Bills red helmet throwbacks incoming? 2023 NFL throwback uniform news

loyal2dagame

12 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

This one looks pretty good on paper. 

F60C6579-673A-48B7-B0E4-F7F44FACB7BE.thumb.jpeg.5302484551303e73efaf682290033c67.jpeg

Ironically,  for the Ralph is cheap crowd - this was done out of necessity.  Rather than go white helmets and buy a whole new set for a 2 times use (one home against the broncos and 1 away vs oilers) he just opted for a decal swap. Pretty meh

20 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

It's been done, for 1 game in '94 against the Broncos.  Hideous.

DqrwenoX0AEGcpd.jpg

2 games, broncos at home in blues- oilers on the road in whites

10 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Ironically,  for the Ralph is cheap crowd - this was done out of necessity.  Rather than go white helmets and buy a whole new set for a 2 times use (one home against the broncos and 1 away vs oilers) he just opted for a decal swap. Pretty meh

Ralph was cheap.  Extremely cheap.  He opened the pocket book for a short while in the Kelly era, it didn't work, and he went back to closing the wallet until he died. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Against the Oilers in those butt ugly red grazer helmets Bruce Smith had the best sack game of his career with 5.

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

It's been rumored for a while now that they were planning on doing the 90s throwbacks. I'm down for it. I like the current kits they have the most but mixing it up is fun too. 

Yes and no for me.  The true red helmets were just painted red, almost dull in color.  If now they use that more metallic red, then he’ll yes.  

Chris Trapasso was guest hosting on OBL Friday and he had a good idea he’s been promoting.  Instead of color rush (I never like the color rush look) Thursdays, he suggested the league should go with “Throwback Thursdays” so that for us could be the 60’s look, but I like the updated 90’s look.  

I kind of like it.  It would be pretty cool going with the red helmet on any Thursday night we play.  Sign me up.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1

On 7/15/2023 at 8:33 AM, Nextmanup said:

Ralph was cheap.  Extremely cheap.  He opened the pocket book for a short while in the Kelly era, it didn't work, and he went back to closing the wallet until he died. 

Ralph kept his wallet open long after the Kelly era.

Did you forget Drew Bledsoe, Sam Adams, Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Lawyer Milloy…it wasn’t until he cut loose of Donahoe that Ralph tightened the purse strings.

On 7/13/2023 at 10:12 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

1200px-Buffalo-Bills-classic-logo-svg.pn

Back to back AFL champs!

With one modification... the fifth leg should be dragging along the ground. 

With a miniature Christian Wilkins holding on for dear life.

Edited by BRH
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 7/15/2023 at 8:33 AM, Nextmanup said:

Which,  is why I referenced the 'ralph is cheap crowd'. Safe to say you are a card carrying member? 😉

10 hours ago, Irv said:

I've banned the red helmets.  Anybody remember wide right?  

Okay you banned them in your house; how many visitors come wearing them?

Color of helmet had nothing to do with kick wide right. 

Not getting closer to goal posts was cause on a grass field where Norwood had trouble kicking on.

Every year Scott Norwood shows up our annual tailgate and every year he gracefully answers questions on that kick.

On 7/13/2023 at 5:35 PM, NJKBillsfan said:

Don't understand the love for the white helmet's.

The red helmets are so much better. 

Absolutely. 

The 1990's uniforms with Red End Zones are so much better than the designs they are wearing now. 

Starting with that 2002 jersey change, things have gone downhill. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Absolutely. 

The 1990's uniforms with Red End Zones are so much better than the designs they are wearing now. 

Starting with that 2002 jersey change, things have gone downhill. 

To be fair, todays unis are top notch, but them early 90’s unis are iconic.  An updated version would look amazing 

22 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Something is definitely up.

Unless Labatt just happens to have a bunch of red helmets laying around.

*lying* around

Are we allowed to use red helmets only some of the time?  Or would we have to switch to them for the entire season? 

I know the NFL's rules are somewhat restrictive with this sort of stupid stuff.

They should be allowed to wear whatever the heck they want, every game, as long as there is no color confusion with the opponent.

I think fans like this sort of thing and what the hell, it adds diversity to things...and greatly multiplies the potential for merchandising sales, which I'm sure the team loves.

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

*lying* around

Are we allowed to use red helmets only some of the time?  Or would we have to switch to them for the entire season? 

I know the NFL's rules are somewhat restrictive with this sort of stupid stuff.

They should be allowed to wear whatever the heck they want, every game, as long as there is no color confusion with the opponent.

I think fans like this sort of thing and what the hell, it adds diversity to things...and greatly multiplies the potential for merchandising sales, which I'm sure the team loves.

The NFL recently opened it up to allow a second helmet. Not sure if there are any rules around how many times they can use them, but I'm sure it works like the other uniform changes where it is all planned out ahead of time.

25 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

looks pretty good actually

Browns have to have, bar none, the worst uniforms in the league.  Been that way forever.

Given their history and lack of "recent" success, you would think they would do something about it.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.