AJ Klein signed to Practice Squad

Motorin'

40 minutes ago, cantankerous said:

Can’t Beane do better than AJ Klein? Smh. 

Well talent wise perhaps, but there is also very little learning curve for Klein so in any emergency break glass he can be plugged in very easily as he knows the defense barring any little tweaks and study of opponents.  So it's not a bad idea to have him on ps.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

Good news is he did!  Bad news is he retired.  

Now who would you suggest he have signed off the street instead, or do you just like complaining?

I think it’s just that he likes complaining. But he said he won’t even consider what’s out there until the Bills pay him millions to do it. So unfortunately I don’t think you’re going to get an answer to your question. Even though it’s easy, the right answer is “yeah, you’re right. This situation makes sense. He knows the system and doesn’t break the bank.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

3 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I think it’s just that he likes complaining. But he said he won’t even consider what’s out there until the Bills pay him millions to do it. So unfortunately I don’t think you’re going to get an answer to your question. Even though it’s easy, the right answer is “yeah, you’re right. This situation makes sense. He knows the system and doesn’t break the bank.”

I would love a Luke keuchly but I also don't want to see Luke play pro football again as he be really pushing his luck health wise as us he likely will have issues as he gets older and the effects of all his concussions come on to roost on his brain and neurological functions.  Much like Andrew Luck decided the wear and tear of the game wasn't worth the extra $$ in his bank  balance  compared to the quality of life being degraded.  Only so much you can buy with money and Luck and Luke made plenty to retire comfortably so why take more punishment for little to gain?  

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

I am actually from Blasdell (Steelton).  There are quite a number of studio and one bedroom apartments in town of Blasdell which were created out of homes when kids moved out.  My mother lived in one once.

I got thrown out because the stupid landlord was expecting rent. Capitalism will ruin this country 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

Was supposed to be back initially until Kirksey was available. 

57 minutes ago, cantankerous said:

No. But maybe you can?

Seriously, the guy knows the system, can effectively coach on the field, and we already know his floor.

It is statements like this that remind me why none of us work in prof football offices and stick to playing Madden.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

53 minutes ago, cantankerous said:

I’m sure I could find better if I was paid millions of dollars to do so. Do you honestly think AJ Klein is worth a darn on this team? 

You sure are good at complaining about 2nd / 3rd string player acquisitions…, 

• Eyeroll 1

38 minutes ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Plus it may be Klein is very good at helping to coach up young teammates so he may help guide Williams in how best to play in Mcds system.  I imagine AJ could be leaning toward coaching post playing career so this may be the way he is pursuing that goal if it is indeed where he is heading.  I am just assuming it maybe as I don't know him on any personal level and I don't follow him on social media if he even dabbles in it.  

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, cantankerous said:

User name checks out.

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

You see a player available on the streets that knows the system and can fill in right now other than Klein?

I’m sure I could find better if I was paid millions of dollars to do so.

Then perhaps you should go to OBD and say, "Hey, if you'll pay me millions of dollars, I'll do a better job than that guy who has more than twenty years of professional experience." I'm sure they'll be happy to look over your CV.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

This is all fun and games but he's not good anymore, he was cut for a reason. Hopefully everyone stays healthy!

I would like to see them try and find someone younger that they can stash away and coach up. We know who AJ Klein is at this point 

His name is Dorian Williams and he's already on the team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

This is all fun and games but he's not good anymore, he was cut for a reason. Hopefully everyone stays healthy!

I would like to see them try and find someone younger that they can stash away and coach up. We know who AJ Klein is at this point 

His name is Dorian Williams and they drafted him in the third round this year.  Try to keep up.  In the meantime, AJ Klein is a fine third string practice squad Lb.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

9 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

His name is Dorian Williams and he's already on the team.

5 minutes ago, FLFan said:

His name is Dorian Williams and they drafted him in the third round this year.  Try to keep up.  In the meantime, AJ Klein is a fine third string practice squad Lb.  

Wrong position. Dorian plays weak side behind Milano. "Try to keep up"

• Like (+1) 1

I’m sure I could find better if I was paid millions of dollars to do so. Do you honestly think AJ Klein is worth a darn on this team? 

I thought you were being sarcastic with your first post but now I see you have doubled down.  Any actual suggestions, or do we need to take up a collection to get something besides a whine? 

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Wrong position. Dorian plays weak side behind Milano. "Try to keep up"

He started there, as did Bernard.  He is a young LB capable of playing the middle who is being coached up, per your suggestion.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

That's the point. When you need to reach in to the practice squad it's good to know what you are (and aren't) getting.

• Like (+1) 1

Good get, a little veteran reassurance just incase it's needed .

2 hours ago, cantankerous said:

Well you think it might be the fact that he is a plug and play veteran that knows the system ? No need to spend time to teach him & incase of emergency break the glass & he's there right now .  

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.