Bills linked to Jason Peters

DJB

It would make me feel better. The future 1st ballot HOFer still amazingly has some left in the tank and he should have never, ever, ever left here in the first place. 

Love both Rick and Ryan Bates, but they need to surrender that number if Peters signs here. (Kidding, kind of).

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

There was an article written 22 hours ago speculating if the Bills should be interested in Peters, who recently said he wants to play in 2023.

That is likely the “linked” connection. Rumor based off guessing, we must still be in April. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

🥱 rumor mill churning out content, 

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I know you’re joking but he did grade well last year and he played for only a bit over a million dollars.

Would be an intriguing option at RT.

this.

Give me a 100 year old Peters at RT over Spencer Brown.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Only if he has a new agent

Yeah there was an audible sigh of relief on TSW when Eugene Parker punched out back in 2016.   He sure ran circles around the clown show of a front office the Bills had back in the day.........exposing the lack of commitment to winning that was the drought era Ralph C Wilson, Jeffrey Littman and Russ Brandon Bills .     

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I know you’re joking but he did grade well last year and he played for only a bit over a million dollars.

Would be an intriguing option at RT.

He's played well every year and he's been bouncing around on very cheap 1 year deals for years now.    They should have brought him in long ago.  One of the greatest tackles in NFL history and unbeknownst to most Bills fans, who got sucked into his Bills era contract saga,  he has been a tremendous leader and mentor for young teammates.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Peters played on a 1 year, $2M contract last season. Some of that was in active roster bonuses and he wound up making $1.8M. I know he’s ancient at 41, but I’d sign him for that today. 

This. If anything he’d be a vet that could step into either T spot. Would help out the young kids. And you would get him for the price you saved by Shell retiring. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He's played well every year and he's been bouncing around on very cheap 1 year deals for years now.    They should have brought him in long ago.  One of the greatest tackles in NFL history and unbeknownst to most Bills fans, who got sucked into his Bills era contract saga,  he has been a tremendous leader and mentor for young teammates.  

Agreed.

57 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Only if he has a new agent

The agent he had when with Bills is not working in Hell recruiting.

48 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Peters played on a 1 year, $2M contract last season. Some of that was in active roster bonuses and he wound up making $1.8M. I know he’s ancient at 41, but I’d sign him for that today. 

He is trying to break T*m Br*dy's record years playing for a non-kicker.

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As he played last season , I would be in favor of bringing him in even if for insurance and mentorship. 

But question for you - do you think he can play RT? If he can, it is able absolutely must-do given Brown's questionable skill and nagging health issues. 

16 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Oh, I’d bring him in on a $2 million deal. I just don’t think that he would agree to sign with us.

Why wouldn't he come? There are no remnants from the time when he departed the Bills

6 minutes ago, zevo said:

I would absolutely love this. right this wrong from years ago.

It will be a sweet story if he retired after willing a Superbowl with the team that drafted him 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.