Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

As one poster just responded:

I know I am. I lived through most of this team's history. I'd rather be in the tournament every year than not be. For 90% of the Bills existence, we complained about not earning a wild card berth. And here we are agonizing over no Super Bowl.

My take isn't absurd.

Yes it is.  You might find one or two out of a thousand, yet you attach to anyone who doesn’t agree with your takes.   On top of that, please quote the entire post.  I have zero idea what context that was said in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Agree, its definitely not panic time.  Fans are obviously doing that, this thread is evidence of that (not all fans, but alot).

Absolutely concerning.  Which is why I appreciate Coach's response.  We are a group of a well educated fans, mostly, and I'd be more upset if Coach downplayed what is happening.  That has been what I was responding to.

That said, I mentioned earlier that I'm confident this gets worked out before camp.  It's coming to a head today, it will get better more these discussions occur.  Too many smart leaders, players and staff/coaches. to let something "non football related" (Josh's words), get in the way of a potential SB run...I'd honestly be more concerned if this was $$$/contract related.

I am following you and your logical approach makes sense, but Stefon has done this before in Minnesota and it never was resolved and only through a trade. That's my major concern in all of this... does he do this after the magic begins to fade at every stop, or is it different? I'm taking the wait and see approach.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Hold on stop.  One guy is in and around the team all offseason.  The other showed up for the first time 24 hours ago.  If he is wanting more input you have to be available.  I dont think its a chicken or the egg thing.  I really hope this is not the case.  It looks stupid to want to be able to do your own thing to prepare for the season but be involved in managerial decisions while your away. 

This is 2023, not 1993... communications have advanced to the point where you don't need to physically be at work to hash out important items. Do you honestly think Beane met every single person he worked a trade with or a deal with in person every single time before acting? NO.

Just now, jahnyc said:

What does "letting people cap" mean?

It means 'letting people tell lies.'

He's saying that people are telling lies and/or talking *****. And if that helps them to sleep better, to keep it up.

Edited by Dick_Cheney
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Hold on stop.  One guy is in and around the team all offseason.  The other showed up for the first time 24 hours ago.  If he is wanting more input you have to be available.  I dont think its a chicken or the egg thing.  I really hope this is not the case.  It looks stupid to want to be able to do your own thing to prepare for the season but be involved in managerial decisions while your away. 

they should invent Facetime

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

WTF! This is not English. Please someone translate this. Thanks.

It sounds like he’s talking about either McDermott or josh telling lies. I think he’s talking about josh in his presser today idk. Starting to think this is just more of a diggs problem now. Like let it go, we’ve got games to win. They couldn’t hash this out over the past five months??? Why now? It doesn’t add up

Edited by BillsSbSoon
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, EasternOHBillsFan said:

The Texans went through this with Watson... you can't ignore a coaching consult with Diggs and take a coaching consult with Allen... players will see that as racial and that's pretty serious. That sort of double standard can rip a team apart, so let's just see what develops.

Well, I hope you're wrong here. 

The Texans problem with Watson was that they promised him input.  He reportedly had dinner with Cal McNair (CEO) and was asked for his input; McNair hired a search firm, Korn Ferry, to help with their GM and HC search.  Then it all went sideways, with McNair sidestepping the GM search and input from Watson to hire Nick Caserio (reportedly at the urging of former Patriots team chaplain Jack Easterby.

If you promise a player input, they had better get input or things will go sideways fast.

The QB is the most important player on the team.  He absolutely HAS to be able to work closely with and learn to see the field the same way as the OC.

The WR, even the star WR, is part of a group of players.  It's not reasonable to expect to give the best WR input on the WR coach, the best DLman input on the DL coach.

Now on the other hand, if Diggs felt Hey, the previous OC took a lot of input from Cole Beasley, I have input too and I wasn't able give it and feel heard...that's an issue.

I really do think there was some kind of communication issue around the WR room/offense last season for *reasons*, so there may be something to address and fix.  And maybe Diggs feels that everyone's talking and no one is listening, so his only means to get their attention is to vote with his feet, hopefully at a point in time that won't really detract too much.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.