[Misleading Title]

FireChans

10 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Hard freaking pass

We just let our own MLB go who got a fat contract from another team

Why would we then go and trade players and/or draft capital to go pay another MLB?

Do people just think this is Madden?

White is a superior football player. 

FWIW, Devin White had 12 tackles and 1 INT against Mahomes in the SB 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MJS said:

He IS worth that. That's what the market dictated.

Regardless, the Bills couldn't afford to give that to him and can't afford to give that to someone else either.

Yes they can make it happen if they really want a player/ think he’s worth the value.  

He’d be great in our defense. Not sure what they want. In theory it’s a one year 10 million dollar rental. Bills are one of the few teams that it would make sense to go get him. I’d do it within reason if I’m Beane total game changer. Probably trade Ed and give him Ed’s money and TB the draft pick for Ed. Maybe one of ours also. Then go get a DT early in the draft. There are several. Get that 350LB guy from Baylor @ 59 or the Wisconsin kid. 

Edited by Paul Costa
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

White is better than Edmunds 

As a Bucs fan and somewhat of an Edmunds hater, White is not in any way better than Edmunds. White has mostly been bad in the NFL and his mistakes were routinely covered up by Lavonte David, who is actually good. White is massively overpaid on his 5th year option.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, MJS said:

Which means they can't afford it.

There’s a big difference between the two. They can definitely afford it.

These contracts can be structured to put off huge cap hits 2 years down the road. They chose not to sign Edmunds because they didn’t want to.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Also, do some fans think NFL GMs are complete morons (some are)? Every Dan tries to trade Oliver for any player available? Do you think teams are interested in acquiring a “penetrating “ DT with 2.5 sacks and a $10 million contract? No one wants Oliver at that price, much less give up anything if real value for it. 

3 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Oliver+some kind of draft pick to sweeten it, git er dun Beane.

Some Buffalo 3 + bar bill beef on WECK & chicken wing combo for Ana De Armas. Get it done Beane. 

46 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Beane should at least kick the tires on this.

Beane very likely  has already determined if it is doable, price wise, via Whites agent, remember, we let a high price player walk in Edmunds…, so are we going to give up similar dollars to White? 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Also, do some fans think NFL GMs are complete morons (some are)? Every Dan tries to trade Oliver for any player available? Do you think teams are interested in acquiring a “penetrating “ DT with 2.5 sacks and a $10 million contract? No one wants Oliver at that price, much less give up anything if real value for it. 

Lotta people  here don’t care about what other teams night think…they just propose trade ideas about what suits best for the Bills…they don’t seem to realise that both teams have to be satisfied with the trade outcome… 

Getting rid of Oliver frees up some money so just trade him…he is the 2023  Zac Moss who was included in every cockamamie trade proposal last year..

• Haha (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Is Beane asleep at the wheel? Start calling!

Not happening unless they can swap Ed Oliver for White.  

Besides, I think if the Bills were going to give out a monster contract to a LB they would prefer Edmunds.  I can’t see them giving White that kind of deal if they wouldn’t give it to Edmunds 

White is a consistent underperformer relative to his draft slot, I only bring up his slot because it's all he's living off of.  His NFL production is subpar, good blitzer though.

Edit: ^ You posted those stats right as I hit send.  But at least those "grades" match with my eye test.  Guy can get after the QB, he's quick, but everything else is just nothing to write home about.

Edited by bouds

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

McDermott is not trading for this. I’ve heard a lot of negative stories on White the last couple seasons.

that hurts to watch. Why do people feel the need to do that with video?

11 minutes ago, bouds said:

White is a consistent underperformer relative to his draft slot, I only bring up his slot because it's all he's living off of.  His NFL production is subpar, good blitzer though.

Edit: ^ You posted those stats right as I hit send.  But at least those "grades" match with my eye test.  Guy can get after the QB, he's quick, but everything else is just nothing to write home about.

Devin White in 1 less year played than TREMAAAAAAAAINE has:

14 more sacks

7 more forced fumbles

80 less tackles

55 minutes ago, MJS said:

He IS worth that. That's what the market dictated.

Regardless, the Bills couldn't afford to give that to him and can't afford to give that to someone else either.

Apparently not to the Bills lmao

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Devin White in 1 less year played than TREMAAAAAAAAINE has:

14 more sacks

7 more forced fumbles

80 less tackles

Apparently not to the Bills lmao

White is a good blitzer. Can’t cover. Different types of players. Not a scheme fit here.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Lavonte David should have chosen the Bills 

They didn’t want him.

41 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Allowed 76.8% completions, missed 11% of his tackles, called out by Warren Sapp for lack of effort. 

He’s good on Madden though. 

And a whopping.....wait on it......on everyone's favorite rating system....wait on it....

PFF Overall Rating of 45 in 2022!!!!

Our old whippin boy Tremaine was  79.   

Not sure White is an Upgrade

1 minute ago, freddyjj said:

And a whopping.....wait on it......on everyone's favorite rating system....wait on it....

PFF Overall Rating of 45 in 2022!!!!

Our old whippin boy Tremaine was  79.   

Not sure White is an Upgrade

To be fair, Edmunds' PFF grades were similarly terrible up until this past season. But yeah, White is simply not a good football player. I think most Bucs fan will be elated to see him traded for anything of value.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.