Detroit-unveils new Helmet in honor of their 90th season

TBBills Fan

1 minute ago, teef said:

is this what you needed luck for?

life would be so simple if this were true.  

2 minutes ago, 17islongenough said:

I like the helmet but not the gray unitard

yeah a crisp white or blue/white combo would be slick

Love the color of the helmet and its style...as far as the logo goes, I like the refresh, but I would say its good but could have been better.  

Overall though, I think the new helmet is a win and I dig it.  I would love to see a helmet with Bills colors using this style of base paint myself personally.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I was describing Detroit, not the Lions.  I actually like Dan Campbell, we were lucky to beat them last year, after our game they wont an a tear and if they beat us, they would have won 7 in a row.

They are a team to watch in the NFC. I don't know if they could get by the Eagles or Niners, but they have a good chance at the playoffs. It wouldn't surprise me if they win their division.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Love the color of the helmet and its style...as far as the logo goes, I like the refresh, but I would say its good but could have been better.  

Overall though, I think the new helmet is a win and I dig it.  I would love to see a helmet with Bills colors using this style of base paint myself personally.  

Im not sure I like the lion in the logo. It looks stretched out, too thin, and I dont mean to insult the artist but looks too amateurish.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 17

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Im not sure I like the lion in the logo. It looks stretched out, too thin, and I dont mean to insult the artist but looks too amateurish.

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Yeah I totally agree, the only thing that saves it is the stripes in terms of just being a refresh.  But the old lion is much better and I think they could have done a much better lion in the new logo.  

The color and paint style save the helmet though for me and overall still is a win.  But I am with you, the lion is a weak spot for sure

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

that would be interesting!

7 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

it’s intentional - supposed to hearken back to the old Ford Mustang logo.

image.thumb.jpeg.659a5be9ff4a4290e33a993b235dcfef.jpeg

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

it’s intentional - supposed to harken back to the old Ford Mustang logo.

I see, yeah I see that now that you point it out - I wouldn't have gotten that.

I still think it could have been a bit crisper and not so sketch looking.

Capture.JPG

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Not on board w the Lion either.  The Blue is sweet, the rest.. meh

1 hour ago, What a Tuel said:

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Agreed. That was my criticism as well. Does that version of the lion have some type of history with the team, perhaps?

59 minutes ago, Gregg said:

FzKKP2yWYAAAMMG?format=jpg&name=900x900

That combo looks bad to me. I do not like the gray uniforms with that helmet.

Edited by MJS
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Agreed. Thay was my criticism as well. Does that version of the lion have some type of history with the team, perhaps?

That combo looks bad to me. I do not like the gray uniforms with that helmet.

Agree. I think it will look good with white, but not that grey. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Same here. Love the color of the helmet and the overall style. The lion they picked for the logo is ok, but could have been better IMO.

overall I like it.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Does it beat the Fitzmagic helmet.

Why do we get the a$$-end?   He was four seasons here, more than any other team, we should be up front with the head of the Buffalo.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

Why do we get the a$$-end?   He was four seasons here, more than any other team, we should be up front with the head of the Buffalo.  

Agree with you on that one.

8 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

will we get the red helmets this year?

I don't know about the Bills, but the Seahawks will wear their old uniforms this year vs the Browns week 8 per the uniform gridiron database site.

2023_SEA_P.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Agree with you on that one.

I don't know about the Bills, but the Seahawks will wear their old uniforms this year vs the Browns week 8 per the uniform gridiron database site.

2023_SEA_P.png

Those were some very nice uniforms!  Those and the old Kelly Green Eagles uniforms are some of the all-time best in the NFL

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

This Lions helmet has half the board convinced we should fire McDermott.

I don’t agree but it’s the best logic they’ve used so far.

I mean McDermott cant even get our red helmets approved.....so its not unreasonable to want him gone...Detroit got it done

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, it kind of looks like someone's kid drew the lion, or they had a contest for the rookies to draw their logo, and used the best one.  

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.