Hard Knocks Jets

stevewin

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well, couple if things if your take on the dynamic is correct.

First is, if Rodgers is their bright new shiny whose presence will lift them to the playoffs, what happens if he falters as he did at times last season?  Rodgers had 5 games where he passed for less than 200 yards last season, no games where he passed for more than 300 yards, and in the game where he came closest (291 yds in a loss to Detroit) he threw 3 interceptions. 

Second is, if Rodgers is like a God and the coaches are looking up to him, what if he needs some hard coaching or a kick in the butt?  Who kicks God in the butt?

Packers offensive line last year was likely significantly better than the jets will be this year too…I think Aaron might get frustrated pretty quickly.  Oline depth is gonna haunt the dolphins,jets, and bills but I’ve got a lot more faith in josh to overcome it.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The Rodgers experiment in NJ will either go great or it'll be an unmitigated disaster. I don't see an in between case.

I think Rodgers is going to be very good there. 

As far as trading for Bahktiari I just don't see the point. They guy is never healthy and if he manages to get through a game he's out the next 8 weeks. 

I see it the same. I think they will also have a good season. Like the Bills and Dolphins played 3 times last year. I could see the same thing happening between the Bills and Jets this year.

40 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

That mentalist guy was amazing 

I’ve gone to a mentalist show and the guy explained about the power of suggestion, but it still doesn’t completely explain how they do what they do. You can drill a number or something into someone’s head over and over, but that doesn’t mean they’ll definitely choose it when asked. I’ve never seen these guys get it wrong either, so there’s something more there. Also, there’s too much chance involved, like when the player wiped half the cards out with his arm, settled on two cards that were still on the table, then randomly picked one. That has nothing to do with suggestion. I don’t know how they do it, it’s more mystifying than magicians in my opinion. 

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Well, couple if things if your take on the dynamic is correct.

First is, if Rodgers is their bright new shiny whose presence will lift them to the playoffs, what happens if he falters as he did at times last season?  Rodgers had 5 games where he passed for less than 200 yards last season, no games where he passed for more than 300 yards, and in the game where he came closest (291 yds in a loss to Detroit) he threw 3 interceptions. 

Second is, if Rodgers is like a God and the coaches are looking up to him, what if he needs some hard coaching or a kick in the butt?  Who kicks God in the butt?

Well said!!

I had him in my main fantasy league, we do live draft and everything. 12 ppl 250 buy in .   He was atrocious , Terrible, especially at start of season . Benched him for Lawrence by week 10.. If he was younger,  it'd be an outlier, but I see  similar results this year, he's definitely on a bit of a decline.  And with this OL, it could be even worse

Episode 2 was...not that great either. The magician they brought in though, he was pretty good.

Rogers is a pissant. You watch that guy talk, and it's all sarcasm, snark, or him simply ignoring people when he's done with a conversation. This guys living proof of the difference between a phenomenal talent and a leader. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Definitely a boring season. I went in with an open mind, but I can barely make it through 20 minutes before taking a break. I’ve lost a lot of respect for Saleh as a coach. He just is not that good or motivational. Dan Campbell from last season was a much better people person type of coach. 

That being said, the Jets could be some competition this year. Their O-line and immobile QB will bring them down IMO. Not a very good combination. Outside of those positions, they have a solid roster. 

Edited by PetermansRedemption

On 8/16/2023 at 6:04 PM, stevewin said:

In Ep 2 Rodgers comes off complaining that a certain play doesn't work out of a certain formation and they showed a shot of Saleh who looked like a little scolded schoolboy.  It may just be editing, but they make is seem like Rodgers is the alpha over everyone including the head coach.  Sometimes Saleh and other coaches come off as giddy fans.

Because Rodgers is the Alpha there, what the f**k has Saleh accomplished to be seen as the man in that building.

He can’t compete with an all time great QB, the best he can do is try to avoid looking like a fool in front of the rest of the team and hope Rodgers has gas left in the tank.

Ep 3

- Thought Cobb's comments to receivers about Rodgers was the most interesting part of the series so far - "It's all cool right now but I'm telling you one day he's gonna lose his sh!t"  "If he don't trust you he's not going to throw you the ball.  He does not like to throw interceotions - so if he can't trust you're going to run the right route he's not going to throw it"  

- Saleh's reading his Competitor speech off the monitor - nice editing to make it seem like everyone was taking notes and awestruck by this great orator of our time

- Woody takes his jacket off to show his chain - cringe

- Saleh 7 kids holy crap

- Rookie show do-over - cringe

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

Finally a couple likable players in Cobb and Smart. Their coaches come across as posers though, although it was a nice touch by the RB coach to meet Izzy’s family after the game. Glad to hear he escaped a more serious injury, too. 

Breece Hall, Dalvin Cook, Michael Carter, and Izzy A. Will the Jets keep all 4? If they cut their 5th rounder Izzy, he probably won’t make the practice squad. We have the same questions about Shorter in a crowded WR room. Pretty wild. 

Quinnen Williams is pretty svelte for a 300+ pound DT. More solid and thick than fat, how you’d like to see all your trench players. 

#10, the rookie Buccaneer WR who smoked Gardner in the opening minutes, runs a 4.33. Guy can scoot. I still believe Gardner won’t replicate the same success he had his rookie year, the bar is too high. I think he’s more likely to slump. With that said, Jets absolutely knocked it out of the park with their 2022 draft and now Breece Lightning is back. 

1 hour ago, QCity said:

Nate Hackett is trending because he came across as a complete goofball this week.

Dude is such a clown show.  It was nice of Rodgers to explain to him how offense works at the beginning though.  It really gives the impression they have no real competent OC - and Rodgers will just be drawing things on napkins on the sidelines all year.

Not sure what was more cringe - the chain thing I would have been embarassed to do for my son's pee wee team, or the Soprano's bit Saleh driving to stadium.

Here's hoping week 1 Kingsley Johnathon gets his hands on Rodgers and sets him off "I don't know who you are!" 😛

Edited by stevewin

On 8/9/2023 at 10:07 AM, PatsFanNH said:

First, you have to be miserable to be a Jets fan, it’s a requirement for admission. Lol 

Second I expect the Bills to blow the doors off of the Jets week 1. I see 4 INT with 1 returned for a pick 6.  The Bills shock the Jets and run all over them for almost 300 yards between cook, and Harris with Allen scrambling for like 40 yards.  Final score?

Bills 27

Jets 10

Rodgers hardly throws four interceptions in some whole seasons.  The Jets played the Bills even last year with Wilson and White starting for them.  Their D is for real.   I don't see a blowout for the Bills, but I'm a Jets fan so I would think that.

Edited by Bruce Harper

6 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Rodgers hardly throws four interceptions in some whole seasons.  The Jets played the Bills even last year with Wilson and Whit starting for them.  Their D is for real.   I don't see a blowout for the Bills, but I'm a Jets fan so I would think that.

Crap I have to agree with a jets fan. 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

Looking forward to the episode tonight!

I like Saleh man hes a funny guy. That rap song came on in practice that all the young players wanted to play hes like "oh you don't know about this, this is my *****!" Though that was funny. 

Edited by akcash

Funny usually after hard knocks you get some kind of sense of admiration for at least some of the players even if you don't like the team - didn't really get that at all.  Even with all the editing and straining to create storylines, my takeaway was not a real likable bunch - and Saleh is a tool.

Edited by stevewin

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

Funny usually after hard knocks you get some kind of sense of admiration for at least some of the players even if you don't like the team - didn't really get that at all.  Even with all the editing and straining to create storylines, my takeaway was not a real likable bunch - and Saleh is a tool.

I agree. Other than a few guys like Sauce, Smart, and Cobb imo, not a likable bunch. Especially their coaches, who I think will wilt under the pressure if they don’t win early on and I get the impression they will throw players under the bus if they don’t perform. Not publicly, but in the meeting rooms as we saw when Saleh called out the OLine in an earlier episode. I think all the pressure is on the Jets. All of it.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.