Teddy Bridgewater signs with the Lions

Gregg

53 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Ian Rapoport on Twitter: "The #Lions are signing QB Teddy Bridgewater after a recent visit to Detroit, sources tell me and @MikeGarafolo. A new backup QB. https://t.co/pRA6EqMi5Q" / X

I guess the Dolphins are fine with Mike White as the backup. He probably will have to play this season. I doubt Tua stays healthy all year.

For some reason, I am inspired to go watch a 'Little Rascals' original. 🤔

That's Mike 'Ribs of Titanium' White to YOU, mister. 🤨

😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

we need an upgrade at backup QB

Quick without google name the backups for Mahomes, Burrow and Hurts? 

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

man, i forgot this guy was still in the league.  6th team in 8 years

The Ryan Fitzpatrick of his generation. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Isn't there anybody out there better than K. Allen and Barkley? Beane should consider drafting a mid round QB to groom as a above average backup to Josh.

At this point of the off-season, no. Those cupboards are pretty bare. There's a couple guys people have "heard of" such as Carson Wentz or Matt Ryan, but neither are a likely answer. 

Beane did draft a QB in the 5th a few years back. Jake Fromm. That...didn't work out so well. 

At this point of the off season the most likely choices for the Bills if they feel they need an upgrade would be either a trade or to watch the waiver wire and see if anyone comes available. In the case of a trade, finding a quality backup that has a contract they can work with becomes an issue.

39 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Gabbert is in KC. Mariota is in Philly. Can't remember who Cincinnati signed off the top of my head but it was a decent backup as well.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Gabbert is in KC. Mariota is in Philly. Can't remember who Cincinnati signed off the top of my head but it was a decent backup as well.

Do you mean Chad Henne? The backup QB that seems to keep the Chiefs’ offense moving whenever he comes in?

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

They signed Trevor Siemian this off season, but last year it was Jake Browning. The Chiefs had Chad Henne for the last two years and he played well in injury mop-up duty. He won that playoff game against the Browns two years ago. I liked the Bills situation the last two years much more than this year.

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Do you mean Chad Henne? The backup QB that seems to keep the Chiefs’ offense moving whenever he comes in?

No, I mean Blaine Gabbert who signed to back up Mahomes earlier in the off-season to replace Henne, who retired.

5 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

They signed Trevor Siemian this off season, but last year it was Jake Browning. The Chiefs had Chad Henne for the last two years and he played well in injury mop-up duty. He won that playoff game against the Browns two years ago. I liked the Bills situation the last two years much more than this year.

Siemian! That's right. 

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

No, I mean Blaine Gabbert who signed to back up Mahomes earlier in the off-season to replace Henne, who retired.

Siemian! That's right. 

Oh I didn’t know Henne retired. Excellent news! I was tired of him bailing out the Chiefs 😂 One down, Kelce’s next. 

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, wppete said:

Carson Wentz anyone? He is still out there. Give him a try out at least. League minimum if he looks decent. 

6 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Wentz has tricked more teams off of one season of game tape than OJ Howard. 

There's also been reports that he's unpopular wherever he goes. Why bring that in here for a backup QB who isn't that much better?

He would have been a huge upgrade over what we have. Wonder how much he got 

14 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Let’s settle down the Henne played well. He had 23 yards on 7 attempts. 

But he didn’t completely crap himself I guess. But that easily could have cost them a SB. I just don’t get why these teams settle on backups. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsGuyInMalta said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills put in a waiver claim for Chris Streveler who was released by the Jets yesterday. 

He blows. He has no arm and will only get signed by a team if they are really desperate to add a QB to the roster. 

Edited by Gregg

Every year there are a number of teams that don't even have a decent QB1 let alone quality backups.  The few quality QBs that have

accepted the role of backup don't come cheap.  It's a dice role when these guys are called up.

Kyle Allen needs to put on his big boy pants and get his head right.  It's one of the few things I want to watch in the preseason.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Not yet on his 7th.  I knew a fellow Harvard alumni of Ryan Fitzpatrick who has a professionally sewed patchwork jersey (none are China gate) with 1/8 of a jersey from each of the first 8 teams he played for. When I asked what he is going to do now that he has signed for 9th team his response was "Get a helmet?"

1. Minnesota  Vikings (2014–2017)

2. New York Jets (2018) (PS only)

3. New Orleans Saints (2018–2019)

4. Carolina Panthers (2020)

5. Denver Broncos (2021)

6. Miami Dolphins (2022)

7. Detroit Lions (2023–present)

Edited by Limeaid
added info
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, I'm Spartacus said:

Isn't there anybody out there better than K. Allen and Barkley? Beane should consider drafting a mid round QB to groom as a above average backup to Josh.

Bridgewater was the last safe clear upgrade, unfortunately. The list that remains all have questions marks when it comes to age and/or performance. Here's the entire list of Free Agents who are still available:

Carson Wentz

Matt Ryan

Joe Flacco

Chase Daniel

Nick Foles

Cam Newton

Bryce Perkins

EJ Perry

Tim DeMorat

Edited by BillsFanForever19

8 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He would have been a huge upgrade over what we have. Wonder how much he got 

Let’s settle down the Henne played well. He had 23 yards on 7 attempts. 

But he didn’t completely crap himself I guess. But that easily could have cost them a SB. I just don’t get why these teams settle on backups. 

5/7 for 23 and a TD

so let's not downplay it either. That drive started at their own 2

11 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

It will be fine. If Tua gets knocked unconscious they will just say his back hurts and he will be back out there the next series anyways.

Be kinda funny if he got his bell rung and then pulled a Jim Marshall.  

We are so totally doomed now, what ever shall we do…, 

9 hours ago, Malazan said:

There's also been reports that he's unpopular wherever he goes. Why bring that in here for a backup QB who isn't that much better?

Wentz strikes me as someone very talented who chokes and makes boneheaded plays at the wrong time. 

A great backup QB is usually the opposite: not as physically gifted as great starting QBs, but mentally stable, like a coach on the field. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Here's the entire list of Free Agents who are still available:

Carson Wentz

Matt Ryan

Joe Flacco

Chase Daniel

Nick Foles

Cam Newton

Bryce Perkins

EJ Perry

Tim DeMorat

Chad Kelly 🤪

Don't bet on your last minute addition to BillsFanForever19's list, 'I'm Spartacus'.  The Argos have Chaddy boy booked for the Grey Cup and the parade thereafter. 😁

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.