Did we just land our Cooper Kupp?

Lost

Watching highlights of Kincaid I just see a lot of similarities here.   He just looks more like a receiver on film than a TE.   I'm quite happy we took him over one of the smaller slot receivers I thought the Bills were gonna go after.   Don't love that they had to trade up for him and unfortunately with this pick my hopes of them targeting Jonathan Mingo in the 2nd have been shattered.    Hopefully they still go after a decent guard in round 2 before McD goes off on his defensive picks.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, wppete said:

It’s crazy to say but Kincaid really does look like a mix of Travis Kelce and Zach Ertz….. Amazing pick for Josh. 

He has top 5 TE potential for sure. An elite playmaker. I wanted WR but how can you not like a guy of this caliber and skill set? Basically is a walking mismatch in the slot. No matter what the D does they are wrong.

Can out muscle and box out corners and safeties and run away from LBs.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

Think of how nightmarish this offense will be. People forget the signings of super speedy Deonte Harty and pass protection upgrade Connor Mc Govern. Add the usual Diggs/Knox/Davis, the pass blocking of Damien Harris and speed of Cook, and now Kincaid. Good luck stopping Josh!

Edit: Dorsey has no excuse now to not have one of the most potent offense!

Edited by Jerome007
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

I think part of Bills fan’s trouble with Kincaid is that the franchise has never had a Tight End of any real caliber. It’s pretty much been a nonexistent position on the offensive roster. But…can you imagine if Josh had a guy that he can depend on to get open and move the chains without having to scramble around or force the ball into a tough downfield or tight sideline window? I love the pick! Make the completion, move the chains, repeat. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Ernie Warlick, Pete Metzelaars, and Paul Costa would like to have a word with you...A few veteran fans as well. 🤨

Sadly, There isn’t a fan here much more veteran than me. 😳 None of those guys were the level of offensive weapon that I’m referring to. And they all played in a different era. Have you not see how Mahomes just sits there and throws to Kelce play after play after play? It’s frustrating as all hell to watch as opposing fans but I’m dying to see the Bills move to that sort of offense. Keep the darn ball, and move the chains. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

27 minutes ago, Lost said:

Watching highlights of Kincaid I just see a lot of similarities here.   He just looks more like a receiver on film than a TE.   I'm quite happy we took him over one of the smaller slot receivers I thought the Bills were gonna go after.   Don't love that they had to trade up for him and unfortunately with this pick my hopes of them targeting Jonathan Mingo in the 2nd have been shattered.    Hopefully they still go after a decent guard in round 2 before McD goes off on his defensive picks.  

I heard he has back issues too so it’s possible the staff wants him to slim down which would help him be that big slot weapon with added quickness imo.

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Have you not see lm Mahomes just sit there and throw to Kelce play after play after play? It’s frustrating as all hell to watch

To this day I'm still baffled as to how often Kelce is open, and not only in zone defenses. Like he is invisible or something ha ha. Anyway, this offense is going to be awesome unless Dorsey messes up (or gulp, an injuru to a certain #17...)

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I think part of Bills fan’s trouble with Kincaid is that the franchise has never had a Tight End of any real caliber. It’s pretty much been a nonexistent position on the offensive roster. But…can you imagine if Josh had a guy that he can depend on to get open and move the chains without having to scramble around or force the ball into a tough downfield or tight sideline window? I love the pick! Make the completion, move the chains, repeat. 

Bite your tongue! Chandler was a beast.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

So did Gronk.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

So did Gronk.

well aware that’s why it doesn’t concern me.  I’m looking at this as more of a wr pick than a te.  We don’t need him blocking, we need any him finding those soft spots and being a human vacuum and catching the ball in traffic which seems to be his strong suit.  I’m excited about the potential 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

Bite your tongue! Chandler was a beast.

I had to look it up. Did you know that Knox already has more TD catches than Chandler did? And he’s played less games. In fact, Knox is second all time to Metzalaars but has played in 1/3 of the games as Pete ever did. Wild! 

2 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

We got our boy!! Uneal. I can't believe he was there still. One of the best players in the entire draft! Best pass catcher in entire draft was quoted about him. We just won the draft. Def no Dhop now.

Of course Dhop is a superstar but salary cap anyone? With Diggs, Knox, Davis and Harty (people forget him or what?) and Kincaid, the Bills are set for receivers... especially if they finally use Cook too. They have so many weapons, that I recall TDs by backup TEs and FB in the beginning of the season last year, what happened to that later on? Anyway, you can't cover them all.

And McGovern is quite an upgrade at pas protection too. I don't think the Bills will be a run heavy team ha ha. It's all pass heavy weapons. 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I had to look it up. Did you know that Knox already has more TD catches than Chandler did? And he’s played less games. In fact, Knox is second all time to Metzalaars but has played in 1/3 of the games as Pete ever did. Wild! 

Knox is quite good! I don't get some fans mad at him. Sure he didn't get thrown at enough, and yes he drops some, but overall he is a beast!

• Like (+1) 1

Was just watching highlights and thinking to myself that between Kincaid, Knox, Harris and Allen they’re going to dominate Kyle Brandt’s “angry runs” next season. Their potential for brutality should open up a lot of room for the rest of the offense.

• Like (+1) 1

The 1 to 1 comparison isn't there but I can see what you are getting at.

I think athletically they might actually be somewhat similar.  Kupp ran a 4.6 40 at 6'0 200lbs and while Kincaid didn't run in the draft process most have his 40 at 4.7.  Kupp obviously is a shiftier player and a more downfield threat.  Kincaid should be able to really target the middle of the field and the seam and he should be a killer on those underneath option routes.

50 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This is Robert Royal slander

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I like the analyst last night who said teams are shifting focus from gathering D players to stop Mahomes, because you can't, to getting O weapons to outscore them.

You need an elite QB yourself of course to take this approach and fortunately the Bills do.

Maximize the power of your best weapon in Josh

Picture this... We set up in the base 12 formation.. Kincaid takes 4 steps to the right in the slot position... Then moments after that Knox does the same thing.  The OLB's now have their hands filled? What to do... who has what... Safeties have to worry about the middle of the field so maybe they take a step back... and then we hand it off to Cook for 10 yards..

THAT is what Kincaid and Knox on the field at the same time does for you.

Now picture this.. 

Kincaid lines up to the right slot... Knox on the Line. Davis being a very good WR blocker on the same side as Knox and Kincaid... OLB's and DB's are positioning themselves right to handle these guys appropriately and... SCREEN!... 7 plays later they line up the same way, and Kincaid runs a post, Knox has the blitz covered... 

You have to understand... this is not just what Kincaid can do for JA.. its what he does for the rest of the weapons as well...  It's going to be a whole new playbook.. we just changed the whole outlook of... having 4-5 WR out there and defenses knowing exactly what we are going to do....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

IMO we have evolved into an offense now where no matter what a DC tries to do he will be wrong and he is going to have to decide how he wants to die. Quickly or slowly? deep balls over the top or death by a thousand cuts? Light boxes and we run the ball for 5-6 yards a clip or try and get to Allen before he gets rid of the ball and shut down his escape lanes?

I think we will see DCs slamming clipboards, head coaches throwing phones and defensive players shaking their heads at an all time high this year.

There are no good answers now for how to stop this offense. Only bad choices and worse choices for the DC on a given play. And Dorsey trying to get too cute.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.