10/01/23 Week #4 GAMEDAY Bills vs Miami Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

20 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

The way that the entire NFL media is drooling over Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce, I'm starting to think that the whole thing is a planned publicity stunt to grow the game amongst young women. It's like the international games, but probably more expensive.

It is odd.  

The NFL is pouncing on this big time, which is smart and I would t be surprised to hear that the club pushed kelce to ask tay tay to come knowing how this can really bring in a demographic they have been trying to get more and more of 

Edited by TBBills Fan
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

different perspectives I suppose. 

Every season going forward with 17, winning the Super Bowl is the ONLY thing that matters to me every season.  I’d only call something crucial if it has the chance to eliminate our chance of accomplishing that.  

Yes. My perspective is based in fact. Yours is ..’different’..

31 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

I think the keys to victory are fairly simple

1) No Turnovers

2) Oliver and Jones blow up the interior gaps on both run and pass

3) Full good Josh Allen experience including designed runs and using his legs on scrambles when it’s there

Score more points than the other guy

• Like (+1) 2

My fellow Bills fans I have done a jakefrommstatefarm statistical analysis that proves we are going to win today !!

Josh Allen - facing a middle of the pack pass defense, ranked 16th

Bills RBs - facing 23rd ranked rush defense

Bills WRs - facing a middle of the pack pass defense, ranked 16th

Bills TE's - facing 25th ranked TE pass defense

Dorsey will scheme up a game plan to feed Knox and Kincaid ! Today is Kincaids big day !

Tua - facing the 2nd ranked Bills pass defense

Dolphins Rbs - facing the 9th ranked rush defense

Dolphins WRs - facing the Bills 3rd ranked pass defense

Dophins TEs - facing 4th ranked Bills TE defense

In summary, the Bills defense is just far better than the Dolphins.  I predict the Dolphins will struggle on offense and their point total will be far less.

Bills offense faces a very mediocre Dolphins defense.

I predict a Bills win just by looking at the numbers.  

So relax today Bills fans !

We got this one in the bag !!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The last 2 weeks are exactly what I wanted to see this offense look like. I love the physicality and I absolutely love the run balance. That’s how THIS team is going to win. We are not the chiefs and we are not the Bengals. We are way closer to the Eagles and 49ers…Until we all understand that…it’s going to be met with push back.

I do not want to see us going back to throwing constantly. We are much better off with Allen staying in that 210-260 yard range. Nice calm control. Keep running, keep the other team guessing and keep winning the line of scrimmage. The 1 thing I personally would change is 16 for 11. I don’t know what people expected from this Harty. I don’t know what the Bills expected from him. He’s not it. He never was good and he’s not going to just turn into something here. People want to see him downfield? Why? He’s 5’8. He will never even look open down there. That’s the last place I’d want him. Sherfield runs like Deebo with the ball in his hands. Get that guy into that RAC role. That guy is super physical and much more impressive than I expected. I’m good with Kincaid. I there’s only 1 ball. I don’t know how many catches people think are even possible. But scrap whatever trash package you are forcing Harty into and use Sherfield there. That guy is a player.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The last 2 weeks are exactly what I wanted to see this offense look like. I love the physicality and I absolutely love the run balance. That’s how THIS team is going to win. We are not the chiefs and we are not the Bengals. We are way closer to the Eagles and 49ers…Until we all understand that…it’s going to be met with push back.

I do not want to see us going back to throwing constantly. We are much better off with Allen staying in that 210-260 yard range. Nice calm control. Keep running, keep the other team guessing and keep winning the line of scrimmage. The 1 thing I personally would change is 16 for 11. I don’t know what people expected from this Harty. I don’t know what the Bills expected from him. He’s not it. He never was good and he’s not going to just turn into something here. People want to see him downfield? Why? He’s 5’8. He will never even look open down there. That’s the last place I’d want him. Sherfield runs like Deebo with the ball in his hands. Get that guy into that RAC role. That guy is super physical and much more impressive than I expected. I’m good with Kincaid. I there’s only 1 ball. I don’t know how many catches people think are even possible. But scrap whatever trash package you are forcing Harty into and use Sherfield there. That guy is a player.

I am not too sure that they have figured out their offensive identity yet. I think it is closer to the chiefs though that the eagles. And when this team was really clicking in 2020, it was lots of RPOs and beasley getting 100 yards and Diggs 100 yards every game. Will be interesting to see it evolve. 

29 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yes. My perspective is based in fact. Yours is ..’different’..

Yes I have a different perspective than you.  As do many.  By definition, I don’t think that this game is crucial to winning a Super Bowl.  A win will have a positive impact.  A loss will have a negative impact, but neither impact will allow to, or prevent us from winning a Super Bowl.  

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

Lol you guys are hilarious. Glad I found this place

I think there is a two week probationary period or something similar. It isn’t too long 

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Is that Knox on his shirt? notorious TE?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

What T is he wearing Notorious who?

3 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I think there is a two week probationary period or something similar. It isn’t too long 

Is that Knox on his shirt? notorious TE?

Ahhh, maybe

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

It is odd.  

The NFL is pouncing on this big time, which is smart and I would t be surprised to hear that the club pushed kelce to ask tay tay to come knowing how this can really bring in a demographic they have been trying to get more and more of 

Big money if it does pay off

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, scuba guy said:

Big money if it does pay off

I don’t actually think that the whole thing is staged, but it seems that the league’s PR team called Tay Tay’s PR team and they devised a cross marketing plan. How else do you explain a promotion of a Taylor Swift concert with a pre-made graphic in the middle of an NFL game? TikTok is absolutely full of Swifties asking questions about football right now, so I would say that it’s working.

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

I expect Miami to blitz Allen heavily. From

my recollection they did that in the playoff game and Josh had some issues.

I’m sure the Bills will be ready for Miami to do just that.

Josh has been a little better so far this year and getting the ball out underneath if they blitz, I think he can handle it

Also, our line is just better than it was last year

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I would agree, but they have a different DC.

A DC that Josh pretty much took apart the last time he played their defense. It was in Denver, right

46 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

My fellow Bills fans I have done a jakefrommstatefarm statistical analysis that proves we are going to win today !!

Josh Allen - facing a middle of the pack pass defense, ranked 16th

Bills RBs - facing 23rd ranked rush defense

Bills WRs - facing a middle of the pack pass defense, ranked 16th

Bills TE's - facing 25th ranked TE pass defense

Dorsey will scheme up a game plan to feed Knox and Kincaid ! Today is Kincaids big day !

Tua - facing the 2nd ranked Bills pass defense

Dolphins Rbs - facing the 9th ranked rush defense

Dolphins WRs - facing the Bills 3rd ranked pass defense

Dophins TEs - facing 4th ranked Bills TE defense

In summary, the Bills defense is just far better than the Dolphins.  I predict the Dolphins will struggle on offense and their point total will be far less.

Bills offense faces a very mediocre Dolphins defense.

I predict a Bills win just by looking at the numbers.  

So relax today Bills fans !

We got this one in the bag !!

Don't really know why, but I continue to get more confident of a win today as we get closer to kickoff. 🤔😁

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Final pregame thoughts.  Jam Hill at the LOS I mean hands on, then have someone over the top on him.

Blitz Tua immediately. Hit him hard, hit him often and he is shot.

Offense, we need "WCO" Josh.  Don't let them sucker him into being "sugar high" Josh.

We do that, I say 38-20 Bills

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Josh has been a little better so far this year and getting the ball out underneath if they blitz, I think he can handle it

Also, our line is just better than it was last year

A DC that Josh pretty much took apart the last time he played their defense. It was in Denver, right

Josh took apart Saleh's defense when he was in San Francisco. Things change.

Eli Apple... Inactive on 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.