Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

I am letting people tell lies without correcting them.  If lies help the big man sleep, the big man can keep telling lies.

I really hope Josh isn’t “The Big dog”. Would hate to see an issue between Josh and Diggs. Their relationship is huge for this team. 

7 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This is amazing.  Get in a mother effing room and talk directly like civilized people for Christ sakes.  WTF is wrong with this generation?  Did do it right?

this has g0ne 0n f0rever in all sp0rts..it's n0t a generati0n issue.  

Just now, wppete said:

I really hope Josh isn’t “The Big dog”. Would hate to see an issue between Josh and Diggs. Their relationship is huge for this team. 

As this comes together it feels like a lot of credence to the fact that Diggs is pissed about not being consulted internally. And maybe he’s saying Josh saying he supports Stef is a bunch of lies. 

Which is fair. 

But not fair enough to cause all those noise the last few months. 

Also, when you sprint out of the stadium in your pads after a tough loss; then don’t come back for locker clean out day, going off the grid, I certainly understand not going to Stef about much of anything. 

I assume Josh likely said something similar. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

What did Josh lie about?  At least that would get Diggs mad?

“I love Stef as a brother” or making clear there isn’t a personal issue between him and Diggs when Diggs feels there is?

IF Diggs is talking about Josh. He may not be.

I really hope it is nothing serious. So if it is, I apologize and wish him that bad.

bit let’s be honest. Even before this, dude has been drama but we excused it. He was drama in a good situation in Minnesota (though Cousins is a fraud and a dork). He got the ball a lot on a team that won. He sulks here when he doesn’t get the ball. But fans just excused. 

I played receiver through college, Andre Reed is my favorite Bill ever, and I think Jerry Rice might be the best player ever (debatable I know). But nfl receivers are worse than teenage girls. They just whine like female dogs and make it all about them when it is clear they honestly aren’t as important as they are made out to be.

the Chiefs won a SB after trading Hill. Most of the top receivers of the 20 years never win a thing. With Josh making his money, this is Diggs last season. I’m so over these dudes like him and crybaby Cole. This is a SB contender. No distractions. 

Again if it something serious, I retract but this has been a pattern. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

“I love Stef as a brother” or making clear there isn’t a personal issue between him and Diggs when Diggs feels there is?

IF Diggs is talking about Josh. He may not be.

You can have an issue with a brother and still love him.  But at no point did Josh throw Diggs under the bus over the situation.  I don't buy it's to him Diggs is referring.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

As this comes together it feels like a lot of credence to the fact that Diggs is pissed about not being consulted internally. And maybe he’s saying Josh saying he supports Stef is a bunch of lies. 

Which is fair. 

But not fair enough to cause all those noise the last few months. 

Also, when you sprint out of the stadium in your pads after a tough loss; then don’t come back for locker clean out day, going off the grid, I certainly understand not going to Stef about much of anything. 

I assume Josh likely said something similar. 

Diggs is the only player who care blah blah. Dude acted like a baby. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

What did Josh lie about?  At least that would get Diggs mad?

I am just piecing this together with everybody else. But if I had to guess…

Allen (Von?) saying they totally support Diggs and what he’s doing is where Diggs takes issue. He doesn’t feel like they have his back in Diggs complaints to getting a seat at the table.

I get it to an extent.

But also, Diggs abandoned the team when they were down after that game and didn’t show up to locker clean out. From somebody who managed a lot of high level teams I likely wouldn’t have proactively searched his opinion on anything either. 

I don’t think you can discuss the offseason coaching changes and Diggs involvement without talking about how he behaved after the CIN game. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, jahnyc said:

Not suggesting we do it and unless I am reading Overthecap incorrectly, it looks like if we trade Diggs we would have $13 million plus in dead cap and approximately $1.67 million in cap savings this season (with additional future dead cap hits over the next four years).  This would not be a good result for our Super Bowl aspirations, but if this is correct, it can be done.

"It's basically impossible for Stefon Diggs to not be on the Bills this season.. The way his contract is structured he essentially can't be moved" ~

@RapSheet

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BobbyC81 said:

After one season of Justin Jefferson, I felt the trade favored Minnesota.  Now, way in Vikes favor.

Raiders might take him.  Diggs for Adams?   Adams’ Buddy Carr is gone. 

Wait until Jefferson demands to be traded.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

You can have an issue with a brother and still love him.  But at no point did Josh throw Diggs under the bus over the situation.  I don't buy it's to him Diggs is referring.

Josh has done nothing but take the high road. I think Brady is a whiny little female dog but he would have ripped Diggs a new one. Allen is in a tough spot here but I think Diggs (again if nothing serious) needs some vets to get in his face. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.