Bills red helmet throwbacks incoming? 2023 NFL throwback uniform news

loyal2dagame

Glad they had the good sense to use the Labatt's Blue Light logo instead of Bud Light with that red helmet - probably want to avoid Anheuser- Busch brands all together about now.🙂 

I liked the red helmets - hope they can be used as a throwback this year, 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 3

6 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Glad they had the good sense to use the Labatt's Blue Light logo instead of Bud Light with that red helmet - probably want to avoid Anheuser- Busch brands all together about now.🙂 

I liked the red helmets - hope they can be used as a throwback this year, 

Maybe I like them because I associate them with memories of the team wearing them in Super Bowls .... not so much because they look good. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

The emblem on that helmet looks like it's pointing up too much. 

"Where do these stairs go?"

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Let's bring back everything that reminds us of failure.

I mean, what exactly reminds you of success with this regime?

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, nucci said:

Don't understood the obsession with red helmets. Never liked them except with all white unis. White pants, blue jersey and red helmet do not match

Basically you are saying the helmet colors don't match because all the colors you listed are on both helmets 

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Live look at Bills Backers Bar in San Francisco when the red helmet announcement comes out (just like they did!)

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Oh I get it. The assumption is that everyone in Frisco is gay

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Don't understand the love for the white helmet's.

The red helmets are so much better. 

I feel the exact opposite way. As a kid when they went to the red helmets, I thought they were awful, never liked them, and when they went back to the whites I thought it was the best uniform thing they could do and wondered why it took so long.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Don't understood the obsession with red helmets. Never liked them except with all white unis. White pants, blue jersey and red helmet do not match

I agree. The red helmets were mocked by Buffalo Bills fans when they came out when I was a teenager. The Bills went to them to help Joe Ferguson locate wide receivers because a lot of teams had white helmets. Joe Ferguson wasn’t around much longer for the Bills but the controversial red helmets stayed. Why not old look a like leather helmets with Buffalo Bill Cody on them and the Buffalo Bill Cody at the 50 yard line when the new Bills stadium opens. That would be something look a like leather helmets with Buffalo Bill Cody back again if Buffalo Bills fans want real throwbacks. I want the crazy looking Buffalo Bill Cody logo for the alternative helmets in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by I am leaving for good

50 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

I agree. The red helmets were mocked by Buffalo Bills fans when they came out when I was a teenager. The Bills went to them to help Joe Ferguson locate wide receivers because a lot of teams had white helmets. Joe Ferguson wasn’t around much longer for the Bills but the controversial red helmets stayed. Why not old look a like leather helmets with Buffalo Bill Cody on them and the Buffalo Bill Cody at the 50 yard line when the new Bills stadium opens. That would be something look a like leather helmets with Buffalo Bill Cody back again if Buffalo Bills fans want real throwbacks. I want the crazy looking Buffalo Bill Cody logo for the alternative helmets in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Is the strong Joe F. connection a myth?  Bills website says Kay Stephens initiated the change.

Maybe it was for the benefit of Joe in general but might have not been the only reason.  He might have came up with the idea regardless who was at QB.   It seems like Joe gets the credit/blame depending on your point of view. 

6 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Is the strong Joe F. connection a myth?  Bills website says Kay Stephens initiated the change.

Maybe it was for the benefit of Joe in general but might have not been the only reason.  He might have came up with the idea regardless who was at QB.   It seems like Joe gets the credit/blame depending on your point of view. 

Kay changed them to help Fergy since Miami, Jets, Pats all had white helmets

37 minutes ago, nucci said:

Kay changed them to help Fergy since Miami, Jets, Pats all had white helmets

we might never know if this is true.

But at the time, this was the only reason ever given (or that i ever heard).   So i never had reason to doubt it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.