Hard Knocks Jets

stevewin

- What's the over on the number of times I need to see Hackett grab Rodger's a$$

- So much playing to the camera - and nice of Hard Knocks to make Hard Knocks such a big part of the story

- This is not making Saleh any more likeable to me

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

- What's the over on the number of times I need to see Hackett grab Rodger's a$$

- So much playing to the camera - and nice of Hard Knocks to make Hard Knocks such a big part of the story

Not watching "Hard Knocks"

Can you explain more about that last?  (Saleh not more likeable)

I suppose I've had a little soft spot for him ever since the Bills game where they did this to his SF defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I suppose I've had a little soft spot for him ever since the Bills game where they did this to his SF defense.

I find Saleh to be a blowhard meat head - first ep doesn't change that for me

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I know this is a Hard Knocks defense but dear god the offense is unrecognizable in this video.

• Like (+1) 1

That first episode was ALL Rodgers kool-aid, as expected. Cringe-worthy at times. However, I have to admit that, despite my more recent years-long annoyance at the private citizen's questionable information-literacy and smugness, while half-watching the 1st episode I was reminded somewhat of my previous (circa 2nd decade of this millennia) opinion that Aaron Rodgers was the obvious best QB in the NFL. The guy had built himself into the best thrower in the league imho. Really spun it better than the rest with that abbreviated 3/4 delivery (very different from his college mechanics, to be sure). And he had sneaky good movement. 

And here we see some evidence that Rodgers might be re-invigorated, and for sure that his ego must be newly defended/supported in this new chapter of his career. It is worthy of some concern. The guy is no joke on the field when he cares. 

My hope is that his tolerance for the violence of the game is diminishing, and that his ability to avoid that violence is now more about scuttling plays, throwing it away, and turtling, rather than escaping the pocket and creating off-schedule as he once did often. Gone I hope are the days of him stepping up in the pocket, then back, then up again before releasing the ball. He was a maestro for a while there. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

I know this is a Hard Knocks defense but dear god the offense is unrecognizable in this video.

Two noteworthy things from those offensive highlights: 1) Beasley's role was HUGE in keeping the offense on schedule when Diggs and Davis were taken away. And 2) McD going for it on 4th down early in the 4th quarter UP 10 points was also HUGE. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Saleh doesn’t come off as an extremely knowledgeable “x’s and o’s” guy in the episode, more of a hard core “players’ coach” and motivator. I don’t have a problem with him at all, and actually do kinda like him (besides the team he coaches.)

Hackett on the other hand…

I really hope the Bills kick their ass week 1 and not just for the obvious reasons. The media both local and national drooling all over them like they are the greatest thing ever. It would be nice to shove it right back in their faces. I will be there, and I want to see Jets fans miserable leaving MetLife.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I really hope the Bills kick their ass week 1 and not just for the obvious reasons. The media both local and national drooling all over them like they are the greatest thing ever. It would be nice to shove it right back in their faces. I will be there, and I want to see Jets fans miserable leaving MetLife.

They would be suicidal if the Bills still stomp them even with Rodgers. Jets fans are 100% convinced they are winning the Superbowl this year. It would be glorious to burst their bubble on MNF in front of the whole world

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Loved that game.  Allen was 32/40 80% 375 and 4 TD. Only 11 yds rushing but I loved it cause he took what the D gave.  Killed them underneath. He's unstoppable when playing that way

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

That first episode was ALL Rodgers kool-aid, as expected. Cringe-worthy at times. However, I have to admit that, despite my more recent years-long annoyance at the private citizen's questionable information-literacy and smugness, while half-watching the 1st episode I was reminded somewhat of my previous (circa 2nd decade of this millennia) opinion that Aaron Rodgers was the obvious best QB in the NFL. The guy had built himself into the best thrower in the league imho. Really spun it better than the rest with that abbreviated 3/4 delivery (very different from his college mechanics, to be sure). And he had sneaky good movement. 

And here we see some evidence that Rodgers might be re-invigorated, and for sure that his ego must be newly defended/supported in this new chapter of his career. It is worthy of some concern. The guy is no joke on the field when he cares. 

My hope is that his tolerance for the violence of the game is diminishing, and that his ability to avoid that violence is now more about scuttling plays, throwing it away, and turtling, rather than escaping the pocket and creating off-schedule as he once did often. Gone I hope are the days of him stepping up in the pocket, then back, then up again before releasing the ball. He was a maestro for a while there. 

This is the reason why I think the Jets and Rodgers start the season pretty well.  As the season goes on, the temps get colder, NYC light life active and the motivation to stick it to Green Bay starts declining....I think they crash at the end of the year like Miami last year.

8 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

It's called the "honeymoon phase."  And let's face it, Rodgers has only won one Super Bowl under pretty preferable circumstances...how many home playoff games did they come up short in as favorites?

He may be "invigorated" right now, but the Jests have a gauntlet to begin the season and lets revisit this topic in mid-October after they've faced the Bills, Cowboys, Pats***, Chiefs, Broncos, and Eagles.  I'll go on record right now that they'll be no better than 2-4.

Edit:  I just reviewed the Jests' schedule and I have them at either 8-9 or 9-8.  Missing the playoffs again.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

First, you have to be miserable to be a Jets fan, it’s a requirement for admission. Lol 

Second I expect the Bills to blow the doors off of the Jets week 1. I see 4 INT with 1 returned for a pick 6.  The Bills shock the Jets and run all over them for almost 300 yards between cook, and Harris with Allen scrambling for like 40 yards.  Final score?

Bills 27

Jets 10

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

It's going to be so much fun watching their season implode and that blustery bald meathead argue with the media. 

Saleh's ego has placed himself directly on the hot seat. If they fail this year...well Woody Johnson isn't known to be the most patient owner in sports. 

Saleh is definitely the fall guy if they fail this year. As for JD he might get another shot at it with a new HC. Many fans/media feel the Jets have a pretty good roster so maybe JD survives if things go south. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Saleh is definitely the fall guy if they fail this year. As for JD he might get another shot at it with a new HC. Many fans/media feel the Jets have a pretty good roster so maybe JD survives if things go south. 

I agree, yet hope you're wrong and they do a complete reboot. JD started out slow, but I think a lot of that had to do with Gase pulling the strings initially. Hate to give someone associated with the Jets credit, but he's done a really nice job. Starting with talking the Seahawks into giving up 2 1sts for Adams...and has built well off that.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I agree, yet hope you're wrong and they do a complete reboot. JD started out slow, but I think a lot of that had to do with Gase pulling the strings initially. Hate to give someone associated with the Jets credit, but he's done a really nice job. Starting with talking the Seahawks into giving up 2 1sts for Adams...and has built well off that.

That is why I think JD could survive another bad year. Their OL has issues like the Bills, but he did draft both the OROTY (Wilson) and DROTY (Sauce). He has done well in FA also. Their D is solid, and it will not be easy to score on them. Of course, the won/lost record is still bad. Maybe Johnson does clean house. I hope to find out as that means their season has gone in the toilet.

• Agree 1

I legitimately look forward to watching Hard Knocks every year. I tried to watch the first episode of this new season last night and ended up turning it off about 1/2 way through. It was just an Aaron Rodgers love fest. 🤮 I don’t know that I’ve ever seen any player get their ass kissed by hard knocks quite like that before.

It was also a pretty boring episode from what I watched.

I don’t know if I’m even going to be able to watch hard knocks this year if every episode is going to be like that.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, stevewin said:

Thank you for reminding me of this; I have not stumbled across it yet on HBO but am looking forward to it.

Show has gone on way too long.  Nothing riveting there.  Watching Aaron Rodgers and Zach Wilson throwing footballs in shorts.  Meh.  Saleh wants to be one of the guys.  Not a lot of intensity in today's NFL.  Show me some fights between O line and D line.  Maybe some Oklahoma drills.  It was fun watching the Jets get whupped in the second half of the HOF game by the Browns though.  

We will own them come September 11th.

that episode felt like they know the jets did not want to do this and nfl films met them halfway with just some aaron rodgers fluff stuff.  Big emphasis on rodgers being the great guy that is misunderstood.  

very little about the team and roster like past episodes of the show.  It felt like an advertisement or something instead of a behind the scenes look at the inner workings of a struggling franchise that is trying to get back on the right track and make the playoffs in a tough division.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MikePJ76 said:

that episode felt like they know the jets did not want to do this and nfl films met them halfway with just some aaron rodgers fluff stuff.  Big emphasis on rodgers being the great guy that is misunderstood.  

very little about the team and roster like past episodes of the show.  It felt like an advertisement or something instead of a behind the scenes look at the inner workings of a struggling franchise that is trying to get back on the right track and make the playoffs in a tough division.

Hard Knocks has been this way for a while now. Teams don’t want to show the real stuff that goes on behind the scenes. 

• Like (+1) 1

I have not watched Hard Knocks in the past, other than maybe a few minutes of a random episode here or there.  I watched episode 1 last night as I was doing some chores around the house and wanted something on in the background.  Definitely a lot of ball washing going on.  I'm not sure I'll be drawn back to see more.

Aaron Rodgers is such a weird mix of someone who is intensely unlikable trying very hard to be likable.

6 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

I feel like the first episodes usually follow a similar pattern - focusing on human nature story around the team, not necessarily one involving players on the bubble.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, K-9 said:

Liev Schreiber was the best part about it last night. It was also nice to see Sauce Gardner went back to finish his degree. Other than that, not much to enjoy. 

Sports Illustrated had a feature article on Sauce not too long ago - have to admit seems like a decent guy and hard guy to hate - can still hate the Jets and Saleh tho 😛 

On 8/9/2023 at 12:44 PM, Paup 1995MVP said:

Show has gone on way too long.  Nothing riveting there.  Watching Aaron Rodgers and Zach Wilson throwing footballs in shorts.  Meh.  Saleh wants to be one of the guys.  Not a lot of intensity in today's NFL.  Show me some fights between O line and D line.  Maybe some Oklahoma drills.  It was fun watching the Jets get whupped in the second half of the HOF game by the Browns though.  

We will own them come September 11th.

definitely a documentary that has jumped the shark.  The one interesting thing is that the hyper-animated Dan Campbell last year came off as being himself and genuine while the toned down Salah impressed as being a phony trying to be someone else. 

3 hours ago, bills6969 said:

The Jets scare me.  Rodgers seems to be his usual self.  It’s amazing how having superstar and leader at QB can change a team.

You can definitely tell he has given the entire team way more confidence going into the season. Whether that equates to being a playoff team remains to be seen. 

• Like (+1) 1

You guys have fun with this show.  I proudly can say I’ve never watched hard knocks or any other “reality” show.  To me it’s incredibly boring.

Give me Jack Ryan, Chicago PD, or the Big Bang Theory.  I’ve never seen the draw.  I know a lot of people like that stuff, but it’s really not reality as some of you pointed out they play to the camera.

2 hours ago, Billznut said:

You can definitely tell he has given the entire team way more confidence going into the season. Whether that equates to being a playoff team remains to be seen. 

Unless injuries hit them hard, they will make the playoffs. They have a solid roster and even if Rodgers isn't in his prime anymore, he is still a massive upgrade over what they had last year. It wouldn't surprise me if the Bills and Jets play 3 times this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.