For those still upset we didn’t trade up for Jordan Addison…

DJB

On 7/21/2023 at 4:42 PM, 3rdand12 said:

Being a fan of very fast cars myself , I could never go super speed at night. The reason you mentioned.

Was driving my son to buffalo airport form Rochester a month or so ago and we were running late

I was doing 78 on the thruway trying to make up time. And a a coyote ran halfway into the lane and then ran back.

Had high beams on , but that got my heart going. A buck deer is enough to kill you if it comes through the windshield.

We live near enough to Watkins Glen and it not too hard to get track time in a club. and super easy for a millionaire lol
Kids need better life skills.
 Hope he learns to respect the road.

We all do stupid when young ! Are we aint doin it right :)

In what vehicle ?
If you did it in a  1987 ford fiesta ? I applaud you  LOL

Suzuki GS 550 but that was a long time ago .

On 7/21/2023 at 5:42 PM, 3rdand12 said:

Being a fan of very fast cars myself , I could never go super speed at night. The reason you mentioned.

Was driving my son to buffalo airport form Rochester a month or so ago and we were running late

I was doing 78 on the thruway trying to make up time. And a a coyote ran halfway into the lane and then ran back.

Had high beams on , but that got my heart going. A buck deer is enough to kill you if it comes through the windshield.

We live near enough to Watkins Glen and it not too hard to get track time in a club. and super easy for a millionaire lol
Kids need better life skills.
 Hope he learns to respect the road.

We all do stupid when young ! Are we aint doin it right :)

Sorry for the tangent, but I was on cruise control doing about 78 today (it jumps) on a major and very busy 4 lane highway (each direction) in Atlanta today. The far right lane ends with every exit, then continues again as an on ramp and lane until the next exit. I’m getting off soon, so I’m in the lane next to that. Three cars get on at the same time and the middle one quickly swerves into MY lane. I had to slam on the brakes, steal a foot or two from the occupied lane to my left and then worry the red car behind me was going to rear end us. The tires screeching I thought covered to sound of the collision, but I wasn’t sure which car we made contact with. 

Turns out, it was neither, but all the stuff I had in the back came shooting forward. It was like a miracle! Thank your lucky stars, today was a much better day than it might have been. The car was quiet for a bit, then my wife asked “are you okay?” I was better then than I am now. This could have been one effed up day but for a few inches.

It took hours to sink in. She just came home and I asked if it was that bad, and she said hell yes, hard to believe we all just drove away. 

Thanks, that was cheaper than therapy!  😋

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 7/20/2023 at 3:01 PM, GETTOTHE50 said:

If anyone is upset that we picked up Kincaid instead of this dude, then you need to get your head checked. It should be Vikings who are upset they passed up on a generational tight end prospect for a #2 wide receiver 

Bills passed on Meyers too..  lol I kid but I saw both play and Meyers would IMO make a more immediate impact than Kincaid. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Sorry for the tangent, but I was on cruise control doing about 78 today (it jumps) on a major and very busy 4 lane highway in Atlanta today. The far right lane ends with every exit, then continues again as an on ramp and lane until the next exit. I’m getting off soon, so I’m in the lane next to that. Three cars get on at the same time and the middle one quickly swerves into MY lane. I had to slam on the brakes, steal a foot or two from the occupied lane to my left and then worry the red car behind me was going to rear end us. The tires screeching I thought covered to sound of the collision, but I wasn’t sure which car we made contact with. 

Turns out, it was neither, but all the stuff I had in the back came shooting forward. It was like a miracle! Thank your lucky stars, today was a much better day than it might have been. The car was quiet for a bit, then my wife asked “are you okay?” I was better then than I am now. This could have been one effed up day but for a few inches.

It took hours to sink in. She just came home and I asked if it was that bad, and she said hell yes, hard to believe we all just drove away. 

Thanks, that was cheaper than therapy!  😋

Respect the road. Empty or not.

two tons of inertia can create chaos one might not expect in a hurry.

Glad you made it through that gauntlet my friend !

As a youth ,  we take risks not knowing the potential outcomes. As we age , we better understand those risks and potential outcomes and then , make decisions.
 But driving ALWAYS presents the unexpected. As you experienced and I as well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bills passed on Meyers too..  lol I kid but I saw both play and Meyers would IMO make a more immediate impact than Kincaid. 

Me and McBeane always think long term and perennial player !

and yep McD seems to drag his feet getting rookies on the field full time anyways

I think Kincaid can make immediate impact though

Just by his skill threat will have defenses adjusting , as soon as he makes a few plays to earn that respect of DCs

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/20/2023 at 11:51 AM, cba fan said:

TE's are notorious slow developers and high bust on NFL stage. So don't bet your fantasy football play choices on that guy just yet.

Thank you for this important message.

20 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Who is "Meyers"?  If you are thinking of Jakobi Meyers, I don't think he was draft-eligible this year.

Edited by mannc

This was kind of dumb but I get it.  I felt good about us boy getting him when I saw how tiny he looked on draft night, then he spoke.  What was it he said, "let's get this money". I get it, you are gonna get paid,  but that feels like showing up day 1 of the job saying where the cash at people before you even did anything. 

On 7/21/2023 at 9:57 PM, That's No Moon said:

88 Supras look nice. The Hyundai EV looks like someone gave a kid a Chevy Citation and told them to make it look "futuristic"

I used to have a "Citation II" (fuel injected) purchased at a government auction for $2000.  40K miles on it. Transmission disintegrated after 1500 more.

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I used to have a "Citation II" (fuel injected) purchased at a government auction for $2000.  40K miles on it. Transmission disintegrated after 1500 more.

My father bought one as well. White with a red interior. We rode across the country in it. Nothing really worked properly in that car and it absolutely ate tires.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, mannc said:

Thank you for this important message.

Who is "Meyers"?  If you are thinking of Jakobi Meyers, I don't think he was draft-eligible this year.

Lol that’s a misspelling of epic proportions  on me! I meant Michael Mayer… kid was unbelievably good in ND a great catcher and blocker. He did amazing with mid level to meh QBs his entire College career. 

On 7/20/2023 at 2:44 PM, BuffaloBillyG said:

At least he doesn't lie in his bio...

It's dumb behavior and behavior like that is par for the course  being that young and suddenly wealthy. Luckily no one was hurt and hopefully the young man learns from this.

20230720_144025.jpg

you’d think Ruggs incident would scare nfl players away from this crazy stuff.  Sweet cad, have fun driving it, but do it safely.  Need that much speed hit the track. 

• Like (+1) 1

In case anyone didn't click the Star Tribune link above, there is a video of Addison pulling over. Looks like he pulled over on the left side of the freeway, and soon after there were four cop cars or motorcycles (?), judging from the flashing lights. It looks like one set of flashing lights is on the other side of the median, coming from the wrong direction? There is also a civilian vehicle ahead of Addison that he pulled u near when slowing down, so there was some other traffic.

https://www.startribune.com/video-viking-addison-told-trooper-a-dog-emergency-was-reason-for-going-140-mph-court-filing-reads/600291951/

Edited by chongli

4 minutes ago, noacls said:

Look at the shoes on that Lambo! It's stopping faster than your Prius going 65 on the thruway. 

Which is also super dangerous. Extreme acceleration and extreme braking are both difficult for normies in normal vehicles to react to safely. 

I get the appeal. In my teens I drove muscle cars, supercars, and foreign touring/rally cars. It's so easy to get yourself or someone else into trouble faster than they or someone else can react to safely. I had enough sense (and good fortune) not to make a big mistake. My worst driving moments were actually with VERY utilitarian rides, oddly enough. Less focus, maybe? I'm rambling. 

1 hour ago, noacls said:

Look at the shoes on that Lambo! It's stopping faster than your Prius going 65 on the thruway. 

Well, technically calipers, specifically 10-piston aluminum calipers on the front; but, yeah, they are impressive:

3467-00010614-5

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol that’s a misspelling of epic proportions  on me! I meant Michael Mayer… kid was unbelievably good in ND a great catcher and blocker. He did amazing with mid level to meh QBs his entire College career. 

figures the Pats’ fan would slobber over the ND prospect 🙄. Kincaid is the far better choice for what the Bills need.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

figures the Pats’ fan would slobber over the ND prospect 🙄. Kincaid is the far better choice for what the Bills need.

First they are both capable of either being amazing or busts.  Also what did I say that was “slobbering” about him I just stated facts! He was amazing with sub par QBs, Kincaid had a QB that will actually be drafted before the 7th round. 

I also disagree I think either Kincaid or Mayer been a great fit in Buffalo.  I mean the potential for Kincaid is Kelce, and Mayer is Gronk..  Your GM just took who he thought was better. 

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

First they are both capable of either being amazing or busts.  Also what did I say that was “slobbering” about him I just stated facts! He was amazing with sub par QBs, Kincaid had a QB that will actually be drafted before the 7th round. 

I also disagree I think either Kincaid or Mayer been a great fit in Buffalo.  I mean the potential for Kincaid is Kelce, and Mayer is Gronk..  Your GM just took who he thought was better. 

Will Rising get drafted before the 7th? He’s a good college qb but that’s really all I see with him. He has nothing close to nfl caliber. Plus, he will be 25 at next years draft. He’s a qb so they get overdrafted but I think he will have a hard time sticking in the league. 

I really really liked both TEs. I think Mayer will be Witten 2.0 for Dallas. But I single handedly saw DK won games in college. I think his upside with Allen is tremendous.  He has a chance to be one of the top pass catching “TEs” in football though he will struggle if he has to be more of a traditional one at this point.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I think the toolsets of the two are distinct enough that you can make a case for one over the other, and obviously you know which way I lean. And Mayer as a potential Gronk is plain silly. 

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Will Rising get drafted before the 7th? He’s a good college qb but that’s really all I see with him. He has nothing close to nfl caliber. Plus, he will be 25 at next years draft. He’s a qb so they get overdrafted but I think he will have a hard time sticking in the league. 

I really really liked both TEs. I think Mayer will be Witten 2.0 for Dallas. But I single handedly saw DK won games in college. I think his upside with Allen is tremendous.  He has a chance to be one of the top pass catching “TEs” in football though he will struggle if he has to be more of a traditional one at this point.

I may be wrong, but I thought he was a potential 4th or 5th rounder if he came out this year.. 

I saw Mayer (my parents are huge ND Fans, I am more a BC fan and hate the fact Flowers is a Raven lol) they played top teams and he always looked good both blocking and catching the ball in coverage. 

I only saw Kincaid a few times so I don’t know him as well, IMO he wasn’t a complete TE as you stated but damn can that man get open and catch the ball. 

I like both of them l wont be shocked if both are hugely successful since they both have good/great QBs getting them the ball. 

19 hours ago, chongli said:

Well, technically calipers, specifically 10-piston aluminum calipers on the front; but, yeah, they are impressive:

3467-00010614-5

When you have to stop 3 tons of mass ? You need massive Rotors and calipers = what is called swept area.

But its all relative. A Honda Civic with a big turbo pulling nearly 500hp from 1.8 L that weighs 2400 only needs 9" rotors a two piston caliper up front and might well stop quicker.

Those are actually two piece rotors I see with aluminum hats for better heat dissipation.

Thats some big $$

And Lambos are all about the bling.

Most of the owners i have come across? Cant actually drive them,

True fact

and I think that was the case here. Hence Idiot driver driving triple the limit on public road.

Damn kids

Edited by 3rdand12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 7/21/2023 at 9:25 PM, Dopey said:

I have an 88 Supra. Love it, but I hear you on the EV Hyundai has. Been impressed with the looks of other EVs out there. 

Turbo on that six  ?

I have an 88 Supra. Love it, but I hear you on the EV Hyundai has. Been impressed with the looks of other EVs out there. 

Turbo on that six  ?

Turbo on that six  ?

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

Turbo on that six  ?

Nah. it’s a targa top, auto, with 94k miles. Red. Everything still works. Even cold ac here in Fl. Take her out once a month. I did have the original MK3 86 1/2 Supra. Manual, hard top. Northern car. Rust got to it. Sold it as a project/ parts car. Would love turbo. 

On 7/20/2023 at 2:56 PM, Coach Tuesday said:

After what happened to Ruggs, he’s got to be a real moron.

It would certainly appear so. Something like this certainly would indicate poor impulse control. I would be surprised if he does NOT have another similar incident before too long.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.