Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 minute ago, wppete said:

Thanks for that. And the other sentence? What is he saying in this statement?

I suppose: “keep telling lies about me, it doesn’t bother me at all.” 

Wonder who big dawg is? Gotta be Allen or McDermott.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Im thinking McDermott. Im speculating, proby has something to do with WR coaching. 

• Agree 2

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

McDermott only said he was ‘concerned’ but then his agent did state he wanted clarification on that statement. Josh spoke more openly about the situation.

Diggs needs to come out and just say it now. Too much underhand stirring and not enough getting on with what he’s paid handsomely to do.

27 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, he said what all of us are feeling. It absolutely is concerning. Spot on from McDermott.

Consideration Poyer gave a sermon to the team today about how important this time is and then Von says how it's not important 🙃 They seem to be on the same page as an organization 🤣

Just now, UKBillFan said:

McDermott only said he was ‘concerned’ but then his agent did state he wanted clarification on that statement. Josh spoke more openly about the situation.

Diggs needs to come out and just say it now. Too much underhand stirring and not enough getting on with what he’s paid handsomely to do.

He will never. He’s always frustratingly cryptic.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

This is 2023, not 1993... communications have advanced to the point where you don't need to physically be at work to hash out important items. Do you honestly think Beane met every single person he worked a trade with or a deal with in person every single time before acting? NO.

This is true, but in the NFL, there are also strict rules about player-coach contact in the off season.  They can have casual social type contacts but not calls about play design etc.  The NFLPA insisted on this to protect the players and allow them to take time off.

So if Diggs wants input, he pretty much had to show up to voluntary OTAs or at least be around the building in the off-season, where no one is tracking what you talk about in the team cafeteria after a workout.  He can't be off at Coachella while OTAs are starting and then gripe he didn't get input.

Screw it, suspend him and get on with the season, if it comes down to it. You can’t fix crazy or stupid and it may be a little of both. He’s losing this fan base and that’s bad for him. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. “Me” is the NFL as a whole in this scenario. These idiots can’t help themselves. Be a man and honor your obligations. Damn, what is it with wide receivers? Someone should write a thesis on this position and all their nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 1

I did not have the energy to read the whole thread.  What is the speculation on what McDermott is "very worried" about?  
Is McDermott concerned this will negatively impact Digg's performance? 

Is McDermott concerned Diggs will not play this year?
Is McDermott concerned he has lost the locker room? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.