Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

13 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Diggs’ issues:

1) Dorsey

2) Josh

3) McDermott

4) $

5) Brother

6) Crack cocaine

7) The ending to “Raiders of the Lost Ark 2”

8 Lactose intolerance

But it’s definitely not his own personality. Can’t be. 

He also has an issue cooking for himself IIRC

30 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because he’s dramatic like a teenager girl. 

this is the first time I’ve felt old. This under 30 generation loves being dramatic and emotional. It’s freaking weird. 

I get the point but that’s why you can’t be emotional as a GM.

11dd4015-f6da-49e1-b2ab-81329c723717.jpeg

At this point I feel like I'm the only person in the Buffalo area that HASN'T gotten knocked up by Allen.

• Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Ha!  I kn0w.  I b0ught it in 2014 s0 I g0t my m0neys w0rth..

I'm still using my MacBook Pro late 2013 with retina display!  Both speakers died on it some years ago and the OS is no longer supported by Apple, which is starting to become a problem with some websites.

I think I will buy a new one at Christmas.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Like I said........Ben McAdoo also took over a "perennial losing" NY Giants team..........and went 11-5 in 2016.

And Daboll "resurrected" Daniel Jones from a guy who threw 10 TD's in 2021 up to a guy who threw all of 15 TD's in 2022.    Can you see how that modest improvement of Daniel Jones from bad to "meh" might not sound like it should be compared bringing the dead back to life?

I didn't leave out those facts........I thoroughly addressed them..........you just don't like that I'm right.

As for the "coach of the year".........roughly every other year somebody wins that award who in hindsight was clearly nowhere near one of the better HC's in the NFL.

Jason Garrett won it in 2016(Adam Gase finished 3rd:blink:).   Matt Nagy won it in 2018.   Seriously, he did.  Kevin Stefanski in 2020(15-19 since).    It's not a who's who of great coaches it's more 1 hit wonders than great HC's.    I mean.......it looked good on Dick Jauron's transcript after he won it but he wasn't very good now, was he? 

y0u are seri0usly disc0unting the situati0n the giants had at wr and tight end last year...

it was a c0mplete disaster and they c0ntinued t win and j0nes played really well.

7 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

From listening to Josh's presser today it goes deeper than that.  There is some sort of personal rift between Allen and Diggs right now.  

Hmm….maybe Josh is team Trump and Diggs team not Trump. Makes as much sense as anything else. 

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

We can view it as in the past 3 seasons, Jefferson was 4th, 2nd, and 1st in receiving yards; 15th, 4th, and 1st in receptions.

Diggs has been 1st, 8th and 5th in receiving yards; 1st, 9th, and 4th in receptions.  OK, different type of offense.  Both top receivers, call it a "push".

Jefferson has a 4 year $13M contract.  Diggs has earned $54M in the past 3 seasons with another $24M this season.  No question in terms of cap ROI, Jefferson is the much better deal.  But OK, Diggs was asked to come in and change/elevate the culture of the receiving room and basically "show how it's done" vs. Jefferson playing for a vet QB on an established team.  Different roles.

Jefferson is in the middle of a contract negotiation.  When asked if he'd be in camp, he said "Will I be here?  Oh yeah.  Yeah."

Diggs not only left the building before mini-camp today, he threw out a major distraction in the way of his cryptic Insta post about "letting people cap" and "if them lies help you sleep, better tell 'em big dawg". 

I would say given the excellence of the receiving contribution vs. the much lower ROI, "will I be here? oh yeah.  Yeah." vs. "if them lies help you sleep better tell 'em big dawg" provides an alternate view that going into the 4th year, it's looking as though Minnesota may have won it.

McD and Beane would have never drafted Jefferson so your points don't matter.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

I'm still using my MacBook Pro late 2013 with retina display!  Both speakers died on it some years ago and the OS is no longer supported by Apple, which is starting to become a problem with some websites.

I think I will buy a new one at Christmas.

my speakers are sh0t als0

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Based on this is how you force your way out. Not showing up. Pumping up other teams' QBs while publicly calling yours out. It's over imo.

So you have no information that Diggs was talking about Josh as "letting people cap" or "if them lies help you sleep"?

2 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Hmm….maybe Josh is team Trump and Diggs team not Trump. Makes as much sense as anything else. 

That's utter bunk- Josh is too good of a dude... probably the worst theory I have seen all day. Just wow.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

As simple as Josh chose team over diggs, perhaps. 

That certainly would make it personal from Stef's perspective. Something obviously made him say nope, I ain't going out there today and I'm out...He was that hot today. Also making an assumption, him and Josh did not talk this entire offseason and he is still pissed enough to say nope, I'm out and put the team in that position...

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

McD and Beane would have never drafted Jefferson so your points don't matter.

The points were to address the question, is there another way to view the trade than as win-win?

I am not trying to argue as to who Beane would have drafted if he didn't make the trade.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.