10/01/23 Week #4 GAMEDAY Bills vs Miami Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

I don’t ever want to see a guy get hurt, it’s not what I’m asking or looking for…but the way we have been getting after it and with how small he is, I really think there’s a good chance Tua doesn’t make it through this whole game. The national media is seriously sleeping on this pass rush right now. I bet Tua starts seeing ghosts early.

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It nice, but I don’t see it being the difference between winning the SB or not winning it.  We can be the best team and not have the best record.  Home, road.  I think this team is past needing to play at home.  

As a fan, sure it would be nice to win another division title.  I just don’t think it’s crucial for us yo win the Super Bowl.  An advantage, yes. Crucial, meh.  

Only 11 wild card teams have made the SB and only 6 have won it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I don’t ever want to see a guy get hurt, it’s not what I’m asking or looking for…but the way we have been getting after it and with how small he is, I really think there’s a good chance Tua doesn’t make it through this whole game. The national media is seriously sleeping on this pass rush right now. I bet Tua starts seeing ghosts early.

Possible, Injury or not, if you get physical with the wideouts and throw the timing off Tua starts to think/panic. He isn't good under pressure. 

1 minute ago, Southern_Bills said:

Possible, Injury or not, if you get physical with the wideouts and throw the timing off Tua starts to think/panic. He isn't good under pressure. 

You don't even have to get physical with the wideouts.  Just mix up the coverages. Make Tua think. Take away his hitting the first read 80% of the time. Make him hold the ball more than 2.2 seconds. He hasn't had to up until now, but he will. Buffalo is the best at disguising coverages. That's when the pass rush will get home.

• Like (+1) 3

41 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It nice, but I don’t see it being the difference between winning the SB or not winning it.  We can be the best team and not have the best record.  Home, road.  I think this team is past needing to play at home.  

As a fan, sure it would be nice to win another division title.  I just don’t think it’s crucial for us yo win the Super Bowl.  An advantage, yes. Crucial, meh.  

It didnt help last year. We didnt look look great vs pats late season, fins gave us a game and Cinci destroyed us....Maybe less pressure on the road.

Edited by billsfanmd07

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Never said winning the Super Bowl. I said GETTING there. We can’t get out of the Conference in the McBeane era.
Ergo, it’s essential.

different perspectives I suppose. 

Every season going forward with 17, winning the Super Bowl is the ONLY thing that matters to me every season.  I’d only call something crucial if it has the chance to eliminate our chance of accomplishing that.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

That's pretty much the game plan: force Tua off the hot read, get pressure with 4. Try to make him panic and force it some place he shouldn't 

11 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Only 11 wild card teams have made the SB and only 6 have won it.

I realize this and I believe that we can win the SB as a WC team.  

2 minutes ago, billsfanmd07 said:

It didnt help last year. We didnt look look great vs pats and Cinci destroyed us....Maybe less pressure on the road.

Either your championship caliber or you’re not.  Line up and play the games. Being at home might give a team a slight advantage but there are multitudes of other things that have a much great impact on the outcome.  

Just get us to the playoffs and things will take care of themselves if we’re good enough. If we’re not good enough, playing games at home won’t matter….as to your example 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

You don't even have to get physical with the wideouts.  Just mix up the coverages. Make Tua think. Take away his hitting the first read 80% of the time. Make him hold the ball more than 2.2 seconds. He hasn't had to up until now, but he will. Buffalo is the best at disguising coverages. That's when the pass rush will get home.

Just like the Jets style of defense is tough on Josh, the Bills defense (on paper) is the one to slow the Dolphins. 

Motion is effective in general but it's biggest exploit is vs man coverage. Zone is supposed to be less vulnerable and McDermott is all about disguising who is supposed to be watching which zone. 

I'm not saying it's a slam dunk but there is a reason why Hill never went off against us last year

I think this is the week they bust out Elam

11 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Easier said than done. Tua is leading the league in shortest time to throw at 2.34 seconds. Josh Allen, for comparison, is at 2.8. He’s getting the ball and throwing it to a window. A window that the receiver has yet to occupy. The star of the Miami Dolphins is not the QB. It’s not even Hill, Waddle, or Mostert. It’s Mike McDaniel. I’m usually a very positive Bills fan, but unless some DC figures something out this Miami team won’t lose until they hit SF in the Superbowl. I really believe that McDaniel and Shannahan have cracked the code and I get a little depressed when I think about it.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Easier said than done. Tua is leading the league in shortest time to throw at 2.34 seconds. Josh Allen, for comparison, is at 2.8. He’s getting the ball and throwing it to a window. A window that the receiver has yet to occupy. The star of the Miami Dolphins is not the QB. It’s not even Hill, Waddle, or Mostert. It’s Mike McDaniel. I’m usually a very positive Bills fan, but unless some DC figures something out this Miami team won’t lose until they hit SF in the Superbowl. I really believe that McDaniel and Shannahan have cracked the code and I get a little depressed when I think about it.

You are 100% correct. It's beatable though. If you make that Receiver. 5 seconds late and bad things happen, then Tua starts questioning if he should throw it, making that 2.34 seconds longer.

I mean easier said than done? Of course.  Impossible? Absolutely not

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Nah.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Agree, I expect the bills get clobbered today.

• Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Just like the Jets style of defense is tough on Josh, the Bills defense (on paper) is the one to slow the Dolphins. 

Motion is effective in general but it's biggest exploit is vs man coverage. Zone is supposed to be less vulnerable and McDermott is all about disguising who is supposed to be watching which zone. 

I'm not saying it's a slam dunk but there is a reason why Hill never went off against us last year

Was reading an article this morning and Ed Oliver was talking about Miami's presnap motion and the Denver game. He was saying that they cannot get sucked into the smoke and mirrors. That the Dline has to attack and stay on their keys. While the DBs are back there disguising coverage to confuse the QB, the Dline is focused on disrupting things behind the line of scrimmage. It'll be a team effort slowing down Miami.

• Like (+1) 1

Think the bigger concern is the Dolphins rush game. If Bills are going to be in Nickel a lot stopping the run game becomes huge priority. We have seen the Bills be susceptible to the big play. Defense has to play lights out in the red zone and try to limit scoring opportunities.

Allen and the offense will need to put up at least 30 today. If Defense can hold Miami to under 24 will be a great game from them.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

Think the bigger concern is the Dolphins rush game. If Bills are going to be in Nickel a lot stopping the run game becomes huge priority. We have seen the Bills be susceptible to the big play. Defense has to play lights out in the red zone and try to limit scoring opportunities.

Allen and the offense will need to put up at least 30 today. If Defense can hold Miami to under 24 will be a great game from them.

I see no reason why the Bills can't. NE held them to 24 and they didn't even have an offense that could stay on the field to eat clock. Dolphins are riding a bit too high. Time to come back to earth. Maybe even buried beneath the earth.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Someone please make it stop !

Go Bills !

Did you know that all your electronic devices come with an advanced feature to block whatever content you're sick of?

It's labelled as the O-F-F button

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, mannc said:

In 90 minutes, I have to board a 5-hour United flight to SFO.  Any tips on how I might be a able to watch the game while in the air?

1 hour ago, Philly McButterpants said:

I know the American Airlines app will let you watch “live” TV, but you are limited to NYC television. If the Bills game is on in NYC, you could watch it. 

if the flight has Wi-Fi, you could watch on Sunday ticket/YouTube. But you might have to do some purchase$. 

As I like to say, "Where there's a wallet there's a way."

1 hour ago, Gman10 said:

Kinda off topic, I apologize. Im newer here, when can I create my own topic?

go Bills!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

different perspectives I suppose. 

Every season going forward with 17, winning the Super Bowl is the ONLY thing that matters to me every season.  I’d only call something crucial if it has the chance to eliminate our chance of accomplishing that.  

Exactly! SuperBowl win or bust every year! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.