Epenesa Was Consistently Strong

MarlinTheMagician

Just now, MarlinTheMagician said:

The interception was great, but I noticed him being disruptive several times before that.  Thought it was a jump ball previously with him and Basham, so I wondered why they kept the guy that was a year older.  But he is better and I thought he showed out today beyond just the interception.  

He is better than Basham. Basham is rubbish. AJE is a bad edge setter but he has some pass rush ability. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

No one was more surprised he made the interception than Epinessa himself. Guy had no idea what to do with the football in the EZ. 

TD celebration rating 2/10.

He clearly knew what he was doing when he got the interception - he did not know how to act silly when he got the touchdown. 

Epenesa is going to have a great year this year. And is going to go down the path of Shaq Lawson. Get paid and never see the success he had here in Buffalo. 

Question is will he take less to stay in the role he is here and carve a successful NFL career or will he do what Shaq Did (I suspect he walks). 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Epenesa is going to have a great year this year. And is going to go down the path of Shaq Lawson. Get paid and never see the success he had here in Buffalo. 

Question is will he take less to stay in the role he is here and carve a successful NFL career or will he do what Shaq Did (I suspect he walks). 

He prob will not stay if smart. All these players gotta get that 1 contract/payday.

17 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

He prob will not stay if smart. All these players gotta get that 1 contract/payday.

Yeah that is why I see him going the route of Shaq. He will get paid. Never earn than contract and in 4 to 5 years he back playing a roll for Vet Min.

granted it is still early but in three weeks he looks completely different than he has since he has been here. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

How much would you offer him?

I think someone will offer him like 3 years $18m… the bills will offer him 1 year $1.7m 

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

How much would you offer him?

I think someone will offer him like 3 years $18m… the bills will offer him 1 year $1.7m 

I would offer him right now 5M a year. Keeps playing like he has that is probably goes to 7M (granted that is in a vaccum not taking to account the contracts already here). 

he is probably getting 10-12 a year in open market if he keeps this level of play up. 

and that 10-12M a year contract SHOULD be going to Gabe Davis (at this point) 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Agree 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I would offer him right now 5M a year. Keeps playing like he has that is probably goes to 7M (granted that is in a vaccum not taking to account the contracts already here). 

he is probably getting 10-12 a year in open market if he keeps this level of play up. 

Someone will offer him that… I don’t think the Bills will …it’s probably too much for the number of snaps he plays ..

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

Someone will offer him that… I don’t think the Bills will …it’s probably too much for the number of snaps he plays ..

Yeah and had to make an edit too. Floyd isn’t in contract but accounts for 4M cap (3 void years). I think his contract was set up to extend and make up for when Epenesa walks. 

this new Bills team with all their contract shenanigans and stuff makes it hard for me to project anymore. It was so simple with Ralph’s Cash to cap philosophy 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

No one was more surprised he made the interception than Epinessa himself. Guy had no idea what to do with the football in the EZ. 

TD celebration rating 2/10.

Tough to act like you've been there before when you've never been there before. 

Useless trivia-his first college sack was on Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

But everyone saying AJE gunna be toast when Von back ?

I don't know that he gets cut, but obviously his rep count will drop significantly when Miller returns.  The Bills aren't going to play 5 on the line and Miller is going to get half of the reps at least, once he gets going.

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I think they keep them both 

Plenty have been saying it bud… AJE get no respect 

Epenesa is not going anywhere whenever Yvonne comes back. It’ll be some end of the roster guy like Kingsley Jonathan or one of the safeties.

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

I don’t mind epenesa at all. I forget which he did, but he either broke Tuas ribs or gave him a concussion. And that’s OK in my book 

Why would you wish for an injury on another player?

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’ll keep him this year … we got a SB to win 

Yea I by no means am wanting to mess with teams chemistry.  Seems they knew who was worth keeping  between basham and AJE.  Doesn't Basham have a cousin on Jets? So he's got family in NJ if so.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.