Training Camp (scrimmage) - 8/4 5:00pm - The return of Blue and Red

The Wiz

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Come on man... I know it's just a scrimmage but I'm so sick of the same old problem from the same players.

Kincaid gets a pass for rookie jitters. The others need to stop letting their QB down.

I said it yesterday during camp update everything thrown to Davis is a cross your fingers moment 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

( has run ) would be grammatically correct, but hey, it’s only football so it really doesn’t matter…, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Man, every year I'm still somehow amazed at how bunched up the panties become on some posters over things like drops or off-target throws or whiffed blocks. "I'm concerned!" "Seeing this really makes me scared!" Of what?! This stuff is supposed to be fun. 

Ideally I'm sure they'd love for everything to go perfectly every time, that's just not reality. If you're gonna have drops and miscues, practice is the place for it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Come on man... I know it's just a scrimmage but I'm so sick of the same old problem from the same players.

Kincaid gets a pass for rookie jitters. The others need to stop letting their QB down.

I’m praying we don’t overpay for Davis…Every time the ball is thrown to him or Knox I hold my breath, anticipating a bad drop…

Then, if they make a catch, I’m overly excited that it wasn’t a letdown…🤣

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JaCrispy said:

I’m praying we don’t overpay for Davis…Every time the ball is thrown to him or Knox I hold my breath, anticipating a bad drop…

Then, if they make a catch, I’m overly excited that it wasn’t a letdown…🤣

The thing that irritates me with Davis is how McD and Beane talk about how hard he works. I don’t doubt that. However, I hope it doesn’t fool them into rewarding him with a new contract based off of work ethic if it doesn’t translate on the field. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

The thing that irritates me with Davis is how McD and Beane talk about how hard he works. I don’t doubt that. However, I hope it doesn’t fool them into rewarding him with a new contract based off of work ethic if it doesn’t translate on the field. 

“Don’t let hard work be confused with success”  or some such a thing, it’s a Doug Marone thing from when he was our HC, 

8 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Just going to Ajay Cybulski's twitter...lots of good stuff in the red zone.  Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to embed a tweet, otherwise I'd post.

Just copy the Twitter link into your post and voila ... Auto embedded 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Raise the standard! Or are you going to prematurely bash me all offseason…. And after week one like last year? 😅

Everything Beane did this offseason was an effort to improve the team.  Now we find out what worked and what didn’t.  Same every year.  I’ll have fun with it, while you’ll moan and groan about everything.  Cheers and Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 9

20 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

They aren't even talking to him about a contract right now.  He's here for the year, a number of things could happen based on how he performs

They aren't going to give him a hard worker contract.  

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

this is current

McDermott really hung the lombardi banner in the practice facility

Does anyone have a problem with this?  The Bills have won the AFC East three years in a row.  It’s one thing to hang the Lombardi when your team hasn’t made the playoffs in umpteen years…it’s another when you’re at the cusp of a championship.

I see nothing wrong with reminding everyone of why they’re there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Rushing against Quess doesn't necessarily make it a "strong camp".

So if AJ doesn’t win those reps does it mean he sucks?

Just trying to figure out the process of analysis here…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.