Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

11 minutes ago, teef said:

says the guy who was convinced there was a CIA level cover up at OBD yesterday.

I honestly think he should change his name to Rocky.  He's definitely relentless.  Gets lit up yesterday, comes right back this morning.

I see this GIF in my head every time I see him post now.  Just keeps coming!

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I honestly think he should change his name to Rocky.  He's definitely relentless.  Gets lit up yesterday, comes right back this morning.

When a fool argues with an expert, they often think the expert is getting lit up.

I am used to being the expert.

• Eyeroll 5

18 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The Daboll information was sent to Flores before the Giants ever interviewed Daboll.

So in your mind, the Giants had already decided they wanted to hire Daboll before ever interviewing him, and therefore decided to conduct a sham interview with Flores, and part of their scheme to conduct this sham interview with Flores, they pretended that Daboll (who they already decided to hire before ever interviewing him) would be open to making a lateral move that he wasn't actually willing to make?

That makes sense to you?

I'm too lazy to dig up all this times in the past few seasons that McD said we need more balance, he talked to Daboll etc over the years. It was perfectly apparent that they didn't see eye to eye and had different visions of the offense. I am sure of some searched this board there will be plenty of topics oflver the past couple years on it. 

It certainly did feel like at some point Daboll was leaving for an HC job or even when his contract expired. I suppose it even could have been Frazier like and stepping away. 

Equating unhappiness in your job in real industries and having it known vs in a professional league with a handful of people, word travels fast. I'm fairly certain most assistants and most coordinators know who is happy and who is not. Just like teams know which UFAs are leaving and which will re-sign with their team. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

I'm too lazy to dig up all this times in the past few seasons that McD said we need more balance, he talked to Daboll etc over the years. It was perfectly apparent that they didn't see eye to eye and had different visions of the offense. I am sure of some searched this board there will be plenty of topics oflver the past couple years on it. 

It certainly did feel like at some point Daboll was leaving for an HC job or even when his contract expired. I suppose it even could have been Frazier like and stepping away. . 

Yeah I mean the writing was on the wall and it was pretty obvious. I have no idea why certain posters are arguing this point.

The leaked text from the Giants director of player personnel was just icing on the cake.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

giphy.gif

will you be my apollo creed?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The Daboll information was sent to Flores before the Giants ever interviewed Daboll.

So in your mind, the Giants had already decided they wanted to hire Daboll before ever interviewing him, and therefore decided to conduct a sham interview with Flores, and part of their scheme to conduct this sham interview with Flores, they pretended that Daboll (who they already decided to hire before ever interviewing him) would be open to making a lateral move that he wasn't actually willing to make?

That makes sense to you?

LOL!  You know that former Bills AGM Joe Schoen was hired as the Giants' GM and Daboll was always going to be the HC, right?

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  You know that former Bills AGM Joe Schoen was hired as the Giants' GM and Daboll was always going to be the HC, right?

It was done before the KC game.  Daboll left work early (I believe) the day Schoen was hired to smoke cigars to celebrate. 

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

not sure what/why all the talk about daboll to giants.

Anyway, why did the Bills cancel day 3 of mandatory camp??! 

Because they felt like it.  Happens often around the league.  Jets canceled the full week.

• Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Schoen was hired by the Giants as GM, weeks after the text message about Daboll wanting to leave Buffalo.

Again, the timeline doesnt fit.

What fits is what @Reed83HOF said. Daboll wanted away from McD. It wasn't a secret.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Yeah I mean the writing was on the wall and it was pretty obvious. I have no idea why certain posters are arguing this point.

The leaked text from the Giants director of player personnel was just icing on the cake.

That certainly increased the odds to signs pointing he was on his way out. It is also very unlikely that the person from the Giants was the only one who knew this. A reasonable assumption is that it was widely known in league circles. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

It was done before the KC game.  Daboll left work early (I believe) the day Schoen was hired to smoke cigars to celebrate. 

That timeline makes sense.

The info about Daboll wanting to leave McDermott (even in a lateral move) was shared on Jan 11.  Schoen didnt even have his 1st interview with the Giants until AFTER that.

@Doc's theory is that the Giants had already decided they wanted to hire Schoen (before ever interviewing him), and Schoen gave them information that he wanted Daboll (before ever interviewing him) and therefore decided to conduct a sham interview with Flores, and part of their scheme to conduct this sham interview with Flores, they pretended that Daboll (who they already decided to hire before ever interviewing him based on their decision to already hire Schoen who they also hadn't ever interviewed yet) would be open to making a lateral move that he wasn't actually willing to make.

Quite the mental gymnastics to get around the fact that Daboll wanted away from McD.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Schoen was hired by the Giants as GM, weeks after the text message about Daboll wanting to leave Buffalo.

Again, the timeline doesnt fit.

What fits is what @Reed83HOF said. Daboll wanted away from McD. It wasn't a secret.

If the Giants could mislead Flores about his chances as HC, they could easily mislead him about Daboll's alleged unhappiness with the Bills to get around tampering rules and pry him away from the Bills.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Einstein said:

When a fool argues with an expert, they often think the expert is getting lit up.

I am used to being the expert.

One thing you are not is an NBA player because you keep getting dunked on.  BOOOO YAAAA!  🤣 🔥

Also, what exactly makes you an "NFL Expert"?  I'm sure you're dying to post your credentials...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

not sure what/why all the talk about daboll to giants.

Anyway, why did the Bills cancel day 3 of mandatory camp??! 

It's normal from what I hear. I believe they've done it in the past. A little bonus for the players. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Guys I've been thinking about this and there is really no way for @Einstein  to prove his IQ has been tested that I'm willing to accept. I'm really having a hard time with this possible lie from the president of a company. Think about the workers! I suggest that we all go get tested and maybe he will slip in with the rest of us and do the right thing.  I think it's really the only way I can sleep at night.

Anyway, here's a link to one of the better organizations who do IQ tests. Please make sure to take the time out of your schedule to go take an actual physical test in person. This is an accomplishment I can dream and achieve!

https://www.mensa.org/contact/national-groups

44 minutes ago, Irv said:

Breaking News!  Diggs not at Day 3 mini-camp!  Holy Sh*t!

My god he took the whole damn team with him this time too.

9 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Guys I've been thinking about this and there is really no way for @Einstein  to prove his IQ has been tested that I'm willing to accept. I'm really having a hard time with this possible lie from the president of a company. Think about the workers! I suggest that we all go get tested and maybe he will slip in with the rest of us and do the right thing.  I think it's really the only way I can sleep at night.

Anyway, here's a link to one of the better organizations who do IQ tests. Please make sure to take the time out of your schedule to go take an actual physical test in person. This is an accomplishment I can dream and achieve!

https://www.mensa.org/contact/national-groups

This is a special thread.

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

If the Giants could mislead Flores about his chances as HC, they could easily mislead him about Daboll's alleged unhappiness with the Bills to get around tampering rules and pry him away from the Bills.  

Good point.  If a team had actually had discussions with Daboll about his willingness to leave Buffalo to take an OC position elsewhere such that they KNEW he would be willing to do so..... That Would Be Tampering, I do believe.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Sean overruled the ST coordinator on the squib - do you really think he wasn't in on the defensive call? He was talking into his headset...

This year

I was sitting with players families 9 rows up on the 25 yardline and saw Sean calling plays after Cincy scored their 2nd TD. After they scored McD was actually coaching up the Defense on the sideline with Frazier just standing there holding the play sheet doing nothing.

Good info I appreciate it. I’m glad he iced out Frazier he was way too passive. 

I still have no problem not squibbing there. With the Bills’ luck the squib would’ve gone out of bounce or something 

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I’ve found it’s mostly people who aren’t members of Mensa who run around telling people they are.   

It seems like the type of thing (being a member of Mensa) that someone with an ounce of self-awareness would refrain from bringing up in normal conversation.  I mean, I have a WAIS tested IQ of 146, but I don't run around telling random strangers about it.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheBrownBear said:

It seems like the type of thing (being a member of Mensa) that someone with an ounce of self-awareness would refrain from bringing up in normal conversation.  I mean, I have a WAIS tested IQ of 146, but I don't run around telling random strangers about it.

Until now!

It would be strange telling folks you are a member of an organization that you aren't.

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

You just did.

But the point is valid.  I know high-IQ folks who don't openly talk about their scores.  Their attitude is often something like: the only thing a high IQ proves is that you're good at taking IQ tests.  

Something similar goes on with soldiers.  Prince Harry brags in his book that he killed something like 25 enemy soldiers.  As a combat veteran myself, I can tell you that many/most soldiers who notched kills don't brag about it.   

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

You just did.

But the point is valid.  I know high-IQ folks who don't openly talk about their scores.  Their attitude is often something like: the only thing a high IQ proves is that you're good at taking IQ tests.  

Something similar goes on with soldiers.  Prince Harry brags in his book that he killed something like 25 enemy soldiers.  As a combat veteran myself, I can tell you that many/most soldiers who notched kills don't brag about it.   

Haha.  Sorry, I thought it was clear that my post was in jest and clearly intentionally ironic.  I do know my IQ and feel no need to disclose it to others.

I agree with your broader points.  Our office is full of whipsmart STEM Ph.D.'s and they almost universally have a lot of humility about their own intelligence and acknowledge that, however smart they may be, there's always someone else out there that can run circles around them.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.