Josh buys modest beach house in SoCal

Captain_Quint

I say modest because a 3bed/4bath  even for $7.2mil, seems better than some of the decisions these players make (and celebs in general).  

https://www.ocregister.com/2023/07/10/superstar-nfl-qb-josh-allen-pays-7-2-million-for-dana-point-house/

Any positive or negative thoughts on this new move? Or just another step in the process for Josh. 

Someone whip out their tax returns so we can see who could buy this. 

Edited by Captain_Quint
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

I say modest because a 3bed/4bath  even for $7.2mil, seems better than some of the decisions these players make (and celebs in general).  

https://www.ocregister.com/2023/07/10/superstar-nfl-qb-josh-allen-pays-7-2-million-for-dana-point-house/

Any positive or negative thoughts on this new move? Or just another step in the process for Josh. 

He bought a house. A step in what process?

I don't know. Perhaps there is a TMZ article somewhere with further insight on the matter.

27 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

7.2 mil for under 3000 SQ ft

f*ck California 

If you think that's crazy, a person in San Fran sold their crumbling house that only had 3 walls and no roof for $1.6 million a few years ago.

The buyer bulldozed the house and built a new house on the land, which is what he wanted.

California is a different kinda crazy with housing prices.

41 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

He is not throwing away his shot...he is young, scrappy and hungry...

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain_Quint said:

Good for him. Look at it as an investment. Better to buy a house in a premium market than sink the money in some startup or crypto. 

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The funny part is that the article says that many buyers would pay $7.2m just to tear it down and build a new, bigger house. So there may indeed be more to come in ‘the process’. Again….welcome to California! 😂

His new girl is a Calif native, too. Both probably wanted it to happen. 

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

7.2 mil for under 3000 SQ ft

f*ck California 

That's only $2400 a foot on or near the water.

In Manhattan, you can pay that much for a 2000 foot 2 bedroom.

Not every market is Cheektowaga...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

1 hour ago, Captain_Quint said:

Josh has owned a house, in the Dana Point area, for years - since the 2020 off season?  I think before that he was leasing a house in that area off-season.   Marc Sanchez talked about being invited to the house warming in his 2020 "Fourth and Forever" interview with Josh (pretty funny interview - both very relaxed with each other, worth a listen)  I'm sure the house was all trendy and decorated by his then-girlfriend Britt who posted all sorts of social media stuff about it.  It was really close to the beach, she posted pics of them walking down to the beach with Sky.

Reasons to buy different house:

1) Don't think his previous house was in a gated community and may not have had access to a private golf club and private beach .  Now that he's more known nationally and has paparazzi stalking his Mexican vacation with Hailee Steinfeld, he may feel the need for more privacy and security

2) Maybe the other house had Britt memories he wanted to leave behind

3) Maybe Britt got the other house as part of a Palimony settlement.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

The funny part is that the article says that many buyers would pay $7.2m just to tear it down and build a new, bigger house. So there may indeed be more to come in ‘the process’. Again….welcome to California! 😂

I'm pretty sure that's what he did with his house in West Seneca - bought it for the property and had the house torn down and a new house built to Brittany's specs.

So that could be happening.

Seems crazy, but if he wants "in" to the Monarch Point golf club and the security, he's got the money to do that.

Edited by Beck Water

50 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

His new girl is a Calif native, too. Both probably wanted it to happen. 

How about a nice lake front bungalow for in-season? They can snuggle while watching the icebergs pile up on the shore in gale-force winds.

42 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's only $2400 a foot on or near the water.

In Manhattan, you can pay that much for a 2000 foot 2 bedroom.

Not every market is Cheektowaga...

My friend's brother is a Professor at Stanford and his wife is also a Professor there too.

They live in a 750 sq ft condo in Palo Alto and appraised at $2.7 million.

1 hour ago, teef said:

hey...good for him.

Do we know anyone that could afford that house?  

• Like (+1) 1

Ya Gotta admit that this Demi god worship nonsense is reaching new lows, it appears a second hobby is in order for the  “unwashed” masses…, 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Captain_Quint said:

His first order of business upon moving in is removing that picture of dolphins hanging in the dining room.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Ya Gotta admit that this Demi god worship nonsense is reaching new lows, it appears a second hobby is in order for the  “unwashed” masses…, 

I agree. We need to find out what Tage Thompson is doing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.