Terry Pegula is ALLEGED to have said something very foul in the Jim Trotter lawsuit against the NFL

Roundybout

8 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

The man is so racist that he married an Asian woman and had a bunch of interracial children.

It's an ignorant statement but I'd say let's wait for the details to come out before running him out of town.

To be fair...

Not being racist toward people of Asian descent does not mean that he can't be racist toward black people.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

it's true though for any race. Go back to Russia, El Salvador etc if it's so bad here 🤷‍♂️

I mean...the people he's referring to were BORN here, as were -- most likely -- their parents and grandparents and great grandparents. But sure.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Logic said:

To be fair...

Not being racist toward people of Asian descent does not mean that he can't be racist toward black people.

True but I'm saying his actions speak louder than (possibly made up) words. It's a lawsuit and this guy could be crying racist to get the NFL to pay up to make it go away

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

The man is so racist that he married an Asian woman and had a bunch of interracial children.

It's an ignorant statement but I'd say let's wait for the details to come out before running him out of town.

I mean, that doesn't mean anything. You can feel one way about Asian Americans and simultaneously feel a completely different way about Black Americans. 

• Like (+1) 1

A lot of racist have the mindset - I like some black people, some asian people, etc. Its just the XYZ type that piss me off that I dont like. Its basically, behave like you are told and I dont have a problem with you. Act like a "" and get out of here. I have brought this up on the past and was told I am clueless. Had a billion thumbs down etc. It could be a problem. I hope we dont have a blow up like in Wash, AZ or the Clippers, etc. 

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2023/6/7/23751500/buffalo-bills-co-owner-terry-pegula-chokes-back-tears-remembering-jefferson-tops-shooting-victims

During his speech, in which he said that he wanted to fill the new stadium with more memories and continue a legacy, Pegula took several minutes to pay homage to the victims of a racially motivated mass shooting on May 14, 2022 that took the lives of ten people at the Jefferson Avenue Tops Friendly Supermarket on Buffalo’s east side.

“But we also remember other heroes in Buffalo who deserve to be mentioned,” Pegula choked out between tears.

The owner of the Buffalo Bills then took time to read the names of each of the ten victims who lost their lives — those who never returned home to loved ones — among the 13 who were direct targets of gun violence last May.

Celestine Chaney, 65
Roberta Drury, 32
Andre Mackneil, 53
Katherine “Kat” Massey, 72
Margus Morrison, 52
Heyward Patterson, 67
Aaron Salter Jr., 55
Geraldine Talley, 62
Ruth Whitfield, 86
Pearl Young, 77

----

This does not sound like a racist man

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I mean...the people he's referring to were BORN here, as were -- most likely -- their parents and grandparents and great grandparents. But sure.

Thanks, I was refusing to respond to those posts

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

This sounds like a bunch of BS. A guy with an axe to grind, making isht up to try and win a lawsuit.

I'll believe him when I hear the tape of Pegula saying that.

Why would he pick Pegula to bring down? If he wanted to bring down the NFL, he would make up a story about the Bills' owner?

I really want to think the allegation is BS... but to include the quotes from two of the richest men in sports in a sworn statement, which would certainly lead to financial ruin in defamation counter-suits... makes me very worried that the claims have merit.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Until there is proof I am siding with Terry. Like I mentioned before Trotter has been after the NFL for a long time. 

This type of allegation can destroy a person's life, family etc. You don't just accept it with zero evidence. 

If true we have a major problem and it's needs to be dealt with. Right now we don't know that it is. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I mean, what else would he say either way?

He could say nothing. He could say that his comments were not attributed appropriately. He could say he said it. 

In the end he categorically denies he ever said it. Why don't you put the same inquisition into the accusers remarks? The guy is suing the league for discrimination, what else would he say besides the owners are saying racist stuff?

Edited by What a Tuel

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not for nothing, the Wigdor law firm has a history of being accused of putting reckless and unsubstantiated allegations into a Complaint (and then immediately publicizing them).  Google Leon Black's lawsuit against Wigdor.

how not to win allies in the debate over Racial Justice. 

Just now, appoo said:

Look up. Some people are agreeing with the sentiment. There;s also context he could add that for many people would make it more acceptable. He didn't try any of that. 

If it's not his quote, of course he would denounce it. And if it is his quote the FIRST rule of business is to deny deny deny. I'm just saying it's a meaningless statement that was likely made by a PR department. 

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

He could say nothing. He could say that his comments were not attributed appropriately. He could say he said it. 

In the end he categorically denies he ever said it. Why don't you put the same inquisition into the accusers remarks? The guy is suing the league for discrimination, what else would he say besides the owners are saying racist stuff?

Well, one person is saying something in what appears to be a sworn statement. The other over social media. I know which avenue holds more merit. Do you? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.