For those still upset we didn’t trade up for Jordan Addison…

DJB

6 hours ago, DJB said:

I’m not critiquing his play, I think he’s a wonderful prospect, but this is concerning 

A young millionaire speeding in his Lamborghini concerns you?

I bet he’s on the pot, too!!! 

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

For every Ed Oliver 100 get off without anybody ever knowing otherwise. It was 3am. If somebody said a person was pulled over doing 150mph at 3am, what would you put the over/under on that he was drinking? I would say 90%. 75% in this exact situation. Plenty of fan cops.  

I owned a Ford Taurus SHO and put it to the test at 3am, on the Thruway, on my way to work knowing that there wouldn't be many cars on the road at that time. Didn't think about the deer though😎

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, maddenboy said:

i think its normal for somebody spending 200k on a fast car to want to drive it fast

I think that choosing to do so at 3am when (presumably) nobody else is around, is pretty sane.  Assuming you are going to do it at all.

My own PR is 147.  I have been pulled over for doing 100+ twice.  So I get it.

I have done over 100 probably 300 times though.  Almost always at night, on nicely paved dry interstate highways between cities in the SouthWest  (vegas, LA, San Diego, Phoenix, etc). 

-------

but to be honest, i probably do have a little bit of the "rules dont apply to me" disease referenced upthread.

which, as i think about it, might be part of buying a Lambo in the first place.  Instead of a nice Bentley.

There are a lot of people who murder people right...so if someone murders someone does that make it normal because other people have done it? Or is it just "normal" because you have done it?

7 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Yes, but why buy a Urus specifically? You have the budget to buy anything and you buy a reskinned Audi SUV. If you're going to buy a Lambo, buy a proper Lambo not a Lambo for soccer moms.

Big tough full of themselves guys drive SUVs now.  He probably wanted the prestige of a Lambo but the "toughguyness" of an SUV.  It's like getting a pit bull from an expensive upscale dog breeder.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chaos said:

total speculation.

Speculation, but not baseless. Two well connected posters here both reported that the Bills loved Addison. Ian Rapaport said too that he had heard there was strong mutual interest between the Bills and Addison. I am 99% convinced he was their guy had he reached their spot.

7 hours ago, maddenboy said:

i think its normal for somebody spending 200k on a fast car to want to drive it fast

I think that choosing to do so at 3am when (presumably) nobody else is around, is pretty sane.  Assuming you are going to do it at all.

I have done over 100 probably 300 times though.  Almost always at night, on nicely paved dry interstate highways between cities in the SouthWest  (vegas, LA, San Diego, Phoenix, etc). 

-------

but to be honest, i probably do have a little bit of the "rules dont apply to me" disease referenced upthread.

which, as i think about it, might be part of buying a Lambo in the first place.  Instead of a nice Bentley.

How the frick do you still have a license?  The most I've ever gone is 88 and I regret it.  

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

How the frick do you still have a licence?  The most I've ever gone is 88 and I regret it.  

The first time i was on my way to Vegas.  They got me with "officer Able" which is a fixed wing airplane.  They have those mile-marker lines on the highway.

I had to show up in court in person.  to beg.  To beg for an nfraction instead of a misdemeanor.  To beg for a reduction in charge.  To beg to be allowed to do traffic school.  They make you show up because nobody actually lives out there, so its a huge pain.   I decided not to deny that i was doin about 110.

The second time, he actually let me go with a warning.  3 am on my way back from Vegas, so i could get a couple winks before work at 8am.  I think he was on DUI patrol and as soon as he saw i was sober and apologetic, he decided he had bigger fish to fry.  Highway Patrol, not local PD.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

The first time i was on my way to Vegas.  They got me with "officer Able" which is a fixed wing airplane.  They have those mile-marker lines on the highway.

I had to show up in court in person.  to beg.  To beg for an nfraction instead of a misdemeanor.  To beg for a reduction in charge.  To beg to be allowed to do traffic school.  They make you show up because nobody actually lives out there, so its a huge pain.   I decided not to deny that i was doin about 110.

The second time, he actually let me go with a warning.  3 am on my way back from Vegas, so i could get a couple winks before work at 8am.  I think he was on DUI patrol and as soon as he saw i was sober and apologetic, he decided he had bigger fish to fry.  Highway Patrol, not local PD.

That makes sense as those are easier to fight.  You'll eventually get burned one way or another.

Addison was gone before, but I'm interested to see how that offense works out.

Jefferson is so clearly the 1A best WR in the league. It's hard to get into how incredible he is without it devolving into Diggs trade nonsense (they're both amazing) but Jefferson is truly on a unique run right now. As an incoming receiver, I think you need to know you're going to be a complete backseat to likely the biggest target hog in the league, who isn't ever leaving, so you almost have to mold yourself into that John Taylor role. Big ask for a newb on top of even figuring out if you can play in the NFL. One of the reasons why the Vikes may continue to sputter despite having all-world talent. 

6 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Addison was gone before, but I'm interested to see how that offense works out.

Jefferson is so clearly the 1A best WR in the league. It's hard to get into how incredible he is without it devolving into Diggs trade nonsense (they're both amazing) but Jefferson is truly on a unique run right now. As an incoming receiver, I think you need to know you're going to be a complete backseat to likely the biggest target hog in the league, who isn't ever leaving, so you almost have to mold yourself into that John Taylor role. Big ask for a newb on top of even figuring out if you can play in the NFL. One of the reasons why the Vikes may continue to sputter despite having all-world talent. 

The Vikes don't have a defense.

8 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Just to be clear. You think it's normal for people to do 150mph at 3am? 

Probably not but this story would be so much more interesting if it was Kirk Cousins instead of Addison.

• Haha (+1) 1

What’s he even doing owning a lambo on his rookie contract?  That’s almost as stupid as the incredible reckless driving.  He could’ve killed himself or others.

That’s disturbing and I didn’t wish we traded up for him.  I was very happy the choices they made in the draft, and cautiously optimistic on the free agent acquisitions.  As much as I wanted D Hop, I would’ve never wanted to go to that contract he recvd from TN.

11 hours ago, NoSaint said:

I’ll loudly agree a single mistake does not define a man 

we know very little of these guys and extrapolate a ton from small moments.

oh, still dangerous, but at 140 his odds of something happening are higher. 

he has less control at that speed, less lead time to correct something, etc…. 

It's really not a practical difference.  The reaction time is the same and the breaking distance required makes either impossible at those speeds.

The 140 is what is tugging at the pearl strings here...

17 hours ago, DJB said:

I’m not critiquing his play, I think he’s a wonderful prospect, but this is concerning 

Oh no, a young rich guy doing young rich guy things.  I agree it is stupid, but young guys with big money are going to do stupid things.  He'll, I'm not rich and I still ride motorcycles at that speed even at 40.  

16 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

After what happened to Ruggs, he’s got to be a real moron.

After what happened to the person Ruggs hit

16 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Minnesota is renowned for its high quality pavement and fabulous weather conditions too. 

Re: the brakes, that thing has the biggest brakes ever put on a production car.  60mph to 0 in 110.5 feet.  I'm gonna guess it takes a bit longer from 155mph...115-120 feet tops. 😝

Well, it is summer in Minnesota.  The last 2 times I was in Minneapolis in July it was in the 90s.

15 hours ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

Yeah they generally go pretty easy on young black men in expensive cars breaking the law, bet they gave him a pass. Recall the Ed Oliver situation 

You win the internet today sir

13 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Just to be clear. You think it's normal for people to do 150mph at 3am? 

It happens literally everyday

15 hours ago, maddenboy said:

-------

which, as i think about it, might be part of buying a Lambo in the first place.  Instead of a nice Porsche.

Fixed that for you 😉 

• Haha (+1) 1

A '23 Lamborghini Urus. Interstate 94, just after 3am on a Thursday, he decides to open her up, and see what she'll do. He, and that cop were probably the only people on the road at that time. He didn't try to flee, he wasn't drunk, and he wasn't armed. I'm not going to judge this too harshly.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

A '23 Lamborghini Urus. Interstate 94, just after 3am on a Thursday, he decides to open her up, and see what she'll do. He, and that cop were probably the only people on the road at that time. He didn't try to flee, he wasn't drunk, and he wasn't armed. I'm not going to judge this too harshly.

until a car is broken down, or something bad happens, of course. 

it’s ok to condemn terrible behavior loudly and directly without thinking there’s no redeeming oneself 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 7/20/2023 at 2:46 PM, That's No Moon said:

Yes, but why buy a Urus specifically? You have the budget to buy anything and you buy a reskinned Audi SUV. If you're going to buy a Lambo, buy a proper Lambo not a Lambo for soccer moms.

Used to be you could tell a Lambo from anything else on the road. Everything is starting to look alike. That Urus looks like an electric Hyundai. 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I owned a Ford Taurus SHO and put it to the test at 3am, on the Thruway, on my way to work knowing that there wouldn't be many cars on the road at that time. Didn't think about the deer though😎

Being a fan of very fast cars myself , I could never go super speed at night. The reason you mentioned.

Was driving my son to buffalo airport form Rochester a month or so ago and we were running late

I was doing 78 on the thruway trying to make up time. And a a coyote ran halfway into the lane and then ran back.

Had high beams on , but that got my heart going. A buck deer is enough to kill you if it comes through the windshield.

We live near enough to Watkins Glen and it not too hard to get track time in a club. and super easy for a millionaire lol
Kids need better life skills.
 Hope he learns to respect the road.

We all do stupid when young ! Are we aint doin it right :)

18 hours ago, T master said:

Whose Jordan Addison ? 😜

I drove 127 mph once but no one cared ...

In what vehicle ?
If you did it in a  1987 ford fiesta ? I applaud you  LOL

On 7/20/2023 at 2:46 PM, That's No Moon said:

Audi has its fingerprints all over Lamborghini these days.  The Huracan is just an R8.  

It just shows he doesn’t think like an adult yet, silly azs stunt, and he is lucky no one pulled out in front of him, ya can’t “ just stop” at that sort of speed, he lucked out this time, hopefully making stupid choices on public roads is just a phase of youthful dumbazsness, and he gets past this sort of stuff. 

Edited by Don Otreply

51 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

FTR, I think those Hyundai EVs are straight out of 1986. And not in a good way.

I have an 88 Supra. Love it, but I hear you on the EV Hyundai has. Been impressed with the looks of other EVs out there. 

Edited by Dopey
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.