9/17/23 Week 2 GAMEDAY Bills vs. Raiders Home Opener Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

17 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

I hope this lights a fire under his ass. 

I don't think a lack of work ethic is the problem.  It's technique.  He's plenty motivated and competitive.  But until he gets his hands under control, he won't play.

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I don't think a lack of work ethic is the problem.  It's technique.  He's plenty motivated and competitive.  But until he gets his hands under control, he won't play.

DPI spot fouls in the NFL can cost you A LOT more than if you get caught for the same thing in college. I’m not panicking. We got a starting CB in the draft, just not where we thought we’d find him. I’ll be patient for now, because there is nothing I can do other than make myself crazy over it. I see no point in that. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Carlson is arguably the best kicker not named Justin Tucker in the league you probably don’t want it to come down to him although Tbass ain’t bad himself.

He was booming from 35 in short step warmups. 

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Spread dropped from 8 to 7.5.  Not a big deal, but curious as to why 

Jimmy G can ball control us to death and keep it close.  I just don’t think Allen and the Bills can be patient and settle for long dink and dunk drives 

• Like (+1) 1

This is the flattest I've felt going into a Bills game for quite some while. Last week was very concerning and, even if lessons are learned today, will they be long term. Important thing, even more important than the win possibly, is Josh looking like his old self. Elite isn't necessarily required at this stage, but compotent is.

• Agree 1

Just now, NickelCity said:

I think we'll see Cook run a little harder this week. There's no way that 3rd where he shied from contact instead of lowering his head and at least trying for the first wasn't show to him. 

If he just breaks one solid arm tackle today i’m going to chug a beer in his honor on the spot. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Spread dropped from 8 to 7.5.  Not a big deal, but curious as to why 

Bc all the bets / $ were coming in to take the raiders at 9.5

it’s just to keep money equal on both sides so house takes their pot 

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know why I even bother watching pregame shows. Fox talked earlier about the top teams that lost last week and if we should worry. Went just like you would expect.

Chiefs:

No reason to worry. Things are fine. Lions are a solid team. They get Kelce back and the offense is top notch. They get Jones back so the defense is strong.

Bengals:

Well, Burrow didn't play at all in preseason. The Bengals always start slow. Things are good in Cincy.

Bills:

The sky isn't falling. It already fell. Josh Allen is terrible without Daboll and Dorsey has little clue how to help him. Time to panic is over, it's time to accept our doom.

1 minute ago, Toledo Bill said:

Should be a change of pace/third down back only.

Yeah i’d give Cook about 10 touches a game,, if he’s got a hot hand then feed him more with screens too.  If he’s not doing anything special just watch. 

I’d like to see Harris or Murray get those tough inside carries.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Gabe had 4 targets. I’d like to see more than that 

No! He’s a black hole for targets. 50% catch rate. I’d like to see 4 targets w depth of target 20+ yards

ball has to go to a lot more places befor gabe