Hunter Renfrow a possible camp casualty

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

Maybe he never fully recovered from his injury?  He was a shell of himself this past season 

I like that saying, 

something or someone being a “travesty of a mockery of a sham” is my all time fav though, 😁👍

7 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Who wouldn’t honestly want this guy playing with Josh? I think I’d cut Gabe for this guy 

Why would you cut Davis? If Renfrow was even  interrsted in Buffalo, you could hopefully be creative financially. 

That would be a stupid move,you'd be down a receiver.

8 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Who wouldn’t honestly want this guy playing with Josh? I think I’d cut Gabe for this guy 

First of all, this is BS. The only way his spot is in jeopardy is if someone offers them a trade they can't refuse. They aren't just cutting Renfrow just because. Secondly, you wouldn't release an Outside WR for a Slot WR.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Cut Gabe for another slot? Makes no sense.  Davis would get picked up immediately. He's so disrespected on here. At the very least he's a big time playmaker , somewhat inconsistent. If he can refine his routes qnd drops he can be a high end #2 

Renfrow is strictly a slot but I like his game

If I was a millionaire, I wouldn’t still be working towards being one.. same thing and same odds as Davis getting to a”high end” number 2 this year.

3 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

First of all, this is BS. The only way his spot is in jeopardy is if someone offers them a trade they can't refuse. They aren't just cutting Renfrow just because. Secondly, you wouldn't release an Outside WR for a Slot WR.

We are talking about the Raiders AND Josh McDaniels.

On 7/23/2023 at 11:26 AM, LEBills said:

He would be as close to a Beasley replacement as there is, but I think he would likely end up in New Orleans or elsewhere on a bigger contract than we could offer. Kincaid/Shakir/Hardy will be our slot players this year.

I have very very high hopes for Kincaid and Shakir. Shakir just screams "future star" to me. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany72 said:

Flash in the pan player, he cost some wins for them last year. 

Also a fumbling machine -- 11 fumbles on 247 total touches over his career and 3 times on 36 touches last season (a sky-high 8.3 percent rate). In comparison, Diggs has 8 total fumbles on 734 touches and Beasley has 6 fumbles on 567 touches.

Newsflash: coaches care a LOT about fumbling and it's one of those semi-hidden stats that can drive decisions. 

• Like (+1) 1

Honestly, we just drafted Kincaid in round 1 and have two other "steals" from round 5 this and last year.  Davis is the only WR that Beane's drafted that's still on the team.  We paid much for Diggs and decently for Harty.   Let's give some of our rookies a chance.  

On 7/23/2023 at 11:32 AM, buffaloboyinATL said:

Why on earth would you cut WR2, when there are so many other receivers behind him on the depth chart? 

On 7/23/2023 at 12:14 PM, Starr Almighty said:

If this is the case, why go after Hunter when we could get Adams

need Adams for the new qB is my guess

On 7/23/2023 at 11:34 AM, Maynard said:

Why is his spot in serious jeopardy? 

They signed jakobi meyers, and drafted tre tucker.  But they actually lose cap space by cutting him.  I assume they spread it across two years and realize some savings.  He did have some pretty bad fumble luck, coming off a concussion and injury affected season, and just generally wasn't as effective in McDaniels offense a year ago.  

54 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Also a fumbling machine -- 11 fumbles on 247 total touches over his career and 3 times on 36 touches last season (a sky-high 8.3 percent rate). In comparison, Diggs has 8 total fumbles on 734 touches and Beasley has 6 fumbles on 567 touches.

Newsflash: coaches care a LOT about fumbling and it's one of those semi-hidden stats that can drive decisions. 

Pretty sure he got his bell rung there when he spun into that hit. Not all fumbles are created equal, but thats a pretty big one.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

4 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Signing Jimmy G does not help that plan. 

There's intrigue there - LVR revised his contract that permits LVR to cut him and be free and clear of the remaining years of the contract due to the foot injury.  They can cut him anytime before the end of the season.  

I can see where they will play him September/October and release him at the trade deadline so he can pick up with another team, if healthy. All he really needs to do to is get that foot dinged, which is inevitable, IMO.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.