Hard Knocks Jets

stevewin

Ep 2

- Nice to see the Rodgers infomercial continue

- Saleh's punchable face quotient rising (if that's possible)

- Every time I see Hackett first thought is "clown show"

- Wow Bryce looks like a little kid

- Nice peek at joint practice into how things will go once the pressure starts coming

- Let's hope their season goes as bad as their rookie show

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

tolerated episode number two

I just got this feeling that the Jets are totally going to implode their head. Coach is beaming with pride over a preseason win.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

How come when the Jets are good they’re so annoying? Is it that little brother energy? 

We don’t know that they’re actually good yet

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

ESPN, of all outlets, threw up a tantalizing infographic (highlighting a VERY SMALL sample size). Unfortunately, I'm suddenly unable to recall exact parameters, but it went something like this: 

Last/only three teams to add in one offseason two offensive skill players with four or more pro bowl appearances (possibly over a controlled/recent span).

Team Acquisitions Outcome
2023 Jets Rodgers, Cook tbd
2020 Bucs Brady, Brown Won SB
??? ??? (very frustrating) Won SB

Probably kind of easy to identify the 3rd team that did it (minus my brain fart)...maybe the Rams with Stafford and Beckham?

The surest way to know that Saleh is never going to amount to a great head coach was on full display in episode 2 with his bravado and being so overjoyed and cocky about a meaningless 27-0 pre season win. The Jets feel to me like a team that will hang a banner after each win they get. They should be embarrassed on how they are being portrayed on hard knocks. 

5 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

ESPN, of all outlets, threw up a tantalizing infographic (highlighting a VERY SMALL sample size). Unfortunately, I'm suddenly unable to recall exact parameters, but it went something like this: 

Last/only three teams to add in one offseason two offensive skill players with four or more pro bowl appearances (possibly over a controlled/recent span).

Team Acquisitions Outcome
2023 Jets Rodgers, Cook tbd
2020 Bucs Brady, Brown Won SB
??? ??? (very frustrating) Won SB

Probably kind of easy to identify the 3rd team that did it (minus my brain fart)...maybe the Rams with Stafford and Beckham?

I assume it was Manning and....?  

This model has worked a few times...so we can't dismiss it. 

10 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Finally watched Ep1.  The Jets have a talented roster but MY GOODNESS the douche factor on that team is through the roof.  Rodgers sounds like he’s doing a bit - am I crazy or is he doing some kind of southern cowboy accent on the show?  This whole “grizzled gunslinger mentor” routine is a total put-on.  And Saleh comes across as a complete meathead phony, that eagle/crow speech made absolutely no sense at all and the sad part is he clearly wrote and practiced it for the show.  And Zach Wilson somehow comes across as younger than he looks, and he looks 16.  That guy is lightyears away.

This year’s Jets season will be fascinating.  Rodgers is clearly seeking and embracing the spotlight and I am so beyond skeptical he has thick enough skin for what he has gotten himself into.

Popcorn is popped.

I completely agree on Saleh.  That speech sounded fake.  And what a poor speaker that man is.  I expected to be impressed by his leadership skills.  Completely opposite result. He  sounds like a phony.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

How come when the Jets are good they’re so annoying? Is it that little brother energy? 

They're still trash!! All hype

42 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I completely agree on Saleh.  That speech sounded fake.  And what a poor speaker that man is.  I expected to be impressed by his leadership skills.  Completely opposite result. He  sounds like a phony.  

Big conversation on NYC sports radio is about his leadership,  or lack of. Most Jet fans n hosts feel he'll be fired after season and he's not the "alpha" in the locker room. 

Our DL should dominate them week 1. Their ol is in shambles

18 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

They're still trash!! All hype

Big conversation on NYC sports radio is about his leadership,  or lack of. Most Jet fans n hosts feel he'll be fired after season and he's not the "alpha" in the locker room. 

Our DL should dominate them week 1. Their ol is in shambles

Their DL will probably dominate our OL

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Difference is here is Allen can run to avoid the rush. 39-year-old Rodgers with two strained calf's is dead meat. 

Week 1 vs. Bills: "Rodgers is back! The Jets are a real contender."

Week 11 at Bills: "And the 39 year old hobbled Rodgers is no match for the 34 year old rejuvenated Von."

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Difference is here is Allen can run to avoid the rush. 39-year-old Rodgers with two strained calf's is dead meat. 

Correct but Jets got to Allen last year and also injured his elbow. You can't avoid the rush every play

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Week 1 vs. Bills: "Rodgers is back! The Jets are a real contender."

Week 11 at Bills: "And the 39 year old hobbled Rodgers is no match for the 34 year old rejuvenated Von."

I think the Bills win week 1. It won't be easy but Rodgers first game adjusting to a new OL and new teammates overall I could see them struggling here. The Bills offense will also have its hands full as well. I see a 20-17 type of game. 

4 hours ago, Gregg said:

I think the Bills win week 1. It won't be easy but Rodgers first game adjusting to a new OL and new teammates overall I could see them struggling here. The Bills offense will also have its hands full as well. I see a 20-17 type of game. 

Agree. The Bills team is more settled-in than the Jets. With that said, can anyone imagine what the Jets fans (and media) will be like if the Jets win? OMG! I won't be able to turn on a single sports show all week. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, stevewin said:

Ep 2

- Nice to see the Rodgers infomercial continue

- Saleh's punchable face quotient rising (if that's possible)

- Every time I see Hackett first thought is "clown show"

- Wow Bryce looks like a little kid

- Nice peek at joint practice into how things will go once the pressure starts coming

- Let's hope their season goes as bad as their rookie show

This isn't even about the Bills, and you still got an eyeroll from Airseven... you must be doing something right

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I’m listening to OBL, and at the joint practice with the Bucs on 10 drop backs, Rodgers was reportedly sacked 6 times and the other 4 were quick dump off passes.

If Von hears this one, he’s going to chomp at the bit to ensure he’s not on pup week1.  He’ll have a field day on 9/11.  Groot will as well.

18 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m listening to OBL, and at the joint practice with the Bucs on 10 drop backs, Rodgers was reportedly sacked 6 times and the other 4 were quick dump off passes.

If Von hears this one, he’s going to chomp at the bit to ensure he’s not on pup week1.  He’ll have a field day on 9/11.  Groot will as well.

Did they mention that AVT and Tomlinson are not practicing? O-Line is definitely an area of concern, but its up to the coaching staff and Rodgers to make adjustments, if they cant do that then we deserve to have a ***** season. All they can do is play the games soon. Good luck this season Bills fans! Should be an exciting season. Here's to no injuries!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Did they mention that AVT and Tomlinson are not practicing? O-Line is definitely an area of concern, but its up to the coaching staff and Rodgers to make adjustments, if they cant do that then we deserve to have a ***** season. All they can do is play the games soon. Good luck this season Bills fans! Should be an exciting season. Here's to no injuries on the field!!!

Fixed that for you.  Injuries in the parking lot are another matter entirely and we will have to agree to disagree.

Don't you dare try to take away our table jumping and self-immolation!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Did they mention that AVT and Tomlinson are not practicing? O-Line is definitely an area of concern, but its up to the coaching staff and Rodgers to make adjustments, if they cant do that then we deserve to have a ***** season. All they can do is play the games soon. Good luck this season Bills fans! Should be an exciting season. Here's to no injuries!!!

What I like about you Green is you seem fair to Bills fans, are honest you’re a Jets fan unlike some people, and you guys should have a good season.  The Jets are the only AFCE team I don’t loathe.  

Just do me a favor and bury the Fish and Cheats as you have the defense to do it.  I only think we’ll win game 1 as Rodgers historically doesn’t fare as well week 1 of several seasons, he’s still trying to get the offense to gel, but the defense will get you through the early games.  I just see the Bills offense humming week 1.  There a lot of continuity on our offense and we’ve been historically under Allen a top 3 offense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

What I like about you Green is you seem fair to Bills fans, are honest you’re a Jets fan unlike some people, and you guys should have a good season.  The Jets are the only AFCE team I don’t loathe.  

Just do me a favor and bury the Fish and Cheats as you have the defense to do it.  I only think we’ll win game 1 as Rodgers historically doesn’t fare as well week 1 of several seasons, he’s still trying to get the offense to gel, but the defense will get you through the early games.  I just see the Bills offense humming week 1.  There a lot of continuity on our offense and we’ve been historically under Allen a top 3 offense.

I hate them more than the Fins and Pats. I live in NJ, so I have to deal with their fanbase. Not too many Fins and Pats fans here in Jersey. I think we win week 1 as well but I don't see our offense humming. I see it as a 20-17 type of game. Their defense is really good.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

How about this speech?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38199955/hard-knocks-2023-week-2-episode-recap-saleh-rodgers

"Offense, it was our first f---ing opportunity to change the stink that's been in this organization for a very long time on the offensive side of the ball," he screamed midway through the episode, which aired Tuesday night on HBO. "You can have a Hall of Fame quarterback, you can have two $10 million-plus receivers, you can have a reigning Offensive Rookie of the Year, you can have all kinds of skill in the running back room. None of it f---ing matters until the big boys up front change who the f--- we are."

"We proved last year that we're a 7-10 football team with a really f---ing good defense and a mediocre offense," he told the team. "That's what we proved. Flip that f---ing s---!"

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gregg said:

I hate them more than the Fins and Pats. I live in NJ, so I have to deal with their fanbase. Not too many Fins and Pats fans here in Jersey. I think we win week 1 as well but I don't see our offense humming. I see it as a 20-17 type of game. Their defense is really good.

I hear you Gregg.  I don’t think we’ll light them up like 35-17, or anything like that, but Im confident we can achieve 24-17 as we improved in the facets on offense needing improvement and we were 13-3 last year and another year of the #2 scoring offense.

I absolutely agree their defense is sharp, but we most likely will have a tough defense as well.  If by some miracle Von is ready even for a pitch count, will devastate their O Line.  Floyd, Groot, and Von even if just part of the time will be solid.  He was younger, but came back even faster last time from the ACL.

Even if he starts on PUP, Dalvin is going to have a tough time against Daquan, Settle, Jordan, Poona, and Oliver.

• Like (+1) 2

OK!

I mean, if the issue is your OL starters are in the training room or out, what exactly is the coach pitching an f-bomb laden fit gonna accomplish, exactly?  The starters will either come back and "gel" and get better, or ....

Oh, and if that wasn't enough, apparently a player altercation took out the Jets DB coach:

Back to the OL:

I'm sure Salah will watch the film, and then send the O-line a Strongly Worded Letter.

Edited by Beck Water

28 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Bro, im a fan and i loathe the Jets, hate them as much as you want! 

• Haha (+1) 6

Finally got around to watching Ep 1 today. Read through the thread and agree with lots of the thoughts shared here. A few of my own:

- The first 10 minutes were an absolute Rodgers wank-fest. Kept picturing legions of Jets fans in their mom's basement watching this episode with their pants around their ankles...not a pretty site.

- Sauce Gardner & Garret Wilson came across as genuine, level-headed solid kids, but man are they skinny. I wish they were on our team.

- Zach Wilson came across better than I expected. Humbled by his first two years and working hard. That said, still has an eminently punchable face.

- Aaron was Aaron...Cali cool, aloof.

- Salah...ooh boy...just not much there.

- Hackett. Not much to say yet, but AR's "Sean Payton" comment was gold.

Just watched episode 1 and it's such a strange dynamic.  Just the way the team praises Rodgers is overboard. 

They talk about him like he's God and just his presence will get them playoffs/SB. Very odd and I see it crumbling. 

I get a completely different vibe from this Bills team. We're like sharks, very hungry but humble,   they're a bit cocky and just happy to be relevant. 

13 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Just watched episode 1 and it's such a strange dynamic.  Just the way the team praises Rodgers is overboard. 

They talk about him like he's God and just his presence will get them playoffs/SB. Very odd and I see it crumbling. 

I get a completely different vibe from this Bills team. We're like sharks, very hungry but humble,   they're a bit cocky and just happy to be relevant. 

In Ep 2 Rodgers comes off complaining that a certain play doesn't work out of a certain formation and they showed a shot of Saleh who looked like a little scolded schoolboy.  It may just be editing, but they make is seem like Rodgers is the alpha over everyone including the head coach.  Sometimes Saleh and other coaches come off as giddy fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I’d like to know how mentalists do much of their tricks. I’ve seen some stuff about how they’ll plant “suggestions” all throughout a space (like posting the number 10 all over a facility), but they hit on this stuff far too often to depend on a person coming forward with the number (or thing) the mentalist planted. They’d be accused of sorcery in the olden days. 

On 8/16/2023 at 5:36 PM, DD4Bills said:

Finally got around to watching Ep 1 today. Read through the thread and agree with lots of the thoughts shared here. A few of my own:

- The first 10 minutes were an absolute Rodgers wank-fest. Kept picturing legions of Jets fans in their mom's basement watching this episode with their pants around their ankles...not a pretty site.

- Sauce Gardner & Garret Wilson came across as genuine, level-headed solid kids, but man are they skinny. I wish they were on our team.

- Zach Wilson came across better than I expected. Humbled by his first two years and working hard. That said, still has an eminently punchable face.

- Aaron was Aaron...Cali cool, aloof.

- Salah...ooh boy...just not much there.

- Hackett. Not much to say yet, but AR's "Sean Payton" comment was gold.

What do you expect? People here touch themselves whenever Allen does anything

On 8/16/2023 at 5:00 PM, Beck Water said:

Saleh is not a leader and not much of a head coach in my opinion.  My bet is that at some point this year that will show itself and the Jets will end up badly underperforming to the mighty expectations being set for them.  

On 8/16/2023 at 4:02 PM, machine gun kelly said:

I hear you Gregg.  I don’t think we’ll light them up like 35-17, or anything like that, but Im confident we can achieve 24-17 as we improved in the facets on offense needing improvement and we were 13-3 last year and another year of the #2 scoring offense.

I absolutely agree their defense is sharp, but we most likely will have a tough defense as well.  If by some miracle Von is ready even for a pitch count, will devastate their O Line.  Floyd, Groot, and Von even if just part of the time will be solid.  He was younger, but came back even faster last time from the ACL.

Even if he starts on PUP, Dalvin is going to have a tough time against Daquan, Settle, Jordan, Poona, and Oliver.

Dalvin actually owes some $ to the Bills with his big contract, that 80 yard run we gifted him last year was a joke, we bearly touched him.

After watching episode 2, that team has zero winning culture and lacks leadership imo. Compared to Buf , we have a huge core of leaders, really feels like family.  The Jets look the opposite 

Just can't see them coming into Buf KC etc in a big game and doing damage. Their 1st rd pick playing into 2nd half?

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 1

On 8/16/2023 at 4:47 PM, JerseyBills said:

Well, couple if things if your take on the dynamic is correct.

First is, if Rodgers is their bright new shiny whose presence will lift them to the playoffs, what happens if he falters as he did at times last season?  Rodgers had 5 games where he passed for less than 200 yards last season, no games where he passed for more than 300 yards, and in the game where he came closest (291 yds in a loss to Detroit) he threw 3 interceptions. 

Second is, if Rodgers is like a God and the coaches are looking up to him, what if he needs some hard coaching or a kick in the butt?  Who kicks God in the butt?

• Agree 1

The Rodgers experiment in NJ will either go great or it'll be an unmitigated disaster. I don't see an in between case.

I think Rodgers is going to be very good there. 

As far as trading for Bahktiari I just don't see the point. They guy is never healthy and if he manages to get through a game he's out the next 8 weeks. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.