The duo is back!

BillsFan619

3 hours ago, Beast said:

If these two are able to stay healthy.

The concern is overrated.  Not towards you Beast my friend, but overall.

These guys prior to last year were in the field for 94% of the games since 2017.  It’s like when Eric Wood broke his leg and people cried injury prone when in reality he was so reliable over a long period of time.  Eventually the neck ruined him.  Unfortunately thats the Achilles for O Linemen.  The neck and back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

These guys prior to last year were in the field for 94% of the games since 2017.  It’s like when Eric Wood broke his leg and people cried injury prone when in reality he was so reliable over a long period of time.  Eventually the neck ruined him.  Unfortunately thats the Achilles for O Linemen.  The neck and back.

No doubt they have had an injury free career for the most part. I think it was Poyer who go said he felt extremely beat up at the end of the season. Age certainly is a factor. 

IMO, they are the best duo in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

I was thinking Green Hornet & Kato, but thats just me…

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Over/Under on Combined Games Missed in 2023?

I'll set it at 8.5

Agreed. This has the potential of a very disastrous season.

- Von coming off of an ACL

- Hyde coming off of a serious neck injury

- Poyer coming off of a year he was consistently banged up AND showed signs of decline

I truly question whether Von will be toast. Its one thing to come back from an ACL when you're in your mid 20's. But 34? Different ballgame.

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

The difference being the broken leg was Wood's rookie season and isnt an "injury prone" type injury vs Hyde/Poyer both being into their 30s and getting lots of soft tissue injuries mounting up over the years.

NO ONE is saying Hyde/Poyer were injury prone over their career. But let's face facts, they are on the wrong side of 30 and playing one of the most violent positions in an already violent game. The thought that they'll both go injury free is simply naive.

I dont want them to miss games. I'm not knocking them for missing games. The reality is they are old and coming off major injuries. The FO and coaches better have a better plan for when they do miss games than they had last year.

2 hours ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

Hyde's INT vs NE in the playoff game was the best INT I've ever seen in 40 years of watching football.  

It was doubly great because Josh made a similar (but much better) throw that actually went for a TD, and it allowed the commentators to discuss the vast differences between a stud like Allen vs a noodle-arm like McCorkle live and in real time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The difference being the broken leg was Wood's rookie season and isnt an "injury prone" type injury vs Hyde/Poyer both being into their 30s and getting lots of soft tissue injuries mounting up over the years.

NO ONE is saying Hyde/Poyer were injury prone over their career. But let's face facts, they are on the wrong side of 30 and playing one of the most violent positions in an already violent game. The thought that they'll both go injury free is simply naive.

I dont want them to miss games. I'm not knocking them for missing games. The reality is they are old and coming off major injuries. The FO and coaches better have a better plan for when they do miss games than they had last year.

It was doubly great because Josh made a similar (but much better) throw that actually went for a TD, and it allowed the commentators to discuss the vast differences between a stud like Allen vs a noodle-arm like McCorkle live and in real time.

I thought the Cheats moved the ball pretty well against us in that drive.  When Hyde made that play it was all down hill from there.   They were in the rearview mirror after that.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Cruiserplayer said:

I was hoping for Allen and Diggs.

4 hours ago, Saint Doug said:

Me too. Should we be worried? Maybe a thread on this?

It is okay. We have a spare Allen.

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

"Buffalo's hardest hitting reporters asking the tough questions!"

Sullivan admitted he wrote column before game; sometimes he missed a few corrections.

Bucky copied Sullivan's draft and did not do corrections.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

Go Bills!

I’ll never forget them. Best safety tandem the Bills ever fielded easily. They deserve a Super Bowl to finish their awesome careers here in Buffalo….

Having said that, after the Bills went out got those Safties and then had the 2017 draft I thought we really are going to kick everyone’s ass. Then, we got Allen and everything took off….

Except, we really haven’t done anything like getting those safeties or having that draft again….

Unless of course the 2022 and 2023 drafts save us. Beane really seemed to attack drafts differently lately, particularly this year. Instead of trying to get the draft to fit his holes, he identified where the talent lied and went out and got it instead. Hers to Beane maturing as a GM! If Beane did nail the last two drafts,we really should be right there asaSuper Bowl hopeful (and Hyde & Poyer are healthy, particularly for the playoffs, LOL!)

Go Bills!

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Toomstone.Part.Duex said:

Hyde's INT vs NE in the playoff game was the best INT I've ever seen in 40 years of watching football.  

It was incredible. That was a perfect pass. I mean the WR could have caught it with his eyes closed. And Hyde seemed to have come out of no where and make an insanely athletic catch. It was a thing of beauty. 

edit: just click the “watch on YouTube”

Edited by stevestojan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.