For those still upset we didn’t trade up for Jordan Addison…

DJB

26 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I mean I do that sometimes in a more modest vehicle. Can I get drafted too?

I'll even play for the vikings.

Post a clip of you doing 150 over a school zone speed bump and I'll draw up the contract.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 3

Title should read:

Breaking News! Young millionaire drives too fast in an exotic car, believes he is above the law!

When you say it out loud it isn't that shocking you see. 

In my younger days I've had 3 speeding/reckless driving tickets in one week. Now I do it on a race track 🤷

Edited by Southern_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

TE's are notorious slow developers and high bust on NFL stage. So don't bet your fantasy football play choices on that guy just yet.

I'll take him extremely low, I'm in a 12 man draft, if I can grab him after roster is set, I'll take him based on upside

Check out 2020 Allen highlights and how effective Kroft was. Just feel these 2 TE sets with these 2 can be deadly and adds another dimension to out O

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DJB said:

I’m not critiquing his play, I think he’s a wonderful prospect, but this is concerning 

Definitely not a good start to his NFL career. Maybe this will wake him up, hopefully. To be honest, I was hoping from the start that the Bills would get Kincaid. I really didn't think that it was possible. Great move by Beane to move up. One day, we might say this was his best trade ever.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

After what happened to Ruggs, he’s got to be a real moron.

What Ruggs did was 1000x worse. He was in the Las Vegas city limits and extremely intoxicated. Sounds like Addison was on an empty stretch of highway in the middle of the night taking a joyride. Stupid, yes, but not actively dangerous to the public.

Admittedly I am biased. Dumbest mistake I ever made, I was 20 driving back to Buffalo from Cleveland at 1AM with some friends. Not another car in sight on the I-90. I thought it would be funny to go 120 MPH for a minute. Luckily when the sirens flashed on from the turnabout I had slowed down to 100, so one verbal reaming from the trooper and several thousand dollars later I was able to keep my license.

Anyways, I think a lot of young men make a similar mistake. I wouldn't assume anything about Addison's character from this incident.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I wonder if the Minnesota cop bothered to give him a breathalyzer.

34 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

Yeah they generally go pretty easy on young black men in expensive cars breaking the law, bet they gave him a pass. Recall the Ed Oliver situation 

For every Ed Oliver 100 get off without anybody ever knowing otherwise. It was 3am. If somebody said a person was pulled over doing 150mph at 3am, what would you put the over/under on that he was drinking? I would say 90%. 75% in this exact situation. Plenty of fan cops.  

• Eyeroll 2

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

What Ruggs did was 1000x worse. He was in the Las Vegas city limits and extremely intoxicated. Sounds like Addison was on an empty stretch of highway in the middle of the night taking a joyride. Stupid, yes, but not actively dangerous to the public.

Admittedly I am biased. Dumbest mistake I ever made, I was 20 driving back to Buffalo from Cleveland at 1AM with some friends. Not another car in sight on the I-90. I thought it would be funny to go 120 MPH for a minute. Luckily when the sirens flashed on from the turnabout I had slowed down to 100, so one verbal reaming from the trooper and several thousand dollars later I was able to keep my license.

Anyways, I think a lot of young men make a similar mistake. I wouldn't assume anything about Addison's character from this incident.

not actively dangerous to the public is a big miss on your part

that said, still less risky than ruggs. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

not actively dangerous to the public is a big miss on your part

If what I'm imagining is correct, Addison speeding alone on an empty stretch of highway with zero traffic in sight, I don't believe that is actively dangerous to the public. Again though I am biased. Dangerous to himself, absolutely.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Very dangerous to the public and reckless, even on an empty roadway in the middle of the night. At that speed, he could have come across an unseen driver, road work, or obstacle very quickly and spun out of control. You can't stop or slow down quickly at that speed. I have also seen cars flip over the wall or guardrail on an interstate and smash into a house, killing people sleeping. Just as bad as drunk driving or waving a loaded gun around.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

its not concerning. not only have i never heard character concerns, but every thing ive ever heard about him is being a great kid.

hell, if Minnesota suddenly has buyers regret, im more than happy to take him!!!

seriously, dont do it again kid, but this is a giant nothing

Are you an idiot?  Serious question.  I have no idea what your background is but I have to deal with the repercussions of serious car wrecks every day, and what this guy could have done at that speed is nothing short of catastrophic.  “Normal” people don’t do this.  Ever.  It is a huge sign of immaturity and “I’m better than everyone else” disease.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, cba fan said:

TE's are notorious slow developers and high bust on NFL stage. So don't bet your fantasy football play choices on that guy just yet.

That learning curve history for TEs is a valid concern for the traditional TEs coming from college many likely were Tes in HS as well so they follow traditional progress.  Kincaid is an outlier in that he's just now becoming a seasoned football athlete as he started playing football much later than most drafted players who dreamed of getting into the NFL.  Kincaid took a different approach and he certainly trained his catching skills better than many offensive players.  So I imagine Kincaid is going to set his own development schedule and being he's relatively new to the position he likely will be more easily molded to how we want to play him.   

As for these athletes that crave the speed in their ride, why don't they rent time at a local racing venue they could speed all they want for their thrills while minimizing danger to everyone else.  

10 minutes ago, chongli said:

Very dangerous to the public and reckless, even on an empty roadway in the middle of the night. At that speed, he could have come across an unseen driver, road work, or obstacle very quickly and spun out of control. You can't stop or slow down quickly at that speed. I have also seen cars flip over the wall or guardrail on an interstate and smash into a house, killing people sleeping.

Yeah I suppose that's fair. Instead of making this thread all about me I'll just move on from this line of conversation.

All I'll say is one incident does not make a pattern. My experience scared me straight and I never did anything that stupid again. I'll give Addison the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

If anyone is upset that we picked up Kincaid instead of this dude, then you need to get your head checked. It should be Vikings who are upset they passed up on a generational tight end prospect for a #2 wide receiver 

Hey, maybe the Vikings will be able to pick up a WR1 in next year's draft, right?

Anyway, what's wrong with real speed at WR?  Bills could use more...

43 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

For every Ed Oliver 100 get off without anybody ever knowing otherwise

To be clear, Ed was wrongly prosecuted. He had no alcohol in his system and got pulled over in western NY.  Charges were 🐂💩 all around.  Those cops were far from fan boys. In Buffalo of all places

Edited by Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin

56 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

I'll take him extremely low, I'm in a 12 man draft, if I can grab him after roster is set, I'll take him based on upside

Check out 2020 Allen highlights and how effective Kroft was. Just feel these 2 TE sets with these 2 can be deadly and adds another dimension to out O

Was he an usually talented blocker?  

18 minutes ago, eball said:

Are you an idiot?  Serious question.  I have no idea what your background is but I have to deal with the repercussions of serious car wrecks every day, and what this guy could have done at that speed is nothing short of catastrophic.  “Normal” people don’t do this.  Ever.  It is a huge sign of immaturity and “I’m better than everyone else” disease.

200w.gif?cid=ecf05e478t5gq4izg8iq5gkvbl9

9 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

To be clear, Ed was wrongly prosecuted. He had no alcohol in his system and got pulled over in western NY.  Charges were 🐂💩 all around.  Those cops were far from fan boys. In Buffalo of all places

I'm saying it's common for law enforcement to treat star athletes favorably. For every unfavorable scenario like Ed, you will find more favorable outcomes,  black or white. When it's a celebrity or athlete skin color doesn't matter as much as when it's a regular Joe. In general terms, you see a high correlation between speeding after midnight and DUI's. The higher the MPH on the vehicle the higher the correlation to DUI's. 

So why is it that far fetched to think he could have been drinking. All you have to say to make that conclusion is he got favorable treatment from law enforcement. 

https://www.theiacp.org/projects/the-correlation-between-speed-and-alcohol-project   

• Eyeroll 1

11 minutes ago, eball said:

Save the lecture for someone else. It's normal and it doesn't scream whatever made up disease your spouting off about.

Does everyone do 140? No, they literally cant. People do 100miles an hour in their moms beat up minivan/truck/beater all the time! Actually that's a helluva lot more wreckless than this, in old vehicles not designed to do this. That car can run from 55 to 140 in few seconds on the gas. Doubt he had the cruise control set lol

It's not ideal, and if caught again would be a major concern.

Jumping to he's a bad kid and a selfish person, is dumb. Virtue signal your job thing elsewhere, everyone knows cars/speeding is dangerous.

They're more than free to cut him 🤷‍♂️ 31 other teams wouldn't mind

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Save the lecture for someone else. It's normal and it doesn't scream whatever made up disease your spouting off about.

Does everyone do 140? No, they literally cant. People do 100miles an hour in their moms beat up minivan/truck/beater all the time! Actually that's a helluva lot more wreckless than this, in old vehicles not designed to do this. That car can run from 55 to 140 in few seconds on the gas. Doubt he had the cruise control set lol

It's not ideal, and if caught again would be a major concern.

Jumping to he's a bad kid and a selfish person, is dumb. Virtue signal your job thing elsewhere, everyone knows cars/speeding is dangerous.

They're more than free to cut him 🤷‍♂️ 31 other teams wouldn't mind

Just to be clear. You think it's normal for people to do 150mph at 3am? 

3 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

What? Lambo brakes will stop you quicker than a northbound car stops a southbound bug. 😉

Nope , not in this case. I know these things. Urus a damn bus anyways. :)

its just math.

But i sure like the analogy, and am going to borrow it as soon as possible  LOL

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

If what I'm imagining is correct, Addison speeding alone on an empty stretch of highway with zero traffic in sight, I don't believe that is actively dangerous to the public. Again though I am biased. Dangerous to himself, absolutely.

at that speed ? Anyone is a danger/threat on a public road.

You might be naïve about speed and mass and inertia. Which is probably a good thing Happy ! Keep it that ways and stay Safe !

4 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

This cant be a real photo, can it? His Helmet looks huge

addison.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.bd89c12faa4db36aad11cb70262f5115.jpeg

Dude bought a Lambo? Bash me if you not, but not $$ smart. We may have dodged a bullet, even though we did not have the opportunity to draft him. If Addision fell to us, good chance we may have drafted him. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

at that speed ? Anyone is a danger/threat on a public road.

You might be naïve about speed and mass and inertia. Which is probably a good thing Happy ! Keep it that ways and stay Safe !

people on this thread losing their minds over the mph.  rest assured had he "only" been doing 100 mph on that  highway, the potential damage to life and property would be exactly the same.....but this thread of pure outrage would never have existed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

BTW

I was never upset about the draft.

I kinda liked the past years 😉

Kincaid  especially.

Just a great fit for expanding our offense. he and Knox are complimentary . Morris can block get open kinda (lol) and catch actually

Improved the RB room and WRs via diversification of skill sets.
we good 

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

people on this thread losing their minds over the mph.  rest assured had he "only" been doing 100 mph on that  highway, the potential damage to life and property would be exactly the same.....but this thread of pure outrage would never have existed.

Perceptions vary.

1 hour ago, Mikie2times said:

Just to be clear. You think it's normal for people to do 150mph at 3am? 

i think its normal for somebody spending 200k on a fast car to want to drive it fast

I think that choosing to do so at 3am when (presumably) nobody else is around, is pretty sane.  Assuming you are going to do it at all.

My own PR is 147.  I have been pulled over for doing 100+ twice.  So I get it.

I have done over 100 probably 300 times though.  Almost always at night, on nicely paved dry interstate highways between cities in the SouthWest  (vegas, LA, San Diego, Phoenix, etc). 

-------

but to be honest, i probably do have a little bit of the "rules dont apply to me" disease referenced upthread.

which, as i think about it, might be part of buying a Lambo in the first place.  Instead of a nice Bentley.

Edited by maddenboy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

This cant be a real photo, can it? His Helmet looks huge

addison.jpg

No, it’s real. Should tell everyone what some of us have been saying for a long time. Dude is too small. That’s a normal sized helmet, he’s just a too small to make it look normal. 

and in other news, I’d you think he’s too small, way til you see Harty in his helmet. Harty is shorter and weighs less. 

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Yeah I suppose that's fair. Instead of making this thread all about me I'll just move on from this line of conversation.

All I'll say is one incident does not make a pattern. My experience scared me straight and I never did anything that stupid again. I'll give Addison the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise.

I’ll loudly agree a single mistake does not define a man 

we know very little of these guys and extrapolate a ton from small moments.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

oh, still dangerous, but at 140 his odds of something happening are higher. 

he has less control at that speed, less lead time to correct something, etc…. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.