Terry Pegula is ALLEGED to have said something very foul in the Jim Trotter lawsuit against the NFL

Roundybout

15 minutes ago, Phils n Bills said:

I have prejudices against people that chew their food way too loudly, use speakerphone in public, and wait until the very last second to merge when a lane ends

As does most of WNY.  It's called "zippering" and it is the most efficient way to funnel cars through a lane reduction when there is traffic.  The aversion to allowing people to zipper or, frankly, do anything other than painfully shove cars into a single-file line more quickly than necessary might be the worst feature of driving in this area.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He didn't tell the players to go back to Korea....

No but he's being portrayed as a racist.  Typically racists aren't selective over finding other races inferior.  Their very nature has them believing their own race is superior to any others.  And frankly I don't believe Terry ever said any such thing so he didn't tell the players to go back to Africa either. 

• Agree 1

so trotter is saying that he (trotter) heard some person (nfl reporter) say in a zoom call that pegula said this?

is there (according to the article or whatever) a recording of this call, the name of the person who said they heard pegula, or any details of when/where pegula said this?

i've got to think if an nfl reporter heard pegula say that, especially in like summer of 2020, it woulda come out, no?

also, is there a requirement for trotter to disclose who he heard this from, and when/where the call was?

• Like (+1) 1

I have no idea if Pegula said this or didn't.  Plus I have no personal knowledge of, or experience with him.

If he did, it's despicable.

If he didn't, it's a despicable lie.

Having said that, it is true that some older people start to lose their filters. ( Ask anyone who has lots of experience with seniors ).

And while I am not trying to add fuel to the fire, I wish somebody could be more definitive about Leslie Frazier's  leaving the team.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why didn’t you use GMs/ coaches to make your point? 

are you saying the only way to get more minority representation is to own a team? 

Can I ask why you think there is over representation of minorities (edit to add playing) in the NFL? I feel like that would go a long way towards realizing why there is a mismatch here.

Edited by What a Tuel

Just now, colin said:

so trotter is saying that he (trotter) heard some person (nfl reporter) say in a zoom call that pegula said this?

is there (according to the article or whatever) a recording of this call, the name of the person who said they heard pegula, or any details of when/where pegula said this?

i've got to think if an nfl reporter heard pegula say that, especially in like summer of 2020, it woulda come out, no?

also, is there a requirement for trotter to disclose who he heard this from, and when/where the call was?

I'm guessing all those questions will have to be answered, but that it's going to take a long-assed time.

25 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Okay, so this is third-hand information? That definitely changes things.

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

No he didn't. A reporter quoted the 'comment' to the room, it wasn't Pegula himself.

I re read it and I think this is right. The first time I read it I interpreted it as the owner was on the zoom. 

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

NFL Players, GM’s coaches and owners typically have completely different populations that they originate from. 

Something like half% of nhl players are Canadian… are half of the nhl owners? 

"Canadian" is not typically described as a race. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Why didn’t you use GMs/ coaches to make your point? 

are you saying the only way to get more minority representation is to own a team? 

Nope, I’m asking why this proportionality standard makes any sense. 

there are woman owners and execs in the nfl, but 0% of the players are… the proportionality argument is completely inconsistent and only invoked when convenient.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, colin said:

No. That would come out in discovery/depos, which would be some time down the line from the initial Complaint.

1 minute ago, colin said:

It was a call full of people who worked for nfl.com and/or the NFL Network. The nature of the complaint is that Trotter reported this to his employer (The NFL) and they didn't allow him to pursue the story. 

3 minutes ago, Avisan said:

As does most of WNY.  It's called "zippering" and it is the most efficient way to funnel cars through a lane reduction when there is traffic.  The aversion to allowing people to zipper or, frankly, do anything other than painfully shove cars into a single-file line more quickly than necessary might be the worst feature of driving in this area.

I always knew Zippering as a painful and unfortunate catching of the winky when done using a urinal.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.