9/17/23 Week 2 GAMEDAY Bills vs. Raiders Home Opener Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Well, we definitely didn’t see THAT one coming! After just 4 plays, Rodgers joins Farve as post-Packer HOF QBs whose career ends playing the Bills. Definitely didn’t anticipate witnessing Josh Allen’s worst ever game to date either,  in losing an overtime debacle on national television. But I’ll save the rest of my angst for my psychiatrist.

Dolphins & Jets are 1-0, though the good news is only 6 AFC teams won, none of which include Tenn, Pittsburgh, San Diego, Cincy or KC and we avoided all injuries sans bumps & bruises! Going on a limb here, but further favorable news includes todays Home Opener vs the less than daunting Las Vegas Raiders. Granted, I’m learning the hard way; don’t underestimate an opponent nor believe anything’s easy to achieve. But we certainly have an advantage in overall team talent, a raucous home field crowd and certainly need to win a Conference game to get back in the picture we expect to be included in. 

Despite Allen’s 4 turnovers keeping us under under 20 points, our new Offensive schemes and personnel shone bright. In O’Cyrus Torrence, we may have struck gold on another Joe DeLamielleure as he owned whichever Jet lined up over him all game! 1st round pick Dalton Kincaid  ‘DK2’ caught everything thrown his way, made a few noticeable in-line blocks and worked himself open on many other pass plays, only to not attract Allen’s vision. This has to change immediately. Diggs was his typical All-Pro self and our new RBs showed promise of finally improving our run game. Cook flashed his speed but not toughness. Bass boinked a kick off the upright but he’s our Good Luck charm and the kick was good! The game-ending punt should have never gone to the middle of the field. It was over on the catch. It’s little solace the Jets were later fined for tripping the only Bill who may have made the tackle. 

Our Defense deserved to win despite surrendering another mind-numbing long TD run. Bernard, Benford, Rousseau and Leonard Floyd played well and Tre White can’t be faulted for the TD catch. Milano was his usual All Pro self! Taylor Rapp wasn’t visible and Hyde and Poyer were something less than stellar. Overall, with our ‘new’ DC, they played well together.

The ‘RAAaaaidas’ have Jimmy G, DeVonte Adams, Max Crosby & Josh Jacobs, but little else. Yes, they beat the Broncos, but Chandler Jones and Jacobi Meyers are out with injuries today and the rest of the team is mostly comprised of unknowns and jags. By most accounts, this should be a ‘Get Right’ game for us and we need it to be! 
September Home games. Is there anything better? Get the grill going, the tarp up and crack open a cold one!

Enjoy the game!

Go BILLS!

https://x.com/buffalobills/status/1703083825260113973?s=61&t=s-bkdDXJMtQhYqbJSiNmsQ

https://x.com/toddjclausen/status/1703063101350834426?s=61&t=s-bkdDXJMtQhYqbJSiNmsQ

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 8

12 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

This should be pregame thread... Let's go Bills we need this one

Yes, but Draconiator set his alarm earlier just to be 1st, while adding no content and with disdain for Wall tradition.

whatareyagonnado?🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

WIVB-TV (Channel 4), the local CBS affiliate, is expected to be back on DirecTV in time today to carry the Buffalo Bills home opener against the Las Vegas Raiders at 1 p.m., as the satellite provider and Channel 4's and WNLO-TV’s owner, Nexstar, continue negotiations.

buffalonews.com

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

PSA: it has been claimed to me that if one replaces the 'x' with 'twitter', it will embed

This has not worked for me, but perhaps I am missing some magic ingredient

Edited by Beck Water

21 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yes, but Draconiator set his alarm earlier just to be 1st, while adding no content and with disdain for Wall tradition.

whatareyagonnado?🤷‍♂️

Draconator started his thread on Wednesday so it has pages and pages of game week discussion.

But, I'm all for changing tradition if it gets us the win!

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Simms is just salty that his "boy blue" with all that talent, misused it as he did last week.

But Simms doesn't get a pass on that account.  Fan card revocation confirmed.

• Simon pinned this topic
40 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

WIVB-TV (Channel 4), the local CBS affiliate, is expected to be back on DirecTV in time today to carry the Buffalo Bills home opener against the Las Vegas Raiders at 1 p.m., as the satellite provider and Channel 4's and WNLO-TV’s owner, Nexstar, continue negotiations.

buffalonews.com

Now I highly doubt that it matters, but if hamlin is inactive all year, does anyone think he's not going to be comeback player of the year?