the head coach is supposed to be there on top of all of the aspects. And he is failing

Why do you think that would go into the endzone when none of his punts have all day?

Just now, boyst said:

If we went Monday and lost they'd say we should have used our own facilities to recover ... but McChump is there and should know the team for the right call. And we were fairly healthy 

Monday would have been too soon; they needed a day to recover. They could have even used the facilities on Tuesday then flown out. But it never should have been later than Tuesday night, especially as the UK is ahead. If they took a flight at, say, 10pm, then would have landed around 9.30am Wednesday. Then they'd have to adjust accordingly, but at least they would have had four days to do it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

It's week to week, you look bad one week this team is awful, we look good one week it's superbowl baby!!!. Stay level headed and in the middle is my way of doing it. There are always negatives and positives every game but unfortunately not many here can see both. 

I think that's part of the problem for us fans.  The up and down see-saw team makes it hard to figure out who they really are.  At this point, a .600 team.

3 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Dude. Again… They played in London before. Was at the game. Was brutal too… A loss to Jags also oddly enough playing the same way… Team did not show up until it was way too late. 

That was in 2015, the current coaching staff and group of players have collectively never played in London before. 

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If you don't understand the significance of one team being completely rested in a London game versus one team not I suggest you look at the stats when both teams are coming there to play versus their normal stats.

I mean we can cry about that if we want.

But we played like dogs on offence. You read your stats all you like. Our playcalling was ass. That’s not a result of tiredness. 

• Like (+1) 1

See like, the team just isn't constructed in a way that will maximize the offense ... you have a defensive head coach and an inexperienced, unproven offensive coordinator trying to maximize an MVP-level talent in Josh Allen ... it just seems destined to fail.  Imagine Josh with a Shanahan, an Andy Reid, hell even Brian Daboll ... these sorts of garbage offensive games just wouldn't happen.  And that's ultimately on ownership.  Do you want to ***** win, or not?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

It's not the loss.  Yes, the game was awful and the refs were some of the worst I have ever seen.  But it's not the loss.  That was always a possibility trying to play a professional football game on basically 1 night's sleep in 3 days.  The decision to leave so late in week was a terrible one.  Regardless, it's not about the loss.  We're going to lose games this season.

What this is about is the injuries.  And not just the injuries, but the major injuries to the most important players on the defense.  By the end of this game, we had 6 starters on defense out.  And for some of those players, it is going to be multiple weeks, if not the season. 

This is the real issue with this game.  Enjoy that extra international money, NFL.  Probably just cost us a chance to win anything this season.

Edited by sven233
  • Agree 2

Just now, BernieBill said:

See like, the team just isn't constructed in a way that will maximize the offense ... you have a defensive head coach and an inexperienced, unproven offensive coordinator trying to maximize an MVP-level talent in Josh Allen ... it just seems destined to fail.  Imagine Josh with a Shanahan, an Andy Reid, hell even Brian Daboll ... these sorts of garbage offensive games just wouldn't happen.  And that's ultimately on ownership.  Do you want to ***** win, or not?

You wanna bring Daboll back? After how the Giants look??

• Like (+1) 1

Bills had both starting CB out, one starting DE out and the other limited to 10 snaps, best LB out, and starting DTbout. 

That’s half the defense out, and arguably 5 of the top 7/8 defensive players out (White, Miller, Milano, Groot, Jones). 

I don’t blame Bills for flying over on Thursday night. I think that’s what many experts recommend. 

I do think it’s unfair to allow the Jags to have 2 consecutive games there

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.