Miami Super Fan TUANON Passes Away at Young Age RIP

wppete

Sad news for all football fans, Miami Super Fan Tuanon passes away tragically in a car accident at the young age of 30. Leaves young 4 kids and a wife behind. RIP. Respect to Tua and other Miami players for donating to his family, great to see this from

the players…. Tua is a great guy.

Edited by wppete
  • Sad 15
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, wppete said:

Wow Chris Simms is a true scumbag. Always knew it. This is disgusting, he is getting torched on Twitter right now.

With the Snippet provided I have zero idea why people are upset with what he said.  Chris Simms is to smart a guy not to say something idiotic as he is being flamed by some on Twitter, imo.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

15 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

With the Snippet provided I have zero idea why people are upset with what he said.  Chris Simms is to smart a guy not to say something idiotic as he is being flamed by some on Twitter, imo.

Twitter is the lowest form of human intelligence 

• Agree 10
  • Thank you (+1) 5

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Sad news for all football fans, Miami Super Fan Tuanon passes away tragically in a car accident at the young age of 30. Leaves young 4 kids and a wife behind. RIP. Respect to Tua and other Miami players for donating to his family, great to see this from

Kudos to you wppete and all the other posters showing love and condolences over this topic. 

More so I'm impressed with the level of class this board shows towards other fan bases and rivalries. Sure we have our comments and poke fun at other players and teams but always reserved and hardly mean spirited or borderline evil. 

I know many don't bother visiting other team message boards ( I do, but never register or post) but I  bring this up because as I read hateful, racist, homophobic slurs and comments from other fan bases it makes me glad I'm a Bills fan. 

There are many team fans that make me cringe and drop my head in disgust but none more than the Dolphins. To spew the hate this fan base throws out for no other reason other than recent dominance over their team and to have a QB that usually puts up record numbers every time he plays them is sad to say the least. 

I grew up in the North East a Bills fan and now have lived in Florida the last 12 years. Many a time have I've felt utterly embarrassed to live here but this stuff takes the cake. 

If you wish to see what I speak of go to FinHeaven and click the Madden cover thread. 

• Like (+1) 4

RIP. May you and Pancho continue to root for your teams from Heaven

• Like (+1) 3

Wow Chris Simms is a true scumbag. Always knew it. This is disgusting, he is getting torched on Twitter right now.

Is there a longer version? I couldn't even get a sense for what he was saying from this clip.

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Nothing said in this video is disgusting. Is there more to this clip or something?

If I were to take a random guess, maybe Simms said $10k is a pathetically small donation for an NFL player??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Nope.

Take a look at his past annual  rankings of Taysom Hill among active QBs.  

• Haha (+1) 1

While I enjoy listening to Chris Simms at times (maybe because he is generally positive about all things Bills), he is absolutely narcistic and egotistical. Dude thinks he is the smartest guy in the every room.

I saw the whole piece, and he looks like a child for letting his silly twitter dispute be the story instead of the heartache of the tragic lose of husband and father of young children and the generous donation Tua made. Grow up Chris Simms, you should be ashamed, although I doubt a guy like that ever would be.

3 hours ago, wppete said:

What did he say? That snippet he said nothing wrong? Am I missing something or is this yet another overreaction, get the pitchforks out scenario?

4 hours ago, wppete said:

Not a Simms fan, but can’t really tell what everyone was up in arms about from the clip. Only thing I sorta caught was “he’s giving money to a guy that was negative a lot”?

I have no idea if that is true about Carmona or not, but terrible timing by Simms either way if he really did say that.

11 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

What did he say? That snippet he said nothing wrong? Am I missing something or is this yet another overreaction, get the pitchforks out scenario?

Simms basically said that it was wrong for Tua to donate the money to the tragically deceased man’s family because the man was negative (trolled) him on twitter.

Edited by nbbillsfan

Just now, nbbillsfan said:

Simms basically said that it was wrong for Tua to donate the money to the tragically deceased man’s family because the man was negative (trolled) him on twitter.

Okay yeah that’s what I found too.

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-east/miami-dolphins/chris-simms-ripped-for-distasteful-comments-on-dolphins-fan-who-died

Jesus Simms grow some thicker skin. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sad day, lots of love to his family and friends. 

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Sounds like Simms was upset about the donation because the guy trolled him on Twitter. Yikes.

When discussing Carmona's death on "Pro Football Talk Live," Simms couldn't help but bring up his personal beef with the "TuAnon" fan base. 

"Obviously, it's a horrible thing," Simms said. "He was obviously a huge Tua fan. He was also a huge guy that trolled me on Twitter." 

Simms' co-host, Mike Florio, did his best to defuse the situation. However, that wouldn't stop Simms from letting his personal bias derail what should've been a delicate conversation. 

"This is a deep subject and I think it's societal and I won't go into it because I'll only get myself in trouble," Simms added. "We're setting an example of, 'Hey, here's money to a guy who was very negative too.' That's all I'm saying." 

4 hours ago, boyst said:

Twitter is the lowest form of human intelligence 

Twitter is the Speak-First-and-Think-About-What-You-Said-Based-Upon-the-Public-Reaction -verse.  

If brain activity could be measured by people that "Tweet" before they do, it'd have to rank among the lowest of any platform in history.  

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Success said:

Sad news. I respect any true fan, anywhere.  Hope the best for his family.

Ya know, it goes from being a typical fan into a family without a dad, people trying to raise money to help them initially, and Simms essentially implying, 'No, don't'.  

Maybe simply say, "The guy trolled me incessantly, but I have to support the effort to help his family" or something.  ... and if you're really that bitter about it after the fact.  

He's going to, for good reason, have a tough time talking that down.  

Sounds like a great time for him to have simply clammed up.  

34 minutes ago, mikey2dope said:

"Obviously, it's a horrible thing," Simms said. "He was obviously a huge Tua fan. He was also a huge guy that trolled me on Twitter." 

Not sure I see the big deal with this quote either.

Simms is simply saying the wholesome family guy was also a jerk to him on Twitter.

Did Simms ever say not to donate?

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Not sure I see the big deal with this quote either.

Simms is simply saying the wholesome family guy was also a jerk to him on Twitter.

Did Simms ever say not to donate?

His first quote was fine. But he was baited into going further. When he did, I do believe that he said something he will regret. He didn’t say not to donate, but he did imply that donating was not a great idea. 

He should have kept his mouth shut after he first spoke. 

• Agree 1

I think people have an issue with Simms attitude more than what he said. In the first clip he said the guy trolled me on twitter and he really didn't need to interject that. The way he said it, he came off as still being annoyed and sort of indifferent that he was talking about somebody who recently died. Then he gave a smug look for the next 2 minutes as Florio explained why twitter trolls aren't all that bad. Simms was sort of like, ok, agree to disagree. Let's move on. 

I agree it was d-baggery on Simms part. He would have been much better just leaving the twitter comment out of it. The guy died and left a huge family behind. Who cares if he trolled you on twitter. That is my take, I get why people would say nothing burger, but bad taste to chose to say something negative about the recently diseased when you have the option to not say anything. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Agree 1

I find it hard to disagree with what Simms said. Why should anyone feel obligated to donate money to the family of someone they don't know, who had trashed and bad mouthed others to gain prominence in the social sphere. It's certainly a tragedy that this man died and left behind a mother and 4 children, but that happens every day... that's the unfortunate pact that we all agree to when we're born into this world, whether we like it or not. I mean if someone on the message board here consistently trashed and trolled you i cant imagine that you'd be so becoming upon news of their passing. 

Granted he is a public figure and his words hold more sway than ours in the general public, but he's still just a human after all and subject to his emotions like the rest of us. Give it a break Bills fans and twitter..

The big news here is that Tua still has a hard time forming complete sentences based off that brief interview. Umm..I think that this, umm... bodes well for the, umm.. Bills 

Edited by Hermes
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Hermes said:

I find it hard to disagree with what Simms said. Why should anyone feel obligated to donate money to the family of someone they don't know, who had trashed and bad mouthed others to gain prominence in the social sphere. It's certainly a tragedy that this man died and left behind a mother and 4 children, but that happens every day... that's the unfortunate pact that we all agree to when we're born into this world, whether we like it or not. I mean if someone on the message board here consistently trashed and trolled you i cant imagine that you'd be so becoming upon news of their passing. 

Granted he is a public figure and his words hold more sway than ours in the general public, but he's still just a human after all and subject to his emotions like the rest of us. Give it a break Bills fans and twitter..

Agreed. I thought it was ridiculous some here were donating to Tua's cause after he had that concussion. Thousands of people get injured or suffer from the effects of some disease every day, yet no one donates to them. Why did people donate to Tua's cause just because he is a celebrity? I just don't get it. I guess it makes them feel better. Just like people donate or help food pantries during the holidays, but then disappear the rest of the year. And high school students often do a volunteer project, well, because they have to and it looks good on their college applications.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

not that it really matters anymore i guess, but was he trolling simms to the point he was harassing him? like were the things he was saying to simms that bad? or does simms just have really thin skin?

I mean it’s twitter… you can literally choose not to look and not be offended 

I think chris has thin skin

Edited by Buffalo716

17 minutes ago, chongli said:

Agreed. I thought it was ridiculous some here were donating to Tua's cause after he had that concussion. Thousands of people get injured or suffer from the effects of some disease every day, yet no one donates to them. Why did people donate to Tua's cause just because he is a celebrity? I just don't get it. I guess it makes them feel better. Just like people donate or help food pantries during the holidays, but then disappear the rest of the year. And high school students often do a volunteer project, well, because they have to and it looks good on their college applications.

Well, yeah.. virtue signaling is all the rage now.  How else can the world know I'm better than you if I don't donate to these random people and tell you that you're a scumbag if you don't.  If Tua actually gave a damn he could easily donate more than 10k. He's just doing it for the optics like everyone else. 

Edited by Hermes
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, chongli said:

It's one of life's greatest mysteries...

3 minutes ago, Hermes said:

Well, yeah.. virtue signaling is all the rage now.  How else can the world know I'm better than you if I don't donate to these random people and tell you that you're a scumbag if you don't.  If Tua actually gave a damn he could easily donate more than 10k. He's just doing it for the optics like everyone else. 

This is nothing new. It's not a new rage. People have been doing it for decades.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

PPP says, “hold my ... Watery like piss poor brand”

Best I can do to say I fixed it for tou....I have a gggggreeeat reply but I can't post it. Simon said I get too political ☹️

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

His first quote was fine. But he was baited into going further. When he did, I do believe that he said something he will regret. He didn’t say not to donate, but he did imply that donating was not a great idea. 

He should have kept his mouth shut after he first spoke. 

Coughlins law. Bury the dead. The stink up the place.  

It also never speak I'll of the dead, which is the same point. They're gone. No matter who they are, any and all of their bad is gone.

2 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Twitter is the Speak-First-and-Think-About-What-You-Said-Based-Upon-the-Public-Reaction -verse.  

If brain activity could be measured by people that "Tweet" before they do, it'd have to rank among the lowest of any platform in history.  

Twitter, Facebook, Canadians, Instagram…….some things are so stupid it has to be declared a tie.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.