Terry Pegula is ALLEGED to have said something very foul in the Jim Trotter lawsuit against the NFL

Roundybout

6 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I was simply responding to your post prior to mine, wherein you said,  “Trotter isn't really publicly declaring this.  It's buried in a suit…” To which I responded there is no such thing as burying something in a public filing where names this prominent are featured. 

Fair enough.  

The point also could be made that he didn't speak publicly when he first heard this indirectly about Pegula and directly from Jones.  He gave the NFL a chance to do something about it.  What they did was refuse to renew his contract.

52 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

And you would be wrong in Terry’s case. 

He started his company from scratch on the back of a $7,500.00 loan. Hardly the stuff of silver spoons and Vanderbilt type legacies…

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Pegula

Perhaps I heard incorrectly, but a number of years ago I read that his parents owned the land that he developed.  It's easy to get a loan to develop something concrete.  

Try starting a business with no collateral and needing loans.  HINT:  Good Luck  

That may be incorrect, but that's what I read somewhere.  

It's not all that important.  Point is that many wealthy people started with mom & dad's money or assets.  

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Fair enough.  

The point also could be made that he didn't speak publicly when he first heard this indirectly about Pegula and directly from Jones.  He gave the NFL a chance to do something about it.  What they did was refuse to renew his contract.

Yes that could be true as well.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Just from what I publicly know about Terry Pegula over the past 12 or so years... I cannot picture him saying something like that.  I remember him even putting out a statement going against Donald trump and getting behind Lesean McCoy.  The Bills allowed the players to do as they wanted during that whole thing.  

Maybe below the surface he could be slightly prejudiced.  Most white men that age seem to be susceptible to that (boomers)

“Most white men that age seem to be susceptible to that (boomers)”

SMFH think much.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

But you realize it won’t be the government asked to decide on the accuracy of those statements, right? It will be a 6-12 person civil jury made up of people like you and me…I would hope they are in fact bound by those presumptions, otherwise they don’t even need to hear any evidence (which in turn must pass basic rules of reliability/admissibility) first? Of course you’re entitled to your opinions, but I’m just asking the board at large to consider that what happens in the court of public opinion often turns out to be premature and just flat wrong after legal process has wrapped. 

Having served on a jury a couple years ago, I would be very concerned to have my future determined by a group of “my peers”.   In jury deliberations, discussing the believability of a young female witness, a fellow juror actually said this:

”I raised 2 daughters and I could tell if they were lying or not.  They wouldn’t lie to me anyways. “

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Having served on a jury a couple years ago, I would be very concerned to have my future determined by a group of “my peers”.   In jury deliberations, discussing the believability of a young female witness, a fellow juror actually said this:

”I raised 2 daughters and I could tell if they were lying or not.  They wouldn’t lie to me anyways. “

I know exactly when my daughter’s lying. Anytime she’s talking. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

For the record, I wouldn't care if he said exactly what was stated in the complaint.  That falls into one of those "true things that we're not supposed to say out loud" category, and I just can't bring myself to worry about stuff like that.

There are a lot people on here who are going to rip you to pieces over that statement. Something tells me you don’t care about that. 👍

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

But you realize it won’t be the government asked to decide on the accuracy of those statements, right? It will be a 6-12 person civil jury made up of people like you and me…I would hope they are in fact bound by those presumptions, otherwise they don’t even need to hear any evidence (which in turn must pass basic rules of reliability/admissibility) first? Of course you’re entitled to your opinions, but I’m just asking the board at large to consider that what happens in the court of public opinion often turns out to be premature and just flat wrong after legal process has wrapped. 

Pegula isn't party to the suit.  

A jury will be asked to decide if the NFL retaliated (I guess?) against Trotter and backed out of some verbal deal to renew his contract based on what he asked Goodell multiple times in public (NOT related to Pegula comments).

Not sure why everyone keeps assuming otherwise.

Doesn't matter fort Pegula anyway--the plaintiff will be deposed under oath, Pegs never will.  He can simply deny he said it as he has and no one will challenge him legally.  People will believe him or not.  He faces no consequences for denying if he actually said it.  What else would he do?

• Like (+1) 1

This is insane.  The title of this must be changed. Pegula was not "Quoted".  A proper heading would be Trotter lawsuit ALLEGES racist comments by Terry Pegula. 

This title is so misleading 80% of the posters in this thread don't seem to know, after investigation, this allegation is debunked. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

For the record, I wouldn't care if he said exactly what was stated in the complaint.  That falls into one of those "true things that we're not supposed to say out loud" category, and I just can't bring myself to worry about stuff like that.

Congratulations, you are a racist.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

This is insane.  The title of this must be changed. Pegula was not "Quoted".  A proper heading would be Trotter lawsuit ALLEGES racist comments by Terry Pegula. 

This title is so misleading 80% of the posters in this thread don't seem to know, after investigation, this allegation is debunked. 

there already was an NFL investigation...yet here we are...

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Here’s a true thing you’re not supposed to say out loud: Not all Bills fans are decent human beings. Some are troglodytes, such as yourself.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, Chaos said:

An NFL investigation clearing one of its owners doesn't exactly move the needle for me.  I don't know what was said, but it's a weird lie for the other reporter to make up.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Go back to Africa is okay? 99% of the players are Americans, and multiple generations were born here too. Sad. 

That said, i don’t know if he said it. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BillsFanSD said:

I would pay money to see you say that to Von Miller or Dion Dawkins. But you’re a coward so you won’t.

there used to be a thought out there that there were a bunch of garbage racist bills fans. This thread is fishing them out. 

and I don’t think Pegula said this. But it’s hilarious that the people who think they are superior to other races are normally the worst examples of their race. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rico said:

I do hope that Trotter can provide clear and indisputable proof that Pegs said this. 

If he can’t, may the NFL/Pegs squish this cockroach into the ground.

There’s nothing to squish. The context is “My colleague told me this. I reported it. Nobody ever followed up with me I asked Goodell about other DEI initiatives. Now I’ve lost my job after being told I’d be getting a new contract”.

Trotter isn’t using this to throw Pegs under the bus. He’s saying the league didn’t even bother looking into this or Jerry Jones and bringing it up cost him his job. Which if true, is a big deal for any large corporation.  

This isn’t a hit piece on Pegula. Or at least not intentionally. 

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I would pay money to see you say that to Von Miller or Dion Dawkins. But you’re a coward so you won’t.

there used to be a thought out there that there were a bunch of garbage racist bills fans. This thread is fishing them out. 

and I don’t think Pegula said this. But it’s hilarious that the people who think they are superior to other races are normally the worst examples of their race. 

The See who reacted button shows you which POS to put on mute.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Yes. Denial on the Bills X account.

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Yes, nearly immediately too. Seemed like 10 minutes after this thread went up. 

Thanks.  I didn't see a link to it/image of it in the thread.

34 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Congratulations, you are a racist.

Why? Would anyone be better off in Africa?

He shouldn’t have said it (he probably didn’t as another poster pointed out it’s alleged) as the implication is that black Americans are African. They may be descended from there but there Americans. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.