Epenesa Was Consistently Strong

MarlinTheMagician

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He had a quietly strong season as a rusher last year.  Seeing him continue that is not really a surprise for me, especially with Loosely Frazier gone and McD running a more aggressive defense

AJ had 6.5 sacks last year which given his rotational role is pretty good. He is playing like a player looking to get a big contract. It manifested today with the pick six and a sack. 

He isn’t going to be a dominant player but he can be a really good rotational player

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

No one was more surprised he made the interception than Epinessa himself. Guy had no idea what to do with the football in the EZ. 

TD celebration rating 2/10.

Well, I'm a "hand the ball back to the ref and act like you've been there before" kind of guy myself...

9 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah that is why I see him going the route of Shaq. He will get paid. Never earn than contract and in 4 to 5 years he back playing a roll for Vet Min.

granted it is still early but in three weeks he looks completely different than he has since he has been here. 

In fairness he looked really good down the stretch last year. The arc on AJE is:

Year 1 - Bills ask him to totally transform his body

Year 2 - Bills ask him to use that transformed body to play a different style of game

Year 3 - he finally gets comfortable in how to combine the two

Year 4 - hopefully builds on a strong end to year 3 and earns himself a contract (I agree with you probably not here)

The only way I think it is different to Shaq is teams value what AJE does well higher than what Shaq does well. Shaq is a very good edge setter with limited pure pass rush. AJE is a pass rusher who will never be great at setting the edge. So I think he will get more opportunities wherever he goes than Shaq did. However if a team signs him to be an every down starter they are going to be disappointed.

12 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

No one was more surprised he made the interception than Epinessa himself. Guy had no idea what to do with the football in the EZ. 

TD celebration rating 2/10.

Given that was his first ever TD in the NFL, I suspect the only thing he was thinking about was Don't throw the ball away, don't throw the ball away!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.